No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the freeze after a series of screen rotations? I'm starting to investigate the same problem with most of these later Pipo firmware releases.

Sent from my 709_v92_jbla858 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by grfxguy View Post
      Tab is non-3G. Next time this happens, I will try giving it more time after one button push.
      Any improvement?
      Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

The tablet turns itself off

Hi Riley, thanks for all.

In my case, the freeze does not appear to be related to the rotation, but I will do tests to see if the rotation causes the shutdown. Always happens, as I said, the image on screen is double, with a red image and the other looks blue (horizontally separated about three millimeters).

As you say, it seems that you know of a case like this, is it?. Do you think it can be a soft problem or a hard problem?.

Thanks Riley

Comment

I've experienced this same problem (my daughter has) on my M8 Pro. I've since given it to her...before I even posted this KitKat ROM...and she's refused to let me have it back to flash it...hahahaha!!!!!!

So, the same thing you are describing is also happening on the JB firmware, too. She reports having to press the reset button about once a week. She basically uses the tablet to watch Netflix, but plays games on it sometimes.

I have heard that people are narrowing down the lockups on the M9 Pro and the M7 Pro to the screen rotation. Since the M8 Pro KK firmware appeared at basically the same time as the others, I was speculating that this problem may be attached to that same problem. However it doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm thinking, since it's happening on both KK and JB firmware, that it's a hardware problem. My M8 Pro is over a year old and it just started doing this.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

At first, when it was frozen, the image became double. Now, sometimes is double and sometime vertical lines appear.

I found on youtube a video of M9 having exactly the same problem I have. These lines are those that appear to me now, and once appear, it takes exactly the same in off.

Cada vez que estoy jugando, (depende del juego algunos no pasa) durante un rato me salen esas rayitas y se apaga la tablet. Sigueme en: Twitter: @alv_betis_m...

I have put a message on the video to see if it resolved anything, but I have not response.

Comment

Still a great rom....

But in comparism to the pipo m9 pro without 3g......the battery is horrible.

Is there still no way to disable 3g? In order to get deepsleep for our tablet?

I would better have bought the wifi version only.

Comment

activate flight mode and after that enable wifi. Maybe it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by haube View Post
                  activate flight mode and after that enable wifi. Maybe it helps.
                  Not realy. I do it allways. Thx

Comment

Battery

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
                    Still a great rom....

But in comparism to the pipo m9 pro without 3g......the battery is horrible.

Is there still no way to disable 3g? In order to get deepsleep for our tablet?

I would better have bought the wifi version only.

What does it mean "..the battery is horrible" - how many hours? you may disable 3G under settings - more - mobile network settings - data enabled!

Comment

Originally posted by oibo View Post
                      What does it mean "..the battery is horrible" - how many hours? you may disable 3G under settings - more - mobile network settings - data enabled!
                      Horrible are 12h-15hours...standby....not using!

The m9pro has 3days standby!!

Comment

Standby???

Horrible are 12h-15hours...standby....not using!

The m9pro has 3days standby!!
                        I get a mixed use-time (idle, gaming, emails, sports-news, videos etc.) of about 18 hours.
                        Who cares about standby? When I don't use the tab I turn it off! Easy to load it during nighttime. With the Riley-Rom the tab runs smooth, quick and reliable. This is the only thing that matters.
                        Last edited by oibo; 08-10-2014, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by oibo View Post
                          This is the only thing that matters.

That´s right!

Comment

That´s right!
                            Agree completely! My only complaint is everyone's complaint about deep-sleep (Pipo issue, not Riley's); if I don't use my tablet for more than a day, I may have to put a pin in the reset hole. Otherwise, all is good since I use it almost every day. So smooth and fast! It makes using this tablet a joy again!
                            Tablet History:
                            Pipo M8 Pro (current)
                            NextBook W8.1 (sold)
                            Asus TF300 (sold)
                            Hyundai A7 (sold)
                            Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Tybalt39 View Post
                              Agree completely! My only complaint is everyone's complaint about deep-sleep (Pipo issue, not Riley's); if I don't use my tablet for more than a day, I may have to put a pin in the reset hole. Otherwise, all is good since I use it almost every day. So smooth and fast! It makes using this tablet a joy again!
                              Yes deepsleep....

Thats why I bought a NON 3g pipo...that have 4days standby....

Comment

Standby

Yes deepsleep....

Thats why I bought a NON 3g pipo...that have 4days standby....
                                I still don't understand the standby/deep sleep discussion! When I don't use the tab (2-3 hours) I turn it off. I have the 3G version but I never had the deepsleep issue!

Comment

Working...
                                X