This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indnracn2 View Post
    I have a wierd problem. I have no wifi. I check the box for wifi no AP shows up.; I go to the wifi settings and turn on wifi and it sits for a bit and goes to off on its own almost as if its not triggering. Ethernet works fine but no wifi. Any ideas?
    Was the WiFi working before?
    Have you tried using other roms?
    Do you know what version of the m8 you have?

Comment

Originally posted by HNG View Post
      @justmeroms
      Do you have time to take a look at
      "Video not on center screen, most of movies are go down to bottom right....."
      (Note that this issue doesn't happen on 1.5 early version or 1.6c)
      I'm assuming these problem are within kodi. What version are you using.

Comment

Is it possible on 1.6c to upgrade Kodi to v15 ? If so can someone give instructions please?

Comment

should work - go onto aptioide or google play and update to isengard
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by qpr1991 View Post

Was the WiFi working before?
            Have you tried using other roms?
            Do you know what version of the m8 you have?
            Hello yes the wifi was working before. Not sure what rom version it stopped on. I have tried the justme 1.4 and 1.6 somewhere there it stopped working. But I also have a different issue along side the wifi. In android watching a youtube video or even on the web after about 10 mins or so the screen just goes blank. The blue light is on but screen goes blank and after about 20 mins comes back and is in the reboot phase. Alsmost as if the box shut down but blue light was on. Again this is not in kodi. I tried a few other roms and seems to do this in any rom. I have 2 m8 made by OTT both are doing the same thing anyone else ever had this. I know this happens on KODI but have not heard anyone having this issue in just the android part?

Comment

1.6 had wifi reboot issues

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                1.6 had wifi reboot issues

@JM
                I am confusing.... I don't see any WiFi problem on 1.7a,
                Is this only for 1.6c..?

Comment

@JM
                  The issue I founded so far is "Freeze when back to kodi"
                  Here is step
                  My Samsung had 4 HDMI
                  HDMI1 = TV
                  HDMi2 = M8 box
                  HDMI3 and 4 = For other devices

a. Launching kodi
                  b. watch some new (Ex: CNN, MSNBC...)
                  c. Stop the news
                  d. Change to HDMI1 to watch TV (I have ATT UVerse)
                  e. An hour later, change back to HDMI2
                  ISSUE: kodi freezing (Hard reboot will fix this issue...)

My configure:
                  1. M8 box
                  2. kodi 14.2
                  3. FW 1.7a

Comment

@TD yes for 1.6c try placing teh hdmi to hdmi 3 and 4 and see if it solves the issue

JustMe

Comment

Hi JustMe hate to go off topic here and hate to ask anyone for help,but i have the M8S tv box well it's an N200 tv box flashed to M8S firmware then reflashed again to the acemax M9 firmware device shows as M9 in the settings section on the system,it's the amlogic s812 chipset with ap6330 wifi,i have learning difficulties and have no way i can learn how to edit a vold.fstab i know wherre to place it but not how to edit,what would be the chance you might be able to edit it to be my usb hard drive which is sda5 to be my main storage memory please,as i cannot put anything on without the box moaning i have not enough space to install?

Here is the vold.fstab mate

## Vold 2.0 fstab

#######################
                      ## Regular device mount
                      ##
                      ## Format: dev_mount

## label - Label for the volume
                      ## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
                      ## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
                      ## - List of sysfs paths to source devices
                      ## flags - (optional) Comma separated list of flags, must not contain '/' character
                      ######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
                      #use this line to support VIRTUAL CDROM.And you can define the directory where you want to mount
                      loop_mount loop /storage/external_storage/VIRTUAL_CDROM
                      dev_mount sdcard /storage/external_storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/AMLOGIC_CARD/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sd_mmc.0/card_host/memorycard0/memorycard0:sd /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sd /devices/platform/aml_sdhc.0/mmc_host/sd
                      #asec flash

I know it is cheeky to ask but i see you make firmware for amlogic box's and i have nobody who can assist me with it,i can't seem to get this box into usb detect unless holding reset pin as well it just doesn't allow adb via usb as far as i can tell?Which if i remember on my rk3188 k-r42 box Flumpster made the vold.fstab for me and he said copy everything from usb mode to the drive you want to use and then write the vold.fstab in system and restart so this concerns me i won't be able to as i can't pick up the box my M9 firmware box as a usb device?Any help here would really go a long way mate as i am completely stuck for anything to do and can't fully utilise thios box's potential until i have sufficient memory available to use.

The other confusing part for me is that i cannot reflash M8S firmwares via update zip files since reflashing it to M9 firmware it states footer wrong/cannot wipe data and also says cannot wipe cache it's like the M9 rom has either locked it to acemax only roms or it has some bootloader lock or something locked or in place to prevent a reflash of alternate firmwares M8S roms give the this is not an M8S device it is a N200 i am really confused with it mate and i rarely have that problem.
                      What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Two quick questions. Has anyone tried this on the m8s s812? Also is xbox 360 controller supported? Thanks!

Comment

I just downloaded this rom from Justme's website. I read the support tab on how to flash but it does not have the files the instructions says (instructions says will have 3 files, a zip file, recovery img and param aml file).

1.6c have no zip file at all or aml file, just the all the img files and a META-INF folder. What am I suppose to do? Archive them all except for recovery.img? Put zip and recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml into SD card?

Thanks

Comment

Hi all, I have paid the subscription so that I could get the latest update. Might be a stupid question, how do I login to get the latest rom via the Justmeroms.com site. cant find the login anywhere??

Managed to login now, just cant find the download for latest version (now received :0))
                            Last edited by kellyj1978; 10-28-2015, 13:48.

Comment

re the above post, I did not unzip anything. Just copied the zip to sd, boot to recovery and install via ext. Job done
                              App store did not work initially, had to clear the apps cache.
                              Had to download a new launcher tho as the two standard ones just launched Kodi nothing else

Comment

Hi,

I have just purchased a new m8 box for the bedroom, but this one is a M8S

Will v1.6c still work on this box or not.

Hope you can help

Comment

Working...
                                X