This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** ROM ** Polaroid AS7 ** ROOTED + TWRP**

This ROM is the Google-Updated version of Android 4.2.2. This ROM *DOES* contain the Google services.

This ROM is for the Polaroid A/S7

Included:
    Android 4.2.2
    Google Play, Calender, Maps, etc...
    ADB enabled
    Pre-Rooted
    ChainFire SuperSU v0.96 included
    TWRP Recovery (with touch screen)
    Performance Tweaks

Use PhoenixSuite to flash the image. After the initial re-start finishes launch SuperSU so it can start controlling apps that use su. You can get to TWRP recovery by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode. Confirm the reboot and the device will restart in Recovery Mode.

ADB is enabled by default, however, developer options are not. To enable developer options go Settings > About tablet > Build number (tap on this section several times to start countdown). Developer Options will appear above About tablet section.

Image Download - Google-Updated-AS7-Rooted-TWRP Recovery
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Please give feedback.. I do not personally have this device.. It has been in testing on another members device for a couple of days..

Enjoy.

Hey guessyet. Thanks for the rom. You did a good job on the rom. The rom runs smoother than the original. A little more tweaks will do the job on getting the rom to run more better. As I mentioned, the recovery is a bit off, but I could manage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oskker View Post
      Hey guessyet. Thanks for the rom. You did a good job on the rom. The rom runs smoother than the original. A little more tweaks will do the job on getting the rom to run more better. As I mentioned, the recovery is a bit off, but I could manage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
      Thanks bro..

Comment

Thank you, guessyet!

What a relief! I flashed using Phoenix w/o a hitch and everything appears to be working very well. The only issue I have now is getting new Android drivers for WIN7x64. It recognizes the device, but doesn't want to handshake w/ Android. Oh well, if everything was handed to us on a silver platter, life wouldn't be as much fun.

Many thanks and happy returns for your efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFiZiX Gr4FiX View Post
          What a relief! I flashed using Phoenix w/o a hitch and everything appears to be working very well. The only issue I have now is getting new Android drivers for WIN7x64. It recognizes the device, but doesn't want to handshake w/ Android. Oh well, if everything was handed to us on a silver platter, life wouldn't be as much fun.

Many thanks and happy returns for your efforts.

What is the device showing up as in device manager? Also, what is showing in the 'hardware id' section of the driver?

Comment

S7 Firmware

Guessyet,

I was unable to download from MediaFire. Would you consider posting the file in the FreakTab download section:

Thank you.

Originally posted by guessyet;

Image Download - Google-Updated-AS7-Rooted-TWRP Recovery
            [URL
            http://www.mediafire.com/download/h5hi3e8jf5e7eqf/GU-AS7-SU-TWRP-Modded.zip[/URL]

Please give feedback.. I do not personally have this device.. It has been in testing on another members device for a couple of days..

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
              Guessyet,

I was unable to download from MediaFire. Would you consider posting the file in the FreakTab download section:

Thank you.
              absolutely bro,
              I will look into the freaktab downloads section..

Comment

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
                What is the device showing up as in device manager? Also, what is showing in the 'hardware id' section of the driver?
                Like an idiot, I forgot to enable MTP under the USB Connection options on the tablet. My bad. All is now good. Thanks again for your help, guessyet. +1 internets for you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFiZiX Gr4FiX View Post
                  Like an idiot, I forgot to enable MTP under the USB Connection options on the tablet. My bad. All is now good. Thanks again for your help, guessyet. +1 internets for you my friend.

Comment

Wow, this is some really good news! Many, many thanks! As soon as I have some free time I'm going to give this a try... it should be a snap compared to the nightmare of getting Win7 to recognize the device via USB :S

Comment

Hey guess, I'm trying to do a ROM dump myself (part of my learning process) but I can't really figure out which partition is the kernel partition. Also, is the databk partition the actual backup. I've got the misc, boot, recovery and system.img dumps but those two aren't exactly clear to me.

Maybe a little clarity please?

Comment

Hey Guess-I am loathe to build off other's work, but since you got the stock to unpack correctly, would you want me to attempt to make an Elektricity ROM version for the AS7, based on what you have? Not at all interested in stepping on toes, just offering to assist. Of course, someone would need to test since I don't have access to this tablet.
                        Originally posted by guessyet View Post
                        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I've backed up my device, it appears, with Helium... what would be the best order to do things so that at the end I have basically exactly what I have now only with root?

Comment

Stickied this thread.
                            https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by Deadphyre View Post
                              Hey guess, I'm trying to do a ROM dump myself (part of my learning process) but I can't really figure out which partition is the kernel partition. Also, is the databk partition the actual backup. I've got the misc, boot, recovery and system.img dumps but those two aren't exactly clear to me.

Maybe a little clarity please?

It depends on what you are trying to do.. The kernel is held on the boot partition along with the ramfs.. there is also a kernel and ramfs on the recovery partition.. The databk is a backup (of some sort) however, it is not a 1:1 backup.. the only partitions that really matter are the recovery, boot, and system... dont do anything with the misc partition as it could put your device into a boot loop.. the bootloader reads data from it (if it exists) to decide how to boot.

hope that helps..

Comment

Working...
                              X