Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetimes BT919, GM282 or J22 or CX919II (RK3188 with wifi AP6210) - OC dan Vsync Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okey View Post
    Which rom are you using m8

The Timingpower firmware from February:

I used this tutorial and the RKtools to extract the boot.img and then extracted the boot.img to get the kernel.img as you suggested. I patched the vsync issue using Perl as in step 2.

EXCEPT that instead of step 3, I replaced the patched kernel in the temp folder - and hit "build" in the RKtool to create a new firmware image.

I then used the RKbatchtool provided with the timingpower RK3188 updates, to flash the new ROM. So far it's working great, with very smooth video. In short - it's just the latest stock timingpower firmware, but the vsync issue was patched.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
      The Timingpower firmware from February:

I used this tutorial and the RKtools to extract the boot.img and then extracted the boot.img to get the kernel.img as you suggested. I patched the vsync issue using Perl as in step 2.

EXCEPT that instead of step 3, I replaced the patched kernel in the temp folder - and hit "build" in the RKtool to create a new firmware image.

I then used the RKbatchtool provided with the timingpower RK3188 updates, to flash the new ROM. So far it's working great, with very smooth video. In short - it's just the latest stock timingpower firmware, but the vsync issue was patched.
      upload your rom please

Comment

Originally posted by criszz View Post
        upload your rom please
        Unfortunately I can't. I don't have a place to host a 400 Meg file. But I've been trading emails with Dick Chan, the rep for timingpower. In the morning I will give him my patched kernel to hopefully include in a firmware update. If you can't wait, follow the procedure from this thread along with my comments above. It only takes about a half hour including flashing.

I've also asked him to look into silencing audio out via HDMI when using the headphone port. It's a pain when you're using a monitor without volume control. In my case, I'm using the timingpower Rk3188 to power a Motorola Lapdock.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
          Unfortunately I can't. I don't have a place to host a 400 Meg file. But I've been trading emails with Dick Chan, the rep for timingpower. In the morning I will give him my patched kernel to hopefully include in a firmware update. If you can't wait, follow the procedure from this thread along with my comments above. It only takes about a half hour including flashing.

I've also asked him to look into silencing audio out via HDMI when using the headphone port. It's a pain when you're using a monitor without volume control. In my case, I'm using the timingpower Rk3188 to power a Motorola Lapdock.
          well... i belived is ''all about share'' and things that make life easier. I will do it my self after all but i can't belive you don't have an google acount with google drive space for upload. Just don't belive that. Thank you for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by criszz View Post
            well... i belived is ''all about share'' and things that make life easier. I will do it my self after all but i can't belive you don't have an google acount with google drive space for upload. Just don't belive that. Thank you for attention.

Believe what you want, it's true - thanks for calling me a liar. I hope you will practice what you preach and post your rom when you're done.

If I didn't believe in sharing, I wouldn't have reported my results nor procedure. Based on a complete lack of discussion and response to my queries on this forum, I am surprised anyone is interested in a timingpower rom.

Comment

Calm down guys. No need to have a google account to upload something. U can upload your rom here https://mega.co.nz/

I tried this firmware Firmware 20140214 720P . http://www.timingpower.com/rk3188-support

I flashed it with success but it wont boot.
              cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                Calm down guys. No need to have a google account to upload something. U can upload your rom here https://mega.co.nz/

I tried this firmware Firmware 20140214 720P . http://www.timingpower.com/rk3188-support

I flashed it with success but it wont boot.
                I'm trying to use that site - but during upload it's stuck at 0%. I'll try again and report back.

Do you have a timingpower RK3188 stick? Did you try to flash it and boot before you patched, or only after the patch?

Comment

I have cx 919ii, the same as the threadstarter. I flashed the firmware after that it will not boot.

If Mega wont work, then try this http://www.multiupload.nl/

It will upload to 9 hosters at the same time. Good luck.
                  cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                    I have cx 919ii, the same as the threadstarter. I flashed the firmware after that it will not boot.

If Mega wont work, then try this http://www.multiupload.nl/

It will upload to 9 hosters at the same time. Good luck.
                    OK - I finally got Mega to work. This is my rom for the Timingpower RK3188 ONLY! I don't think it's worth trying unless you have the exact same device (with headphone port). Use at your own risk.

Screw it, I have the link from MEGA and can use it, but for some reason can't copy it to this site. I've wasted over an hour just trying to host this ROM, I give up. I e-mailed the link to the timingpower rep, so it must be a permissions issue on this site.
                    Last edited by PolloLoco; 03-05-2014, 12:53.

Comment

O.o
                      cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by zetzzzz View Post
                        Finally, i get a combination of custom ROM and kernel that working for my Step 1
                        Extract your stock kernel
                        1. Download and extract the tools to C:\RK3XXX\ (create new folder, DO NOT USE BLANK on any of folder name you created)
                        2. Open DriverInstaller.exe to install the driver required
                        3. Open Start.exe file as administrator
                        4. Click “Select Img..” and select your stock rom above
                        5. Click “Extract”
                        6. Wait until it finished
                        7. Close the Rk3xxx firmware tools
                        8. Your kernel was in C:\RK3XXX\temp\Android\Image\ as “kernel.img” file.
                        9. Copy the your kernel.img to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (create new folder)
                        10. Step 1 done

Step 2

Patch and Overclock your kernel
                        1. Download and install Active Perl
                        2. Go to https://github.com/phjanderson/rkpatchomatic from your fav browser
                        3. Click “Download Zip” button on the right side of the page to download all the script. You will find rkpatchomatic-master.zip
                        4. Extract the zip and copy “overclockomatic3188” and “vsyncfixomatic” files on to C:\RK3XXX\patch\
                        5. Fired up your command prompt by using combination of win key+”r” on your keyboard. Write “cmd” and hit enter.
                        6. Navigate to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ by using this command:
                          • C:
                          • cd\
                          • cd RK3XXX\patch
                        7. Patch your kernel by using this command:
                          • Code:
                            perl vsyncfixomatic kernel.img
                          • your patched kernel will be saved by the name of kernel_vsfsam.img
                        8. Overclock your patched kernel by using this command:
                          • Code:
                            perl overclockomatic3188 kernel_vsfsam.img
                          • select the CPU table (as for me table number 6)
                          • select the GPU table (as for me table number 7)
                          • select the DDR table (as for me table number 8)
                        9. It will creating over 40 different kernel configuration of CPU, GPU and DDR clock.
                        10. Step 2 done

Step 3

Flash custom rom and kernel
                        1. Download Finless 1.6b from the link above and extract it somewhere
                        2. Go to folder RKDevelopTool_v1.37 and run as administrator RKAndroidTool.exe
                        3. Replace the original finless rom kernel.img with one the patched and OC kernel on C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (i choose kernel_vsfsam_cpustock_gpu798h_ddr800.img. the CPU clock is stock but i overclocked the GPU (for graphic) and the RAM)
                        4. Hold the Fn button on your android stick while put in the usb cable to the computer
                        5. Make sure the tool shows “Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb”
                        6. Click “Erase NAND (IDB)” button
                        7. Click “Flash ROM” button
                        8. Step 3 Done

DONE!!
                        Enjoy your clean and fast Finless ROM with working Wifi and Bluetooth and the HD Movies playback was very smooth even my Galaxy Note 2 LTE was no match against it (I’m seroius!). The Antutu scored 20600

ENJOY YOUR BT919 STICK!!!

here is all my modified, patched and OC kernel:
                        from baidu --> http://pan.baidu.com/s/15WL16
                        or
                        from mediafire --> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1i0...20kernel%20mod
                        I'm having some trouble with patching the kernel. I make it to step 2-7, then I get an error in the command prompt " 'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Can you tell me where I have went wrong?

Thanks.
                        Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Originally posted by vxxozxxv View Post
                          I'm having some trouble with patching the kernel. I make it to step 2-7, then I get an error in the command prompt " 'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Can you tell me where I have went wrong?

Thanks.
                          I figured it out myself with some research. In Win 7 you have to precede the script with a > in the command prompt to get it to launch.

Thanks.
                          Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

disable connect to pc

hi, I'm using this rom but I have an issue that everytime I reboot the connect to pc option under settings- usb is re-enabled, causing my sdcard to be dismounted

at every boot I have to go into settings to turn this off
                            how can I permanently disable this ?

Comment

Originally posted by zetzzzz View Post
                              ENJOY YOUR BT919 STICK!!!

here is all my modified, patched and OC kernel:
                              from baidu --> http://pan.baidu.com/s/15WL16
                              or
                              from mediafire --> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1i0...20kernel%20mod
                              Hello, sorry if I am silly but the kernel mod in the link above has multiple img's. Do I need to use all or use one of them? If one, then which one? I have a very similar looking stick but is GM282 from geekbuying.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: never mind. Got it.
                              Last edited by ghanashyaml; 03-30-2014, 19:32.
                              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Part 1: Unboxing of the Bluetimes BT919 Quad Core…: http://youtu.be/cutPV7DIp1s watch my unboxing of the Bluetimes BT919 Android TV Stick. Full review coming soon. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X