No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are interested in learning how to make your own ROM's, or to at least make some changes there are some very good threads:

And a really good kitchen app by 900Supersport that is very useful:

And a very useful Windows tool you can use to make some changes to factory firmware:

These are a compilation of the best resources available to RK ROM development.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks, I will check them out. I wish my damn PC would just pick up the tablet. Such a pain in the butt for root.

Comment

Is there a way to manually root with Linux/Ubuntu? Cause that is what I run for an os.

Comment

There is a Linux flash tool you can use. The rest of the process is done in Linux. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ge-under-Linux
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks! Just use that with your files?

Comment

You can try flashing my ROM using this flash tool. There are other tools available.

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

GeoHot's new root app (Towelroot) may work, and it does not need a PC

It worked on my 2013 Nexus 7, took about 3 seconds.

Comment

Towelroot was one of the first things I tried. It was unsuccessful.

Comment

thank you sir! had some initial issues getting the pc to recognize the tablet, but got it figured out and I was able to flash the rom. Any idea how to get cwm or twrp on here?

Comment

I am jealous. I cant get my pc to see it in the flash tool at all! I am destined to have an unrooted tablet: (

Comment

Check your USB connection. That's usually the problem.

1. Rockchip drivers don't play well with Windows 8.1. Try W7 or XP if you have an older PC laying around.

2. Use the USB cable that came with the tablet.

3. Use a USB 2.0 port not 3.0.

4. Make sure the Rockchip USB drivers are installed correctly.

5. If not, follow the steps in the First Time User's Guide.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

OK, I did it! Once rebooted though it says I have a system update....do I do it or leave it alone

Comment

If you have not flashed my ROM yet, you can do the update and see if you can dump the updated firmware and post a zip file with parameter, boot.img, system.img, and recovery.img.

It will not be until late next week before I can do anything with it. I'm on vacation.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I am currently building cwm for it. I will know tomorrow afternoon if it works or not.

Comment

I'm back from vacation, so if you need a new ROM from the latest ota update, please send me a ROM dump.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X