No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another question about this ROM, or maybe android in general. When I first flashed the ROM, boot times were really fast. Now, after a month of use and several apps installed, the boot time is getting longer.

I tried uninstalling some games I downloaded for the kids that I never use, but it didn't seem to affect the boot time. Are there certain programs or widgets the increase the boot more than others?

I'm using Go Launcher with some of the Go Widgets. A keyboard app. Email and Gmail.

Without starting over, what can we do to limit what is being loaded at boot time?

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Here's another question about this ROM, or maybe android in general. When I first flashed the ROM, boot times were really fast. Now, after a month of use and several apps installed, the boot time is getting longer.

I tried uninstalling some games I downloaded for the kids that I never use, but it didn't seem to affect the boot time. Are there certain programs or widgets the increase the boot more than others?

I'm using Go Launcher with some of the Go Widgets. A keyboard app. Email and Gmail.

Without starting over, what can we do to limit what is being loaded at boot time?

If you download disk usage it will tell you exactly what is taking up space the most, these are usually the culprit. Also don't move programs to the sd card as this slows boot time down. But Android the more apps you have the longer boot time and it is not like you can disable programs easily like on Windows.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Also don't move programs to the sd card as this slows boot time down. But Android the more apps you have the longer boot time

ok i have it too with my arnova 10g2
        but with my android phone i don't have it .
        my phone startsup faster with more programmes than my tablet.
        and my phone is lighter than my tablet .
        800mhz processor.
        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

I removed Google currents which was the largest apk I had, now only angry birds left, and a bunch of smaller apps.

My reboot time is 3 minutes.

Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Try an app called "autostarts" from the market. Allows you to stop things running on boot.

Don't know if it'll help you but worth a look.

Blinky

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

According to Autostart, the only things loading during startup are calendar storage, contacts storage, and Google services. None of which can be disabled. There are a ton of things being loaded after startup, most of which can be disabled. After disabling all, boot still lasts 3:08.

I do have an active calendar schedule and quite a few contacts loaded, but not seemingly enough to cause such a wait to load.

Once loaded, and I have no complaints about functionality. I guess I'll be happy with that.

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Well, I it appears that the boot time directly reflects the number of apps you have installed. Regardless of which ones decide to load themselves in memory. Even though you have a whopping 1gb of space, you pay for it in a longer boot.

I discovered this by doing a factory reset. With nothing loaded but the default stuff, booting took only 45 seconds. After a few app installs (titanium, adownloader, x-plorer, opera mini) I rebooted and the time increased to about 55 seconds. I've added a few more essentials to bump the time to just over a minute.

I just thought I would share the experience. Now I'll be careful to only load the apps I'm really going to use.

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Yep..... More apps slower boot time. However if you use APP Injector and inject them as system apps it won't slow down near as much. Just edit the csv file in package.zip and add the APKs to package.zip.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by friendlybiker View Post
                    keep clearing cookies, etc., can't get to uour video or files.
                    Make sure you check the "remember me" button when you log in. Without this button checked, you can't access downloads or videos.

Comment

Thanks, that worked, Wana flash this tablet.

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                      Make sure you check the "remember me" button when you log in. Without this button checked, you can't access downloads or videos.
                      Thanks.

Comment

BT support.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
                        I would like to try the BT dongle drivers, please. I have 3 different dongles to try. hopefully at least one will work!

Comment

Problem

Anyone experienced this kind of problem:

I got my 10G2 and installed the latest software from Arnova. Then battery run out
                          and the device died. After several attempts I was able install Finnless Bob's 1.5 rom succesfully.
                          It worked perfectly for a moment. Then I powered off. Once again it died.
                          Now I'm able to get the device into loader mode, but I'm not able to finish flashing.
                          It either fails in device test or finally while trying to write IDB. "Download IDB failed, run failed".
                          What could be the reason for this behaviour? I've tried with several usb-cables, 3 different computers (WIN 7 64, Winxp 32), and the result is always the same. I've also tried to flash original firmware, but it also fails.
                          Is there anything to be done, or is my 10G2 just another brick on the wall?
                          Also why it says "rkandroid maskrom rock usb", my friend had "rkandroid rockloader usb" or something similar?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by paniikki67; 04-26-2012, 15:03. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Problem

double post, please remove.

Comment

Originally posted by paniikki67 View Post
                              Anyone experienced this kind of problem:

I got my 10G2 and installed the latest software from Arnova. Then battery run out
                              and the device died. After several attempts I was able install Finnless Bob's 1.5 rom succesfully.
                              It worked perfectly for a moment. Then I powered off. Once again it died.
                              Now I'm able to get the device into loader mode, but I'm not able to finish flashing.
                              It either fails in device test or finally while trying to write IDB. "Download IDB failed, run failed".
                              What could be the reason for this behaviour? I've tried with several usb-cables, 3 different computers (WIN 7 64, Winxp 32), and the result is always the same. I've also tried to flash original firmware, but it also fails.
                              Is there anything to be done, or is my 10G2 just another brick on the wall?
                              Also why it says "rkandroid maskrom rock usb", my friend had "rkandroid rockloader usb" or something similar?
                              Never seen it come up as that on the rk took screen mask Rom? What the heck is that. I noticed that the loader box is selected don't think it Will make difference but that does not need to be selected.

When you say your tablet keeps dying is your tablet charged up because believe it or not a common mistake and one done by myself is having the power lead plugged into the headphone socket, as daft as it sounds many people have done it.

If you are getting it into recovery fine and it is not flashing is sounds like a defective nand chip.

Some things to check are

Don't use USB 3 port
                              Don't flash through a USB hub
                              Run rk tool as administrator
                              64 bit windows is hit and miss
                              Disabling hi speed USB in bios can sometimes help.
                              Defective cable

You seem to have ruled out some of this. Is the tool you are using from in the firmware folder when you downloaded it?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

If I untick loader, it says "Maskrom device must choose loader before upgrading".
                                I've tried with the tool which is supplied with this Rom and also the Rockchip flash tool. No luck.
                                My friend bought 10g2 at the same time and succesfully flashed 1.5 rom and has had no problems. Used the same computer and cables with both devices, this one just seems to be a bit tricky.
                                Maybe the nand is corrupted somehow. The only bad thing is, that this was bought from Uk and I live
                                in Finland. So returning it for warranty is a bit hard, since finnish post won't accept tablets to be air mailed.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X