Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lava Xtron+ RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

This custom ROM is based on a ROM dump from Freaktab user prateek29chandra

who also provided extensive testing during the development stage of the ROM. Thanks for you hard work, buddy!!!!!!

This ROM is:
    Rooted
    Init.d support
    512mb, or 2,4,5 or 6gb user app space
    Google Play Store fixes
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Boot graphics by Tattman65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    First Time User Guide by Pr0xZen

Here is the link to the ROM download:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Ok i have this rom working in my device.. All the files needed + drivers included in the zip file. So no need to go anywhere.. Have some doubts.. We are here to help. And please thank randy sir for his amazing work on this rom

Comment

Originally posted by prateek29chandra View Post
      Ok i have this rom working in my device.. All the files needed + drivers included in the zip file. So no need to go anywhere.. Have some doubts.. We are here to help. And please thank randy sir for his amazing work on this rom
      Will this work on Lava E-Xtron ??

Comment

This ROM is ONLY for the Xtron+
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

ROM Works on X-Tron!!

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          This ROM is ONLY for the Xtron+
          The X-tron and the X-tron + just differ only in three things: HDMI out, a 3700mAh battery compared to the 3000mAh, and a front camera...Otherwise the hardware specs are exactly the same.....X-tron comes with JB 4.1.1 and the Lava company is totally arrogant and they do not even care for customer queries. They do not provide any ROM images on their website and hence there has been no 4.2.2 update for X-tron. 4.1.1 has horrible battery and wifi. So I gathered courage and flashed your ROM after taking a CWM backup.. And presto! It booted!!! And man its blazing fast!!! 4.1.1 is miles behind in smoothness and speed. I have only two issues. The sound and wifi do not work Wifi tuned on becomes off... Can you do something for this a fix maybe? Hence I have reflashed the 4.1.1 back. I can send you wifi and sound related files if you can tell me which ones to take out...If these two can be rectified, then we have a fully working 4.2.2 for the X-Tron too!!!! Can someone help????

Comment

The problem is that the kernel is set up for the internal components for a specific tablet. You need to use the original kernel in order to get wifi to work, but I don't think 4.1.1 kernels are compatible with 4.2.2 ROMs.

While I really would like to help, that is a troubleshooting nightmare to get working right...and I don't have an xtron tablet to test with.

Your best bet is to look for a factory firmware release, or provide me with a ROM dump.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

The problem is that the kernel is set up for the internal components for a specific tablet. You need to use the original kernel in order to get wifi to work, but I don't think 4.1.1 kernels are compatible with 4.2.2 ROMs.

While I really would like to help, that is a troubleshooting nightmare to get working right...and I don't have an xtron tablet to test with.

Your best bet is to look for a factory firmware release, or provide me with a ROM dump.
              Thank you so much I have the system.img, boot.img & kernel.img files from my factory ROM. Are they enough to try??

Comment

You can start by flashing my ROM with your kernel. If its going to work at all, it will be that combination.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

You can start by flashing my ROM with your kernel. If its going to work at all, it will be that combination.

Randy
                  Sure....Let me try...

Comment

Originally posted by pradipsoman View Post
                    Sure....Let me try...
                    I tried flashing the 4.1.1 kernel with your ROM. It boots up but the screen is totally garbled and green coloured..... Not usable

Comment

That's what I figured. Everything has to be just right to interchange ROMs. In this case the screen drivers are different. I'm afraid that porting this ROM is a no go.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by pradipsoman View Post
                        The X-tron and the X-tron + just differ only in three things: HDMI out, a 3700mAh battery compared to the 3000mAh, and a front camera...Otherwise the hardware specs are exactly the same.....X-tron comes with JB 4.1.1 and the Lava company is totally arrogant and they do not even care for customer queries. They do not provide any ROM images on their website and hence there has been no 4.2.2 update for X-tron. 4.1.1 has horrible battery and wifi. So I gathered courage and flashed your ROM after taking a CWM backup.. And presto! It booted!!! And man its blazing fast!!! 4.1.1 is miles behind in smoothness and speed. I have only two issues. The sound and wifi do not work Wifi tuned on becomes off... Can you do something for this a fix maybe? Hence I have reflashed the 4.1.1 back. I can send you wifi and sound related files if you can tell me which ones to take out...If these two can be rectified, then we have a fully working 4.2.2 for the X-Tron too!!!! Can someone help????
                        Try replacing modules from the stock to the 4.2.2. In system/lib/modules, do the ones related to wifi, and one at a time.
                        It might work
                        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                          Try replacing modules from the stock to the 4.2.2. In system/lib/modules, do the ones related to wifi, and one at a time.
                          It might work
                          Thought of it...will try

Comment

You also have the screen issues to deal with. Maybe you should concentrate on that first. There might be a .ko for that.

It is odd that the 4.1.1 booted fine, but the 4.2.2 didn't. Did you use your stock kernel or did you use the one in my ROM?

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

You also have the screen issues to deal with. Maybe you should concentrate on that first. There might be a .ko for that.

It is odd that the 4.1.1 booted fine, but the 4.2.2 didn't. Did you use your stock kernel or did you use the one in my ROM?

Randy
                              Well, I think there is a mix up here. Your original 4.2.2 ROM for X-Tron+ boots up great. There is NO display issue, and ONLY the sound and wifi don't work. When I use the kernel from 4.1.1 along with your ROM there is the display issue. I have not done the reverse (i.e 4.2.2 kernal with 4.1.1 stock ROM). As your 4.2.2 ROM boots up fine, would not it be better if we try to address only the wifi, sound issues by replacing the modules taken from the stock ROM?? Any advice would be great...

Comment

Working...
                              X