Lava Xtron+ RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lava Xtron+ RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

I wasn't sure what combination you were using...didn't know you got the screen working.

Maybe you will find a solution with those wifi modules. Good luck!!!

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I wasn't sure what combination you were using...didn't know you got the screen working.

Maybe you will find a solution with those wifi modules. Good luck!!!

Randy
      Sure....will get back here soon with results

Comment

need rom for lava xtron jb 7 tablet

Originally posted by pradipsoman View Post
        Sure....will get back here soon with results
        hii i have lava xtron tab my tab is stuck in lava logo image it cant boot to any options can u advice wat should i do to get my tab working again...........thanx for this site

Comment

Re: Lava Xtron+ RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Are you on my ROM....or is the tablet still stock?

Sent from my M8 pro
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

my tab is still stuck

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Are you on my ROM....or is the tablet still stock?

Sent from my M8 pro
            my tab is still stuck i didnt use ur rom yet

Comment

It would be great if I could get a ROM dump for the non+ version, so I could build you a new ROM.

How about starting a new thread on this tablet and lets leave traffic on the Xtron + here? Can one of you guys start one? I'm starting to get these two tablets confused.

Sent from my M8 pro
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I realize we are trying to two different things...but getting a semi bricked tablet going again takes priority...in my mind.

Sent from my M8 pro
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I started a new thread

Sent from my M8 pro
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by kyusuf85 View Post
                    my tab is still stuck i didnt use ur rossue...m yet
                    Tried the wifi modules...Did not work Also there is another major issue with your ROM. The battery does not charge So I am dropping the trials until someone comes up with a solution that has come out of actual experience.
                    Regarding the Xtron stuck at boot issue for kyusuf85, do you have a CWM back up?? I always fall on four feet finally due to my stock CWM backup....

Comment

The new thread discussion of the Xtron (non-plus) tablet is here:

If you have this non-plus tablet and need a ROM for it...check there for that traffic.

For the sake of simplicity, let's leave comments in this thread for owners of the Xtron+.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Drives not working

Hi,

On my Xtron+ I tried installing the drivers as mentioned in the pdf file and the txt file on 2 separate laptops Windows7 x86 /Vista x86. But the drivers don't work. Windows just does not install the included drivers.

I also tried installing Moborobo drivers(which windows accepts) but I just see "No found RkAndroid usb" in the tool.

Any pointers about any other drivers i can try?
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by prateek29chandra View Post
                        Ok i have this rom working in my device.. All the files needed + drivers included in the zip file. So no need to go anywhere.. Have some doubts.. We are here to help. And please thank randy sir for his amazing work on this rom

Comment

After a lot of researching and troubleshooting i was able to Root my Xtron+!

For the beneit of others i will list down the steps I performed:

1. Connect the tablet using USB and Install the Moborobo drivers
                          2. Run "adb devices" command from windows command line, you should see a device.
                          3. Run "adb reboot bootloader". This will reboot the device to the flash mode. My device did not display anything, this is ok
                          4. Now in the drivers provided in the bundle Lava_Xtron+_RileyROM_1.0 edit your OS specific rockusb.inf file so that the following is the new value under [Rockchip.NTx86] and [Rockchip.NTamd64]:

%RKNANO_DeviceDesc% = Rockusb_DDI, USB\VID_2207&PID_300A

5. Update the drivers manually by pointing to the drivers folder you edited in step above
                          6. launch the Rom Flash tool.exe
                          7. Now no need to Reboot to flash mode(device is already in flash mode)
                          8. Click Erase Nand (IDB)
                          9. Click Flash ROM
                          10. Enjoy your rooted Xtron+ !

Thanks Randy Riley for the rooted ROM!

Originally posted by spacecharge View Post
                          Hi,

On my Xtron+ I tried installing the drivers as mentioned in the pdf file and the txt file on 2 separate laptops Windows7 x86 /Vista x86. But the drivers don't work. Windows just does not install the included drivers.

I also tried installing Moborobo drivers(which windows accepts) but I just see "No found RkAndroid usb" in the tool.

Any pointers about any other drivers i can try?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Update on the ROM usage

I am using this for 3 days and I just wanted to update others that there are 2 issues I am facing right now.

1. Youtube / Dailymotion apps video does't work. I am able to view these videos in browser though.

2. Battery drains much faster now. I was able to control this to some extent by using battery saving apps and using a CPU governor app to limit the CPU frequency.

On the plus side I have much more available storage for apps also the table used to lag/ freeze momentarily, earlier during high RAM usage, this does not happen now.

Is this happening with others too?
                            Can someone please help me in solving these.

Comment

Youtube video playback problem

Originally posted by spacecharge View Post
                              I am using this for 3 days and I just wanted to update others that there are 2 issues I am facing right now.

1. Youtube / Dailymotion apps video does't work. I am able to view these videos in browser though.

2. Battery drains much faster now. I was able to control this to some extent by using battery saving apps and using a CPU governor app to limit the CPU frequency.

On the plus side I have much more available storage for apps also the table used to lag/ freeze momentarily, earlier during high RAM usage, this does not happen now.

Is this happening with others too?
                              Can someone please help me in solving these.
                              I am also facing the same problem.....about video playback of YouTube and dailymotion

please someone solve it........
                              or
                              please tell me how to get back stock rom.

Comment

CWM recovery or Rooting Method

Can somebody post the cwm recovery or the rooting method for Xtron + so that a back up can be performed before flashing the same.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X