Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    I get this once in a great while with my 701C...for some reason the image doesn't flash right. try flashing again and see if that makes any difference.
    OK I got the WiFi to work... however I cannot get root access regardless of which superuser app I use... I've flashed the image 5 different times and its the same with each flash.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Comment

Originally posted by hootowlserenade View Post
      OK I got the WiFi to work... however I cannot get root access regardless of which superuser app I use... I've flashed the image 5 different times and its the same with each flash.

Interesting. What method are you using to verify root? Are you using Root Explorer?
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I'm just trying to update the su binary with any superuser app that's free in the play store.... when any app asked for root there was no popup to allow or deny access... tried a root checker app and it said not rooted

Comment

I'm just trying to update the su binary with any superuser app that's free in the play store.... when any app asked for root there was no popup to allow or deny access... tried a root checker app and it said not rooted

Well the reason it wouldn't ask for root is because the stock SU binary doesn't ask for it. As for root checker saying it's not rooted, that would be a different story.

One way I know for sure is installing either Root explorer or es file explorer and setting the root option in there and see if it succeeds...

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
            Well the reason it wouldn't ask for root is because the stock SU binary doesn't ask for it. As for root checker saying it's not rooted, that would be a different story.

One way I know for sure is installing either Root explorer or es file explorer and setting the root option in there and see if it succeeds...
            Titanium backup couldn't get root access either.

Comment

Titanium backup couldn't get root access either.

Hmm.....ok I'll try again.

Comment

App data retention

So I have a question about data retention. If I move an app, say Angry Birds, to the "internal SD card", and then flash the rom to the Elektric rom, will I have still have access to Angry Birds and the save data, or will it all be gone?

Also, is the new rom JB?

Thanks,

Yoritomo

Comment

Originally posted by Yoritomo View Post
                  So I have a question about data retention. If I move an app, say Angry Birds, to the "internal SD card", and then flash the rom to the Elektric rom, will I have still have access to Angry Birds and the save data, or will it all be gone?

Also, is the new rom JB?

Thanks,

Yoritomo
                  Flashing a ROM with livesuit erases the internal SD card... any saved data will be lost... copy over to your PC before flashing then copy back any data you want to keep... the new ROM is ICS.

Comment

1channel doesn't work once rooted?

Just checked out that website... it seems to be a PC orientated site that isn't android compatible... I will pm you a alternate site, let me know if it works for you.

Snapped from my Elektrik Polaroid PMID705X
                    Are you serious? you can't stream off of 1channel.ch once you root ur device? what causes this to happen? is everyone having this problem? for me that's a definite dealbreaker, if I wont be able to stream from 1channel afterwards then there is no way I'm rooting my device :/

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud222 View Post
                      Are you serious? you can't stream off of 1channel.ch once you root ur device? what causes this to happen? is everyone having this problem? for me that's a definite dealbreaker, if I wont be able to stream from 1channel afterwards then there is no way I'm rooting my device :/
                      Rooting has nothing to do with it... I tried the site and all I could find was that you have to download a PC specific software to watch any content... maybe I was mistaken... if your tablet will play it before rooting, it will still play it after rooting,... probably play it better after rooting actually...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud222 View Post
                        Really? Not gonna root cause of possibly not being able to stream 1channel? I was went on the site today to check it out and it wants you to update java, which is your flash player, in order to watch movies. Which version of android are you? Cause Java quit supporting android 4.0 and newer i believe cause ive had that issue with my D4. Just copy your working flash player from your phone to your computer then transfer via usb to your tablet. Use titanium to freeze or uninstall once rooted the current Java apk and use root explorer to open and install the working Java apk you transfered. Your flash player should work for 1channel....

Comment

Originally posted by Briteyez83 View Post
                          Really? Not gonna root cause of possibly not being able to stream 1channel? I was went on the site today to check it out and it wants you to update java, which is your flash player, in order to watch movies. Which version of android are you? Cause Java quit supporting android 4.0 and newer i believe cause ive had that issue with my D4. Just copy your working flash player from your phone to your computer then transfer via usb to your tablet. Use titanium to freeze or uninstall once rooted the current Java apk and use root explorer to open and install the working Java apk you transfered. Your flash player should work for 1channel....
                          Umm...
                          Java (made bun Sun/Oracle) and Flash (made by Adobe) are two entirely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1971 View Post
                            Umm...
                            Java (made bun Sun/Oracle) and Flash (made by Adobe) are two entirely different things.
                            Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. Couldn't think of who made what till after I read yor post. Damn I feel like a blonde. Lmao

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

i have a pmid708x

can it be rooted

Comment

Yes, pain in the ass if I remember right, but it can be done. Go back to the first page of this thread and skim through. All the directions you need are in this thread.

Sent from my 4.3 Maserati using Tapatalk2

Comment

Working...
                                X