Minix XBMC beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
    There was a problem with the file so it was removed... Bob decided he wanted to do it like this...

Frank
    I have just uploaded a version for bob to test if you would like to give it a go.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post119941
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

So, I will be using Lewy's justxbmcv4.apk as it is the best XBMC for a Minix x7 at the moment. I tested all to date versions running Bobs 1080p v1.8 firmware back to back, Lewy's justxbmc just works smoother and plays everything.

Minix team, keep up the good work and when beta 2 comes out Ill give it another shot...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
        I have just uploaded a version for bob to test if you would like to give it a go.

Thanks for that!

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post

Nice try , but Koying just mentioned that he had also put in a runtime check for Minix Neo and when it doesn't see it, he disables the HW acceleration. Tested it with the above, and indeed, acceleration doesn't work.

Edit: just saw that you have detected it yourself. Will wait for your 3rd test apk.
          Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by gswiatl View Post
            Nice try , but Koying just mentioned that he had also put in a runtime check for Minix Neo and when it doesn't see it, he disables the HW acceleration. Tested it with the above, and indeed, acceleration doesn't work.

Edit: just saw that you have detected it yourself. Will wait for your 3rd test apk.
            Thanks for your efforts!
            Try test 3 now mate. Let me know if that one works.
            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Minix XBMC beta release

Well, it's working all right, but... I left it running a movie with my TV and receiver off. An hour later I came back and the screen was frozen with the audio on. Had to force it to close. I guess this is a bug with the build itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gswiatl View Post
                Well, it's working all right, but... I left it running a movie with my TV and receiver off. An hour later I came back and the screen was frozen with the audio on. Had to force it to close. I guess this is a bug with the build itself.
                logcat welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
                  logcat welcome

Koying, thank you for your efforts on the Minix XBMC beta and its great to see you here. I didn't get any logcats as I tested it but I will do so on the next beta. Any hint as to when that will be?

The major problems I had were slow buffering videos, stuttering choppy video play back on large files and it had trouble decoding some mpg movies. Sound issues on a few mkv's with a popping noise coming through like static on hdmi. Sorry I wasn't too detailed as I was just trying to get a basic feel comparison between the different versions.

I used the 007e test firmware for comparison on your XBMC and Im guessing that most problems I encountered could be due to the slower system performance. It would be great to test on the same platform but the frustrating restrictions of Minix XBMC only gave me one option... Do you have any testing recommendations?

I am excited about the development focus for this box and thank you again for your efforts!

Frank

Comment

Thanks Flumpster for the test 3 minix xbmc apk...

I tested it on Bob's v1.8 1080p firmware and as I thought most of the problems related to slow response was due to the stock 007e settings. It still had trouble decoding mpg movies... Log attached

NAS movies played much smoother and buffering was not an issue...

Frank
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
                      Thanks Flumpster for the test 3 minix xbmc apk...

I tested it on Bob's v1.8 1080p firmware and as I thought most of the problems related to slow response was due to the stock 007e settings. It still had trouble decoding mpg movies... Log attached

NAS movies played much smoother and buffering was not an issue...

Frank
                      MPEG2 is coming next beta. Solved today

Really hoping Minix will finally agree to deliver firmwares with decent clockings

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
                        MPEG2 is coming next beta. Solved today

Really hoping Minix will finally agree to deliver firmwares with decent clockings

Great thanks Koying, looking forward to testing!

Frank

Comment

Sorry for OT is it supposed to work at rk3066 ? Ive installed it at my mk808 with os MK808/B_digitopMod_v3.5_WALKMAN_Nov2013 and HW is not working many frame drops. Maybe there is another check ?

Comment

Originally posted by xes View Post
                            Sorry for OT is it supposed to work at rk3066 ? Ive installed it at my mk808 with os MK808/B_digitopMod_v3.5_WALKMAN_Nov2013 and HW is not working many frame drops. Maybe there is another check ?
                            What does your build.prop say for MODEL for this Walkman ROM?
                            If it does not start with GT-I then you will not get hardware acceleration.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              What does your build.prop say for MODEL for this Walkman ROM?
                              If it does not start with GT-I then you will not get hardware acceleration.

Bob
                              Can we just edit the build.prop file with https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor or ES File Manager.
                              The Walkman rom's build.prop for MODEL says MK808B, so only have to change it to GT-I.

Comment

Be careful. Sometimes changing just the model without the other settings in build.prop can cause a bootloop. But yes you can edit build.prop if your rooted. The model is GT-I9300

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X