OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenElec on EM8

Are we any closer to getting into the box via ssh?

Comment

Ssh works for me... I enabled it from the start
      user: root
      Pw: openelec

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

So did I but it refuses my connection. I can ssh into my other openelec devices ok. Might try a reflash.

Comment

I still can't get pass the OpenELEC slash screen.

With the Mx2 I have an Sdcard with a download that fixes that and when I flash OpenELEC it has to flash over matricom's 1.1.6 New MTD firmware.

Is there a certain rom that I should already have installed before installing this rom?

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Any rom will do.
            Flash finless make sure the resolution is set to 720p then flash the openelec file. See if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
              Sounds good.

How did you create your remote.conf? Or did you find it somewhere? I need to tweak my xbmc keymap a little so it works like the remote should do.

I'll test the TWRP backup on my second m8.
              - I'd appreciate knowing if this method offers any hope for those stuck at their boot-screens.

- I tweaked a ZAP A-10 NEC remote file from another source with keypress codes from the original M8 - and it worked! As I recall, only needed to adapt a couple of buttons - most worked right there.
              Last edited by Zahir; 10-23-2014, 20:23.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

In still not sure why my remote doesn't fully work without changing anything when JM says it should.

Comment

Woo hoo

This was well worth the wait.
                  performs faultlessly.

coupled with the remote config this is amazing. I tried to use wifi but not been successful yet (fingers crossed)
                  everything else is pretty much perfect.
                  only downside I've noticed is the power off goes through a reboot and suspend isn't able to be woken up from.

in all JM you have outdone yourself once again )
                  you truly are an M8 saviour

+ 1000000

Comment

So did I but it refuses my connection. I can ssh into my other openelec devices ok. Might try a reflash.
                    Any luck with this ?
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Not yet but pigbait has it working.

Comment

Not yet but pigbait has it working.
                        Just did a hard reset of openelec...did not fix ssh login
                        Takes the login not the password.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          Just did a hard reset of openelec...did not fix ssh login
                          Takes the login not the password.

Just installed it too. no ssh login.

Took the SYSTEM fs apart and found out that the /etc/shadow file is empty.
                          as opposed to the /etc/shadow file from an openelec SYSTEM fs that looks like this:

systemd-network:*:::::::
                          root:$6$iEGiI1lmQDxfi79J$kLbZZqjZ9Kv8fWYyVFriF0fbD blXJ84tH4mPueXnMmttfd72AaT8/v9HSyQjhKbFOt3LRB9Hv2o.82QcG5iXs1:::::::
                          dbus:*:::::::
                          system:*:::::::
                          sshd:*:::::::
                          avahi:*:::::::
                          nobody:*:::::::

i'm guessing somebody just don't want us to ssh to the box, but that Just Me.

Comment

With all the great people around here, surely you must jest...

looks like the meek aint going to inherit anything this week.

wait I guess ?

Thanks

Originally posted by doubleorseven View Post
                            Just installed it too. no ssh login.

Took the SYSTEM fs apart and found out that the /etc/shadow file is empty.
                            as opposed to the /etc/shadow file from an openelec SYSTEM fs that looks like this:

systemd-network:*:::::::
                            root:$6$iEGiI1lmQDxfi79J$kLbZZqjZ9Kv8fWYyVFriF0fbD blXJ84tH4mPueXnMmttfd72AaT8/v9HSyQjhKbFOt3LRB9Hv2o.82QcG5iXs1:::::::
                            dbus:*:::::::
                            system:*:::::::
                            sshd:*:::::::
                            avahi:*:::::::
                            nobody:*:::::::

i'm guessing somebody just don't want us to ssh to the box, but that Just Me.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              I found if TV Signal is lost, TV or Box is in wrong resolution (remembers something)
                              I was changing cable, monitors, removing switch boxes.
                              I reloaded JM android left it in 720 mode not 1080

Reloaded openelec full wipe ,and woo woo went all the way thru.
                              Thank you trebor. That solved it. I was able to get into it.

I flashed finless 1.7 , set display to 720. Booted to recovery. Installed openelec and wala.

How can I do a wifi speedtest on this thing? I have never seen or used openelec so pardon me in advance.

regards
                              borikua

Comment

No idea, like your self, do a test with some addons ether then wifi will give you an idea.
                                no doubt someone may enlighten us or google may be your friend

Also this place below you will find the action.

Cheers
                                Originally posted by borikua View Post
                                Thank you trebor. That solved it. I was able to get into it.

I flashed finless 1.7 , set display to 720. Booted to recovery. Installed openelec and wala.

How can I do a wifi speedtest on this thing? I have never seen or used openelec so pardon me in advance.

regards
                                borikua
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X