Minix XBMC beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix XBMC beta release

Minix has released a Beta XBMC.apk on the support download page, Lets test...

http://www.minix.com.hk/Support.htm

Frank

Looks like this apk is locked to a Minix device... I tried to install on lewy's and Finless both are not working. Isn't XBMC open source MINIX??? That's not too cool, getting to be like Apple, wont give root, now locking apks... Its Android... Rant over... Flashing over to stock 007e to give it another shot...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
      Looks like this apk is locked to a Minix device... I tried to install on lewy's and Finless both are not working.
      Jup, just as I thought. Since both ROMs spoof a Samsung device, this version of XBMC can not be installed on them. Only on stock MINIX ROMs.
      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
        Jup, just as I thought. Since both ROMs spoof a Samsung device, this version of XBMC can not be installed on them. Only on stock MINIX ROMs.
        i think you can use xbmcminix on here if change info build.prop

restore info minix build see build.orig (orginal) in /system ...

Comment

Originally posted by nayef View Post
          i think you can use xbmcminix on here if change info build.prop
          Indeed, but then you're back to square one as far as Play Store compatibility is concerned.

(Yes, you could probably do this for just the installation of XBMC and then change back ... unless the app checks for the deviceId at run-time.)
          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Well so far so good looks smooth will report back later after I run through a few different movie formats... I don't think audio is working on pass-through I had trouble so switched back to standard HDMI...

Its not as zippy as Lewy's / Finless combo ROM... LOL

Frank

Comment

Had some issues with popping sound and frame skipping stuttering it might be firmware related not near as smooth as Lewy's... Flashing over to Lewy's v1.2.2 firmware and maybe try the Finless v1.8 OC 1080p kernel on top...

Frank

Comment

I bet I can pull apart the APK and fix the build.prop issues

What is Minix thinking sometimes by doing this crap.... Don't they know Dev's will fix this?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I bet I can pull apart the APK and fix the build.prop issues

What is Minix thinking sometimes by doing this crap.... Don't they know Dev's will fix this?

Bob
                  I guess they do not want to be copied by other RockChip Android box producers

Comment

Bob, can't wait!!!

I flashed back over to play around with the XBMC Minix build. Its v12.4 Minix Git:20131201 Dec 1st. I like the confluence mods as they work very well with my A1 Minix air mouse. The keyboard mapping is still not right as shift, ctrl and such don't work... I wished that was fixed in Lewy's build as well, I guess its a known issue.

I had a couple of HD MPG's that wouldn't play, sound worked but showed the movie cover and controls but just a blank grey screen. They played perfect on Lewy's apk... Large +10gig MKV 1080p videos from my NAS buffers frequently and once it quit back to the home screen. Again it played fine on Lewy's...

I installed Fusion and then Xfinity wizards, both worked ok. HM HD 1080p vids needed frequent buffering. I have a 50MBS connection and my Linux M3 Pivos plays them fine.

Its a big improvement over 12.2 but not as good as can be had by open source development...

Thanks go to the Open Source Dev's here we all appreciate it!

Frank

Comment

After testing I gave up and flashed back to Bobs v1.8...

I can say at this point the best firmware build is Bob's
                      kernel 1080_cpu1704h_gpustock600_ddr720 which makes my box rock solid perfect for a media hub running Lewy's justxbmcv4.apk, everything works, well I guess with the exception of the PS3 remote which I don't use...

Frank

Comment

Here is a Minix XBMC that will run on my Finless ROMs. I took out the build.prop model check! Nothing more!

APK -> Minix XBMC APP that works on Finless ROMs (53 megs)

So now you get my build.prop tweaks for the Google Play compatibility AND Minix XBMC APP will now run.

Sorry Minix but people like my ROMs better then stock so this is a must for people to be happy.

FYI folks, don't expect this to work on anything other than the X7. It also has tweaks specific to X7 hardware, library files, or something like that. I tried it on my CX-919 and it wont run. It passes the model check but never opens (it hangs with a black screen).

Enjoy,
                        Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Here is a Minix XBMC that will run on my Finless ROMs. I took out the build.prop model check! Nothing more!

APK -> Minix XBMC APP that works on Finless ROMs (53 megs)

So now you get my build.prop tweaks for the Google Play compatibility AND Minix XBMC APP will now run.

Sorry Minix but people like my ROMs better then stock so this is a must for people to be happy.

FYI folks, don't expect this to work on anything other than the X7. It also has tweaks specific to X7 hardware, library files, or something like that. I tried it on my CX-919 and it wont run. It passes the model check but never opens (it hangs with a black screen).

Enjoy,
                          Bob
                          Thank you Sir! This is great as I can compare Justxbmcv4, Ouya, SPMC and this beta with all settings being the same, a true apples to apples comparison...

Thanks Bob Dev's like you make this forum stand above the rest!

Frank

Comment

File not found!

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
                            Thank you Sir! This is great as I can compare Justxbmcv4, Ouya, SPMC and this beta with all settings being the same, a true apples to apples comparison...

Thanks Bob Dev's like you make this forum stand above the rest!

Frank
                            Link says file not found.

Comment

Originally posted by arnold8 View Post
                              Link says file not found.

There was a problem with the file so it was removed... Bob decided he wanted to do it like this...

Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X