Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for dump the files out, i really need that,

Comment

Man I have had this tablet since last year and I was so disgusted with it I probably only used it 5 times because of the random crashing. I came across this thread yesterday and thought what the hell its worthless as is anyway. I just finished loading 1.5a an hour ago and everything is working flawless, no camera crashes, no YouTube hangups, no power button or volume issues, it seems perfect.

I might try the JellyBean version next but for now this thing is running top notch as is.

Thanks Bob for building the package, and James, and all others who took the time to write the TuTs.

Comment

My NEXT9P will not go into recovery mode.

Ok so I am completely new at this so like a newb I'm am requesting patience. I have read all the steps I should follow to root the NEXT9P running Gingerbread and I see that in order for one to install the Rockchip drivers I have to do this from the recovery screen but I cant get to that screen and it has has me pretty annoyed since this should be the EASY part of the whole process. I tried powering up while holding the VOL+ and PWR buttons and releasing the power button at different times throughout the boot process and I get nothing. The tablet still boots normally. I've also tried the VOL- button and PWR, I even tried VOL+ VOL- and PWR while booting still with no luck. All my phones for the last 5 years or so have been Andriod and all of them go into recovery mode using VOL- and PWR. I checked to make sure that both VOL buttons work when the tablet is on and they do. Any suggestions?

By the way I see now that I can just use the RKP2 drivers provided with the package but I still would like to know why my tablet won't hard reset using the above method. Any feed back would be appreciated.
        Last edited by neva4self; 11-21-2013, 21:13.

Comment

Thank you Finless!!

Another successful install.

Comment

My nextbook 9 has calibration issues. I'm hoping it's just the software and the digitizer.

None of these roms have a calibration tool that I was hoping for =(

Anyway to calibrate this machine?

Comment

thank you everyone

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              wukash, thanks for testing. I did not know you had a search hard button and I had left out "quick Search box" as part of debloat. Looks like you need that. So I am making 1.5A which will now list that in the APP Injector package under stock applications. You will need to make sure you inject that back in.

Also regarding "apps not compatible". I have tweaked the build.prop file to try and fix that in 1.5A ROM.
              However if it still has an issue please understand this. Your device was not Google Certified to begin with. Thus your build.prop file tells google what your device is and in doing so may also cause you to get apps that show as incompatible. I am hoping my little tweaks I made help this. If not then your going to have to help more so we do not have to keep flashing ROMs to tweak build.prop. That is your going to need a root file explorer and try different build.prop files to see what it does.

Try this ROM first and let me know what happens. YOU MUST erase IDB again and flash the entire thing.

FYI get Titanium Backup APP from Gplay to backup your APPs if you dont want to install them all over again. ES FIle explorer also will backup your apps and it allows root file access and ability to edit build.prop.

If it still has app not compatible issues then I will send you some more build.prop files and tell you how to replace them and clear the cache so you do not have to reflash all the time.

Here is ROM 1.5A with Serach Box in App Injector and a tweaked build.prop.

ROM ->Nextbook 9P full root and debloat - Finless Version 1.5a ROM (185 megs)

Bob
              this worked for me as scaredit would brick my device but it seems to be running smooth
              let uguys know if theres any probems and thanks every one for this maybe I will like my tab now

Comment

can u help

thank u guys again ...so I noticed this is now droid 2.3. something any way to get it back to 4.0
                issue .m main search button aint working
                on home screens bottom theres 4buttons ....settings-apps-(it looks like a book with a captal E o it )) help bubble ...well the book looking thing says the applicaton launcher (process com.android.launcher2)has stoped........and the setting button at top right wont work
                question,,,can iremove the gps and volume button in the status bar I don't have gps and I have hard vol button

off subject here but im havin a real hard time typin here I have to push a lot of my letters 2-3-even 4 times

Comment

Originally posted by krazyklown View Post
                  this worked for me as scaredit would brick my device but it seems to be running smooth
                  let uguys know if theres any probems and thanks every one for this maybe I will like my tab now

attached file
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCozzby View Post
                    I think this might help

Here are my revised steps for everything and make sure to start from installing android sdk tools because they are necessary:

Here are the steps used to install the adb driver, root the tablet, and install google play.
                    Also, i have confirmed this working on two of my Nextbook 9 tablets.

As a note: if you already have facebook, facebook messenger, or youtube installed (and possibly other apps as well) before you follow these steps, once you have google play installed, they will force close and will not work. All you have to do is uninstall them, and reinstall them through Google Play and they will work. Simple as that.

Installing SDK tools

1. First of all you would need download the adb tools, necessary to perform most work on android, if you do not already have them. You can download them from this link if you are using a windows computer:
                    http://dl.google.com/android/install....3-windows.exe
                    2. Then when you are done downloading this file, go to this site for the instructions on how to install it:
                    http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

Now Check your .android folder!
                    1. Once you have completely installed android sdk tools, search your computer for a folder called ".android" without quotes.
                    2. Once you find the folder, open it and then open the file named adb_usb.ini and check to see if there is a line that says "0x2207" with out quotes. If it does not have this line, just add "0x2207" (without quotes) and save.
                    3. If you do not have the adb_usb.ini file, right click in the .android file and go to new, then text document. Rename the file as adb_usb.ini, then open it and type "0x2207" (without quotes) and save.
                    4. Now move on to installing the adb driver.

Installing the adb driver for the Nextbook 9:
                    Vista and Win7
                    1. You can do this by plugging your Nextbook 9 into your computer using the cable that came with it.
                    2. Then on the nextbook 9, you want to make sure USB Debugging is enabled. You can do this by going to settings on the nextbook 9, then to development. Then make sure there is a check mark next to USB Debugging. (Windows might complain that it was un able to install the driver software. If so, you can close the windows that popup)
                    3. Next, on your computer download the file named "Nextbook 9 driver.zip" that can be found here:
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?naz9jarl3u09aus
                    4. Once the download is completed, go to your downloads folder, and unzip the folder named "Nextbook 9 drivers"
                    5. Next, go to start, then type device manager.
                    6. Then click on device manger once it shows up.
                    7.0 Then it can be one of two options, once device manager loads:
                    7.1 If there is a device listed with an yellow triangle, right click on it and then go to properties, then go to details, and in the drop down menu select hardware Ids, and check to see if it lists "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&REV_0222&MI_01" and "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&&MI_01", if not, check to see if there is another device with a yellow tringle, and check it. If none of these match then go to step
                    7.2 If you do not find your device listed with a yellow trianlge, then it has been installed as a Universial serial bus controller. Click on "Universal Serial Bus Controller" to open the devices installed in that category, and scroll to "USB Composite Devices" If there is more than one, then you have to right click on each one and go to properties, then go to details, then in drop down menu, select Hardware Ids, and find the one that lists "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&REV_0222&MI_01" and "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&&MI_01" as its hardware id.
                    8. Now, once you have found your device in the device manager, you want to right click on it, and choose to "update driver software" then choose "browse my computer for driver software"
                    9. Then click on the browse button and navigate to where you unzipped the folder called "Nextbook 9 driver" (probably in your downloads folder if you did not change it), and select the unzipped folder called "Nextbook 9 driver" then press ok.
                    10. Now press next, and the driver software should install. Windows will warn you that it cannot verify the publisher of this software. Choose to "Install anyway" (I only updated the setup information, i did not create the software. I obtained this software from a post by domrad through this this website. i downloaded the software from this link:
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...sing-ADB-guide )
                    11. If it finishes with no errors, move on to rooting.
                    12. If it does not install, start from step 1 again.

Win XP
                    1. You can do this by plugging your Nextbook 9 into your computer using the cable that came with it.
                    2. Then on the nextbook 9, you want to make sure you USB Debugging enabled. You can do this by going to settings on the nextbook 9, then to development. Then make sure there is a check mark next to USB Debugging. (Windows might complain that it was un able to install the driver software. If so, you can close the windows that popup)
                    3. Next you want to download the file named "Nextbook 9 driver.zip" that can be found here:
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?naz9jarl3u09aus
                    4. Once the download has completed, go to your downloads folder, and unzip the folder named "Nextbook 9 drivers" (Make sure the tablet is still plugged into the computer, or plug it in now)
                    5. Now, press start and go to control panel. Then open "Add Hardware"
                    Now press next and it will search for software. Now there are two possibilities
                    7.1 If it finds it at this point, good. Just choose to "Install from a list or specific Location (Advanced)" and press next. Then press browse, and go to the unzipped "Nextbook 9 Driver" folder and press ok.
                    OR (you can skip to step 8 if your device has installed)
                    7.2 If it does not find it automatically, it will ask you "Have you already connected the hardware to your computer?" select "Yes, i have already connected the hardware" and press next.
                    7.2.1 It will then bring up a list, and you need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of it and select "Add new hardware device" then press next.
                    7.2.2 It will then ask you "What do you want the wizard to do?" select "Install the hardware that i manually select from a list (Advanced)" then press next.
                    7.2.3 Now select "Show All Devices" and press next.
                    7.2.4Now it will bring up options to choose "Manufacturer" and "Model" ignore these and press "Have Disk"
                    7.2.5Now press "browse" and go to the unzipped "Nextbook 9 Driver" folder, double click it and select a file named "android_winusb.inf" then press "open"
                    7.2.6Now press "OK" Then press next, then press next again.
                    7.2.7 It will now install the driver. When it finishes it will say "The following hardware was installed: %ADB_INTERFACE% and it will also say "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. The device cannot start. (Code 10)" This is just fine do not worry.
                    7.2.8 Now press finish.
                    7.2.9 Now i want you to open device manager. (You can do this by pressing start, right clicking on my computer and going to properties, then go to hardware and click device manager)
                    7.2.10 Once device manger is open, you will see a category called "android phone" with "%ADB_INTERFACE%" listed under it with a yellow circle and an exclamation point. Right click on "%ADB_INTERFACE%" and select "scan for hardware changes" Your device should now install.
                    7.2.11If not try restarting your computer and then open device manager and see if there is still a yellow circle next to "%ADB_INTERFACE%"
                    8. Now in Device Manger, open the category named "Android Phones" then right click on "%ADB_INTERFACE%" and then go to properties, then go to details, and in the drop down menu select hardware Ids, and check to see if it lists "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&REV_0222&MI_01" and "USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&&MI_01" if so, your ADB Driver is now installed.

Now you need to root your Nextbook 9:

1. In order to root this tablet, you need to download a one step tool called "Bin4ry" yo your computer, use this link to do so:
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?b9ac9q1m27827se
                    2. Once you have finished downloading, go to your downloads folder and unzip the folder named "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15".
                    3. Make sure your nextbook 9 is still plugged into the computer (or plug it in now), and go to the settings on the nextbook 9, then go to storage, and in the upper right corner click the menu button, then click USB Computer Connection.
                    4. Now on your computer, open the unzipped "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15" folder, and double click the file called RunMe
                    5. It will open a new window (a type of command prompt)
                    6. Now type 1 and press enter.
                    7. Now follow the instructions it will give you (such as "unlock device and press restore" or something like that, it does not get difficult, and should only take 2-5 minutes to complete. And as a warning, when it tells you to press restore on your device, all it is doing is resetting some of your settings, for example your wallpaper. It does not reset anything such as saved accounts, wifi setting, sound settings, etc. and it does not remove any applications. Also, it will reboot your device atleast twice, so do not try to do it yourself when it says "rebooting device", just wait and it will complete).
                    8. When the program is done and your nextbook 9 is fully rebooted, you can close the bin4ry window.

Installing Google Play:
                    1. On your Nextbook 9, open your browser, and go to:
                    http://download.estrongs.com/app-es-file-explorer.html
                    2. If it asks you to save then save it. Once the download is complete, install it. This will install ES file explorer. When done installing, press done.
                    3. Now on your computer, download the file named "Play For Nextbook 9.zip" that can be found here:
                    http://www.mediafire.com/?at464o0s985ucp4
                    4. Once it is done downloading, go to your downloads folder, and Unzip the folder "Play For Nextbook 9" and open the unzipped folder (keep this window open)
                    5. Now make sure your Nextbook 9 is still plugged into your computer (if not, then plug it in now), and turn on USB storage.
                    6. Now on your computer, open my computer and navigate to your nextbooks internal storage. Make a new folder, and leave the name as "new folder", or what ever you like. Open it.
                    7. Now copy everything from the unzipped "Play For Nextbook 9" folder to the "new folder" folder on your nextbook.
                    8. Now eject your nextbook from your computer. Then turn off usb storage on the nextbook.
                    9. FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS CAREFULLY. Now open ES file explorer on your nextbook 9.
                    10. Press the menu button (or option button as some might call it), and go to settings. Then scroll down to root settings. Put a check mark next to "Root Explorer" and a window will pop up asking to deny or grant. CHOOSE GRANT. Then put a check mark next to "up to root" and "mount file system"
                    11. Now press the back button twice.
                    12. Open the folder named "sdcard" then find the "new folder" folder or what ever you had named it and open it (if you can't find it there, press the back button once, and go to the folder named "external_sd" and look there).
                    13. Now at the top off the screen there is a options bar, with options such as "favorite" "select" "search" etc. Press the "select" option.
                    14. Now tap each of the files in the "new folder" folder once, so that each one's font has turned green.
                    15. Now on the options bar press "copy"
                    16. Now press the back button three times.
                    17. Now open the folder called "system" then open the folder called "app"
                    18. Now on the options bar press "paste"
                    19. Once it has finished (should take about 10 seconds) press the home button and restart your nextbook 9. When it loads YOU WILL HAVE GOOGLE PLAY. (may take a minute for it to show up)
                    20. Open google play and setup your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still cant get it to work you can try the jellybean rom, but there are several little bugs with it, read post #29 to see the ones i mention:

James
                    followed your instruction all the way to the end of the root, nowi just have blank screen when its on, help, thank you.
                    Nextbook premium 9

Comment

my Nextbook Premium 9 is bricked, i put a paperclip in the reset hole, then i turn it on, it shows the quick splash screen then goes to a blank screen, its on but nothing is there, i need help please when possible, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                      X