HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    yep. it is a modified stock with the bloat removed. I made it at the request of someone who requested it previously but never provided any feedback. it may be completely fine-I don't know because I dpn't have the device but i'm pretty sure it will work
    Downloaded the image file but unsure where or what to do with it. Should i transfer via usb and put it in the root of my sd card?

Comment

Re: HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
      Sorry I linked to the old download thread, try http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMID705X.img

also for live suit directions, follow these directions: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids..._pmid705x.html

use whatever img you want. as for step by step, maybe E can help you out
      Download the image file from polaroid. In the download will be livesuit. Make sure to install the drivers and then load elektrik's image into livesuit instead of the stock image. Follow all the directions in the link for live suit. You do not put the file on your tablet, all the flashing is done on your PC with the tablet connected in "flash mode" live suit directions will tell you exactly how to connect the tablet to the computer.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Comment

CAN'T PLAY VIDEOS

Cannot play videos on my rooted pmid705x, says missing codec. Don't have flash player, need help.

Comment

Originally posted by ysheila76 View Post
          Cannot play videos on my rooted pmid705x, says missing codec. Don't have flash player, need help.
          What kind of video? Have you tried using mx player?

Snapped from my Elektrik Polaroid PMID705X

Comment

If I want to syream videos from websites, it tells me I have to install a player, when I do, I cannot open the file

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ysheila76 View Post
              If I want to syream videos from websites, it tells me I have to install a player, when I do, I cannot open the file

Can you send me a link to one of the sites you are trying to stream? I'll see if I can replicate your issue.

Comment

1channel.ch

Comment

Just checked out that website... it seems to be a PC orientated site that isn't android compatible... I will pm you a alternate site, let me know if it works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hootowlserenade View Post
                    Download the image file from polaroid. In the download will be livesuit. Make sure to install the drivers and then load elektrik's image into livesuit instead of the stock image. Follow all the directions in the link for live suit. You do not put the file on your tablet, all the flashing is done on your PC with the tablet connected in "flash mode" live suit directions will tell you exactly how to connect the tablet to the computer.

I have a rooted D4 with 4.2 JB on AOKP rom so im not a nub to root. Just dont know anything about these tablets. Do i get the image file off the polaroid wed site? Cause if so i cant even find the pmid705x on the dang site. I need some help please??

Comment

Originally posted by Briteyez83 View Post
                      I have a rooted D4 with 4.2 JB on AOKP rom so im not a nub to root. Just dont know anything about these tablets. Do i get the image file off the polaroid wed site? Cause if so i cant even find the pmid705x on the dang site. I need some help please??
                      Check out the post here: http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=58622

In the link posted there for live suit directions you can go to that sites homepage and find your download from there.

Comment

Check out the post here: http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=58622

In the link posted there for live suit directions you can go to that sites homepage and find your download from there.

YA i read this before but the whole "only if you have been locked out" through me for a loop. I figured since your the 2nd person to direct me to the link for this page that this is how i achieve root. Thanks

Comment

YA i read this before but the whole "only if you have been locked out" through me for a loop. I figured since your the 2nd person to direct me to the link for this page that this is how i achieve root. Thanks
                          Just remember that after you install elektrik's rom in livesuit that you have to install superuser (the chainsdd version) from the play store to achieve full root privileges.

Comment

Just remember that after you install elektrik's rom in livesuit that you have to install superuser (the chainsdd version) from the play store to achieve full root privileges.

Thanks i did not know that. Im just trying to get step 20 to happen so im going to repeat steps 5-19 again....

Comment

Thanks i did not know that. Im just trying to get step 20 to happen so im going to repeat steps 5-19 again....
                              Once you've plugged in the tablet, give a couple seconds before letting off the home button. After that you should be good to go.

Comment

Once you've plugged in the tablet, give a couple seconds before letting off the home button. After that you should be good to go.

Ugh nothing is happening. Trying it again......my first phone i rooted was the droid X and that was such a hassel cause of the locked bootloader. My D4 has it to but its a piece of cake now. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X