Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koying View Post
    Please read http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post123262

Optical / 5.1 just does not exist. Optical is always compressed audio on 2.0.
    if i right --> i can not play movies with digital dolby / dts 5.1 ?

Comment

Is it about XBMC only? Asking because I am getting true 5.1 audio (Rear + S/W) using MX Player.

Comment

Re: Minix XBMC beta release

Can you please provide me a link for the xbmc beta 1 or upload it , I tried there and there was no problem at all, now I have uninstalled it and I don't have it any more

Thank you

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Slow down. Let me do some tests tonight (UTC).

Comment

Originally posted by shosh View Post
            if i right --> i can not play movies with digital dolby / dts 5.1 ?
            There seems to be some genuine misunderstanding of how compressed multichannel soundtracks are coded / transported / decoded. Here is a direct quote from Wikipedia:

"S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound (such as DTS audio codec);"

It's up to the receiver to recognise the format of the incoming bitstream and decode it accordingly.

<rant>
            I have several DTS-encoded multi-channel CDs. The bitrate/coding etc. of the full-rate DTS bitstream is identical to two channel uncompressed PCM. To wit, the DTS bitstream is sent to the receiver just like "normal" stereo audio and any CD player with optical/coaxial outputs can play DTS-CDs. A DTS-capable receiver recognises the incoming bitstream as DTS by a flag(?) and switches to DTS decoding mode. A non-compatible receiver will produce just digital noise out of the speakers, just like some users have witnessed with their X7s when passthrough has not worked.
            </rant>

(I'm not very good at explaining this. I bought my first DVD player and a 5.1 sound system in 1998 and I just sort of "know" this stuff.)
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

did somebody get a AC3 (dolby digital) spdf- passthrough on mxplayer/ xbmc working ? i have one problem --> i become sound just from the front speaker and not on my rear speakers , and the sound wich i got is with some noise, dts and thx passthrough are working perfect

you can download a test video:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/r...dolby_best_sound.rar&pic=dolby_best_sound.jpg
              or another demo is hier :

anybody have the same issue ?!

Comment

Thanks for your fine work!
                I tried Beta2 on finless 1.8, especially with enigma2 streams. Here's some feedback

On HD (1280x720):
                - ARD HD shows frequent dropped frames, Possible training issue.

On FullHD (1920x1080):
                - RT HD (Russia Today HD) de-interlacing is not solid. I.e interlace lines seen with movement.
                - Sky Bundesliga HD1 doesn't converge. I.e. seems to continuously train to the incoming stream.

I've found the above channels representing the problematic ones.
                Note that per default in beta2 the de-interlacing setting is not switched on (i think, as I don't know what is done 'under water' when opening a 1080i stream)

I compare the video smoothness with my Openelec on the RPi-B.
                The performance of that is astonishing considering the HW (with some overclocking though).

FullHD movies from SMB share play fine.
                (except for the 250ms audio delay. I.e. I still need to put audio 250ms ahead)

Comment

Originally posted by shosh View Post
                  did somebody get a AC3 (dolby digital) spdf- passthrough on mxplayer/ xbmc working ? i have one problem --> i become sound just from the front speaker and not on my rear speakers , and the sound wich i got is with some noise, dts and thx passthrough are working perfect

you can download a test video:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/r...dolby_best_sound.rar&pic=dolby_best_sound.jpg
                  or another demo is hier :

anybody have the same issue ?!
                  Optical 5.1 DOES exist.

Yes. I am able to get 5.1 ch sound from X7 Mini both with MX Player & XBMC.
                  My receiver (Onkyo) shows 'Digital' when DD5.1 is passed to it. If DD2.1(or 2.0), it shows 'Dolby Digital Stereo'.
                  So, I can know what kind of signal is passed to the receiver.
                  In my case, i always get 'Digital' whenever a 5.1ch audio is passed to it.
                  (Nitro Quickshot ROM + Minix XBMC / MX Player)
                  I used this test video which clearly tells you which speaker the sound is supposed to come:
                  http://dl.demo-world.eu/download_dolby.php?filename=dolby_channel_check.ra r
                  Last edited by drjf; 12-19-2013, 06:18.

Comment

Hi Koying,
                    Could you help me: how can I get the other XBMC keyboard language (not english)?

Comment

FLAC performance

Hi,
                      The worst for me is poor HD audio performance.
                      FLAC 24 bit 96khz - poor sound quality
                      FLAC 24bit 192khz - jamming

Neutron player - perfect quality in both scenarios.

Comment

How to change the network buffer settings for this XBMC minix version ? I have a slow internet connection and always used to change the buffer setting to 0 in advancedSettings.xml file while using justXBMC.

I searched in the /system/data for advancedsettings file but not found anywhere. Can i create a new file ? what settings should i include and where should i place it so that the XBMC minix app can use it ?

Comment

Originally posted by krispuniq View Post
                          I searched in the /system/data for advancedsettings file but not found anywhere. Can i create a new file ? what settings should i include and where should i place it so that the XBMC minix app can use it ?
                          You can create it in
                          Code:
                          /sdcard/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Comment

this is a really nice build of xbmc... but for some reason the back arrow is mapping wrong.. i use any number of xbmc remote apps for android.. and is the situation.. say im watching a movie... and i hit the back buttton... i would expect it to back browse to the previous menu... but in this version of xbmc it skips back the video player... in the official Gotham Alpha release the function of the back arrow is will back browse to the previous menu... im not even sure if i have the terms right,, but im not sure why the back button now skips backward the video... but this breaks function on all the xbmc remote aps i have tried..

Yatse
                            Xbmc remote
                            Pump Music remote

and the logitech k400 keyboard... i hate to be such a tool about such a small issue... but its such a unique problem... and i use my android phone to operate the minix neo x7... i have tried editing the keymap with the xbmc key editor addon... no luck... but i would like to see if any one else has this issue...

perhaps some one using the Yatse xbmc remote can try this test..
                            load a video and try the back button on the yatse remote... it should be backing out to previous screen.. but some thing has changed in the keymap.. execpt for that issue of not functioning well with the android xbmc remotes i would really like to use this as a daily driver... but i need that backbutton working so right now im sticking with Gotham Alpha 1...

any idea how to fix this back button issue... again hate to look toolish... but i kinda need the android xbmc remote to work...

Comment

librtmp

hi Koying,

did u used an updated librtmp.so with the latest patches file with this build?
                              Thank you

Comment

Thank you to Koying + Minix for the eagerly awaited Beta 2.

I reran my video tests using
                                - XBMC beta 2 / finless rom 1.8 / 1.8Ghz, 600Mhz GPU and 800DDR3 MEM
                                - Files are on a NAS accessed using NFS

1. .wtv files recorded from Windows Media Center (circa 3GB size / MPEG2 / bitrate: 3716 kb/s)
                                  • Some play fine, but most crash out the app after the loading bar shows for few seconds.
                                • .ts files recorded from Media Portal (3.9 GB size / mpeg2video / mp2 audio / bitrate: 3040 kb/s )
                                  • XBMC - video plays in a reduced window - I had to use the Stretch "View mode" / audio out by .4 secs circa fixed with global offset
                                • .vob file (ripped DVD, 720p)
                                  • XBMC - video perfect / audio out by .4 secs circa
                                • .mkv file (makeMKV from blueray, 26GB, h264 / dts / bitrate: 26693 kb/s)
                                  • XBMC - playback smooth / audio offset as per .ts
                                • .m2ts file (home cam movies, a few MBs 7159kb/s, h264 / ac3)
                                  • XBMC - played fine, often 'back' button stopped working requiring me to use the 'stop' button strangely

So progress particularly on the .m2ts format. Minor regression on .ts files.

+1 for those who've asked for the A2 remote to work as it on Minix XBMC as it does on justXBMC. Essentially where you point overrides the touch pad on hitting the enter key so for Minix XBMC you have to disable the air mouse.

Overall a step in the right direction. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X