This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsgregorio View Post
    I just want to thank justme for the public releases. I donated to him 5usd for the 1.6b.

it works well, but i have the black screen issue. Every time i turn it on, need to press all buttons on remote to show someting.

I'm sorry justme fell the need to be greedy. The angry guy here is aggressive. But he has a point and all ordinary users agree that 30usd for 3 months is too much. It is better to buy another box.

I hope Justme realize the community factor that money made him loose...

Good luck just me, but you are not one of us anymore... it's a shame.
    I fixed this issue by installing another launcher. I made my box boot to the new launcher instead of xbmc. I just turn off the box without closing xbmc.

Comment

donations

A donation is exactly that, you donate what you want depending on the software and how it performs, The better work gets more donations but, to actually charge and make a profit from other devs mods is a bit cheecky, everybody's input is why we have shareware freeware, its a community based project for no profit, but people do appreciate the likes of Justme for all the time put in to making these Roms, But when profit takes over then it's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
        I fixed this issue by installing another launcher. I made my box boot to the new launcher instead of xbmc. I just turn off the box without closing xbmc.
        thanks for the tip. Which launcher did you use?

And how do you do this: "I just turn off the box without closing xbmc."?

Comment

I think it's absurd respected forum Freatab leave this "MERCENARY" Rom's sell here at home. A shame!

Comment

Did anyone manage to get wifi direct working on this ROM or any other ROM for that matter? I can get a connection to my phone and tablet but I was never able to send files to the box. The box never prompt me that a file is being received and eventually the phone times out and give the error "failed to send file" I didn't try sending files from the box to see if that works. I am currently using 1.6b but I don't recall getting this working on any other roms.
            working with 1.6B and 1.6C please check with es file explorer ---> device/storage/emulated//0//blutooth/
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
              working with 1.6B and 1.6C please check with es file explorer ---> device/storage/emulated//0//blutooth/
              it makes the connection but when I try to send a file to the box I get an error"failed to send file" I tried from both s5 and tab 2. Did you successfully send a file? I do use es file explorer by the way

Comment

Originally posted by dsgregorio View Post
                thanks for the tip. Which launcher did you use?

And how do you do this: "I just turn off the box without closing xbmc."?
                I used app backup and restore to extract the launcher from 1.5. You can use any launcher you want. Just install from the play store.
                For your second question. Basically when I am done using xbmc, I basically turn off the box with the remote (stand by mode) next time I turn the box on, xbmc is already there. This is kind of the same as having the box boots directly to xbmc.

Comment

it makes the connection but when I try to send a file to the box I get an error"failed to send file" I tried from both s5 and tab 2. Did you successfully send a file? I do use es file explorer by the way
                  Used galaxy note works fine. so not sure whats going on maybe other people can test it with other variant phones?

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Used galaxy note works fine. so not sure whats going on maybe other people can test it with other variant phones?
                    ok. Thanks justme. I'll play with it more and see

Comment

Thanks Guys for the input.

People talk about a community forum, I though a community forum there was meant to be bunch of forum members involved in making ROMS.

One makes the bread, another member makes the meat patty and another member makes the cheese, all I can see is people talking bite of the finish burger so to speak.

Let me see there was 6 rom releases, 1 win app, remote patcher, with no donations it wasn’t till I actually put down get the rom early by donating people donated.

I sat down with my wife and she backs me up what I have done if anything she mentioned that I should lower the price to $25 and make it 6 month subscription.

Although I would need to ask the 2 dozen odd members first if this is ok since I have to honour them who have supported me.

Or maybe it time to pull out developing for the s802 and just for fill the members already subscribed.
                      With the 3 ROMS promised And move onto another box on forum here start developing for that box.

You now have ACEMAX and Enybox stock releases that should keep you guys happy and at bay.
                      Because all I seen is all Dev’s get praised, but soon as so called community don’t like something from the dev. the dev. becomes the bad person despite all the countless and priceless hour they have spent developing for the so called community.

Thank
                      JM
                      Last edited by JustMe; 01-29-2015, 04:53.

JustMe

Comment

Thanks Guys for the input.

People talk about a community forum, I though a community forum there was meant to be bunch of forum members involved in making ROMS.

One makes the bread, another member makes the meat patty and another member makes the cheese, all I can see is people talking bite of the finish burger so to speak.

Let me see there was 6 rom releases, 1 win app, remote patcher, with no donations it wasn’t till I actually put down get the rom early by donating people donated.

I sat down with my wife and she backs me up what I have done if anything she mentioned that I should lower the price to $25 and make it 6 month subscription.

Although I would need to ask the 2 dozen odd members first if this is ok since I have to honour them who have supported me.

Or maybe it time to pull out developing for the s802 and just for fill the members already subscribed.
                        With the 3 ROMS promised And move onto another box on forum here start developing for that box.

You now have ACEMAX and Enybox stock releases that should keep you guys happy and at bay.
                        Because all I seen is all Dev’s get praised, but soon as so called community don’t like something from the dev. the dev. becomes the bad person despite all the countless and priceless hour they have spent developing for the so called community.

Thank
                        JM
                        Does your arrogance know no bounds??? You seem to have missed the whole point of an opensource community forum. Go on Xda and see if you can find a single thread where the dev is asking for money. They do it because it is their hobby, an enjoyable pass time, for the fun of it. If you are not doing it for fun or no longer enjoy it, move on or pack up. If you are doing it for financial gain, get off the community forum advertise like droidsticks etc.
                        You act like you are up on a golden throne saying 'I'm the only one supporting this box', when mediaman rom is still being developed. Other devs like finless have moved on to newer boxes, the same way the phone devs do, it's how it has always worked.
                        You made a big fuss that you had to travel to try the rom out so someone offered you a new box and that still was not enough! Why was you developing a rom for a box you did not have in the first place, it makes no sense?
                        I still use your 1.5 because it is a nice stable rom that enables me to use the main reason most people to buy an Android box, which is XBMC/KODI. So if all i'm going to read on this thread is crap analogies about burgers, then I will try mediamans PIZZA!

Saw this on XDA for the rom I use and thought it might make more sense than my rant.
                        Important notes:
                        1. If you want to say "Thanks!"

There are many ways to show your support to the developer. You can:
                        • Press the "Thanks" button.
                        • Hit the donation button and "buy me a beer".
                        • Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in respective thread.
                        • Advertise my work to your friends.
                        • Rate my thread with 5 stars.

Every way of support is highly appreciated, but it's not expected!
                        Last edited by elgrego; 01-29-2015, 09:54.
                        M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
                        JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

I just tried with nexus 7 asus 1st gen and samsung galaxy note 10 1st gen all worked sending files

JustMe

Comment

Can we just stop all this bitching? I decided to pay for the rom and pi$$ing off the Dev who's developing it is just gonna make justme reluctant to develop on the box as often. Quit your whining if you don't want to pay you've already had a bunch of roms for free, just continue to use them. Sorry rant over

Comment

justme, the big problem is not about you get paid. The big problem is that you are greedy, very greedy. You are not a comunity member anymore. You are a in the business. You don't care about the comunity, you want to win money. Weren't you satisfied with the donations? Are you better than that? Is that it?

Don't know why people would pay $30 for 3 months for a $90 box. If you want to make it fair, make it $5.

otherwise, just acknowledge your insignificance.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkymark79 View Post
                                Can we just stop all this bitching? I decided to pay for the rom and pi$$ing off the Dev who's developing it is just gonna make justme reluctant to develop on the box as often. Quit your whining if you don't want to pay you've already had a bunch of roms for free, just continue to use them. Sorry rant over
                                I will not stop my bitching and I hope the few other people who have a mind continue to speak out against JustMe's greed. I apologize to the other memebers of this thread that blindly follow this crook as he takes advantage of you. JustMe has his junk so far down some of your throats and all you do is cotinue sucking.

Sparkymark79 I'm sorry you decided to "PAY" to be ripped off. I will not stop speaking the truth because you paid and it looks as if others feel the same. If JustMe stops developing because he is threatned by the truth and decides to leave the fools who did "PAY" $30.00 USD for 3 months in the dust, it would go to show the kind of developer JustMe has become.

Comment

Working...
                                X