No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can check the early posts on the M9 Max thread to see how that developed.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

vonino primus qs

can someone tell me if:
      vonino primus qs here http://www.vonino.ro/primus_qs is compatible with m8 pipo pro without 3G? ??
      I saw others who have asked this tablet, but nobody said if the flash this rom from m8 pipo pro
      now has android 4.2.2, but I want kitkat for performance

expect an answer from anyone [email protected]

thank you,expect any advice

Comment

It appears that some later versions of the M8 Pro are compatible with this KK ROM. Early versions aren't. While I made this ROM I've never been able to flash it on mine without bricking.

My tablet only has 1 NAND chip...while the newer versions had 2...so that may be the difference. We figured out that this was the case on early M9 Max tablets...preventing them from flashing the KK bootloader.

So, just let me say...flash at your own risk. Maybe go ahead and remove the back cover and look at the NAND chip(s). If there are 2 of them, you should be OK.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I need a favor from an M8 Pro user who is able to run this KitKat ROM. Not all of the M8 Pro's are able to run it, because of the earlier versions having compatibility issues (explained in the above post).

From the KitKat version, we need a dmesg log to view the components in an attempt to make a whole ROM from scratch using the SDK provided to us by Pipo and Rockchip.

This needs to be done as soon after boot as possible.

From a terminal app run the following commands:

su (confirm the Superuser prompt)
          dmesg >/sdcard/m8pro_kk_dmesg.txt

Browse to your root folder of your sd card (internal) and share us the m8pro_kk_dmesg.txt file that was produced. The best way to do it is to upload to Google Drive and share to "anyone with the link" and copy and paste the privided link in this thread...or PM it to me.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I need a favor from an M8 Pro user who is able to run this KitKat ROM. Not all of the M8 Pro's are able to run it, because of the earlier versions having compatibility issues (explained in the above post).

From the KitKat version, we need a dmesg log to view the components in an attempt to make a whole ROM from scratch using the SDK provided to us by Pipo and Rockchip.

This needs to be done as soon after boot as possible.

From a terminal app run the following commands:

su (confirm the Superuser prompt)
            dmesg >/sdcard/m8pro_kk_dmesg.txt

Browse to your root folder of your sd card (internal) and share us the m8pro_kk_dmesg.txt file that was produced. The best way to do it is to upload to Google Drive and share to "anyone with the link" and copy and paste the privided link in this thread...or PM it to me.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
            So if I have this already loaded ...
            RilyRom 2.2.4.4.2 KOT49H eng root 20140225.141712 test keys
            ...can I be of help?
            Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Yes, that's the ROM I need the dmesg log for. Just follow the above instructions. You can PM me the link...and cc d33...he's the one who needs it.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                Yes, that's the ROM I need the dmesg log for. Just follow the above instructions. You can PM me the link...and cc d33...he's the one who needs it.
                Sent via pm to you and d33.
                Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I ran dmesg, then saw bamapanda has already sent his output. So I thought I'd send it any way.

PM sent.

Comment

Thanks...I believe we are good now.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

vonino primus qs compatible with pipo M8 pro

happy new year , 2015 !
                      for those who tablet vonino primus qs here http://www.vonino.ro/primus_qs is compatible with Pipo M8 pro without 3G
                      I flash rom android next 4.4.4_gen2_2.15_01.11.2014.img
                      go flawlessly, then I installed launcher pipo, Xposed, greenify and control performance
                      after several optimizations we obtained in AnTuTu benchmark over 25,000 points, although vonino has only 1 g RAM (shows me that would 2g ram)
                      I have not found any bugs, no resets, go games, movies online and about 5-6 hours battery you use depends on
                      the only problem I noticed is pretty weak wifi signal, can anyone suggest me a patch to improve this
                      I hope that does not bother anyone with my post, but I have seen other users vonino Searching tablet versions rom this forum
                      I thank you for these ROMs and will continue to follow
                      excuse my poor English
                      Last edited by calyn; 01-04-2015, 08:14.

Comment

Happy new year

Hello,
                        I flash my tablet with the ROM 2.2.0
                        Everything went fine.
                        My tablet's version is
                        M8PRON13070879

Yesterday i tried to flash with the 2.2.1
                        I erase IDB and continue with the flash process.
                        During the process my brother remove the wire
                        Now.... Nothing.
                        The tablet doesn't respond, and pc don't see it at all.
                        I've try the sequence "Press ESC..reset...Power, release Reset..ESC...
                        still nothing
                        any suggestion?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT:
                        I put to the charger and the tablet turn on.(with a icon that shows there is a problem)
                        i connect it with the pc while it's still on and i use the same sequence (esc,reset.Power), and now works fine.
                        Continue with the flash and finish it with no problems.
                        Thank you for your great work!!!
                        Last edited by Register24; 01-09-2015, 17:32. Reason: Find solution

Comment

Do we have a working kit Kat for early one NAND versions

Any progress on a one NAND kit kat

i can lend some time to help I have 2 one Nan models

chris

Comment

The good news is that we do have developers working on KK for the M9 Max with 1 NAND chip...but results are very slow to materialize.

If, through their testing, we find the secret to getting KK to work...maybe we can get it working on the M8 Pro.

I also have an older M8 Pro that will require this "special" configuration....so I hope we make some progress on it soon.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hi, just installed 2.2.1 yesterday, but i have this problem. When i go to settings-> users and click on a user to change the name etc. it just pops up that settings has stopped. Any thoughts how to fix it?

Comment

Unfortunately this version of KK has some major compromises. Hopefully we can fix some of those things with a new release one of these days.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X