No announcement yet.

Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for confirmation it at least works :-) The 'wizard' may not have the best default cores for Amlogic. If someone wanted to go through all the trouble to tell me what works best for each system in Amlogic that would be awesome. Seems like a pretty sweet little box for playing retro games!

Comment

Originally posted by zach_morris View Post
      Thanks for confirmation it at least works :-) The 'wizard' may not have the best default cores for Amlogic. If someone wanted to go through all the trouble to tell me what works best for each system in Amlogic that would be awesome. Seems like a pretty sweet little box for playing retro games!
      Hey,

I have tested the update somewhat, I can confirm that the cores launch as intended for the available systems on our hardware.

However the 7z issue is still present. Will still not convert. I have attached the correct 7za.Nix file that will work for our systems for you though. Just unzip and replace the one located in /.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za

I've tested this and can confirm it works. Also the search function appears to be bugged, when performing a search Kodi crashes then restarts.

Other than that it all seems to work as intended. Thanks alot
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zach_morris
        I have tested again using updated master zip in my s905x libreelec 32 bit ,when i launch any rom from iarl ,kodi reboots,doesn't launch using retroarch addon.
        I have chosen sx05x in iarl setting and also ran wizard.any suggestion what settings will work in my system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jackmate View Post

I have tested again using updated master zip in my s905x libreelec 32 bit ,when i launch any rom from iarl ,kodi reboots,doesn't launch using retroarch addon.
          I have chosen sx05x in iarl setting and also ran wizard.any suggestion what settings will work in my system?

Have you installed the 32 bit libs from JoKeRz repo? After installing those you need to go into the Retroarch add-on settings in Kodi and tell it to use the 32 bit libs.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64

Have you installed the 32 bit libs from JoKeRz repo? After installing those you need to go into the Retroarch add-on settings in Kodi and tell it to use the 32 bit libs.
            I did that too,i have jokerz retroarch for s905 installed and 32 bit is enabled too,actually i am also using kszaq 32 bit libreelec build for s905x.
            Any rom I chose from iarl,kodi reboots.

Comment

I did that too,i have jokerz retroarch for s905 installed and 32 bit is enabled too,actually i am also using kszaq 32 bit libreelec build for s905x.
              Any rom I chose from iarl,kodi reboots.

Ok the first thing to try is going into IARL and highlight the console you want to play, then open up the context menu and press Update Launcher and then select 'External Launcher'.

Next at open the context menu again and select 'Update Ext Launcher Command' then you want to select the correct Retroarch core from the list. For example if you are wanting to play a Geneaia game you would select Genesis Plus GX.

In theory that should solve the problem, if not let me know, I have a backup of my edited DAT files that you can copy over to to the IARL addon data folder that I manually put together to make everything launch.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64

Ok the first thing to try is going into IARL and highlight the console you want to play, then open up the context menu and press Update Launcher and then select 'External Launcher'.

Next at open the context menu again and select 'Update Ext Launcher Command' then you want to select the correct Retroarch core from the list. For example if you are wanting to play a Geneaia game you would select Genesis Plus GX.

In theory that should solve the problem, if not let me know, I have a backup of my edited DAT files that you can copy over to to the IARL addon data folder that I manually put together to make everything launch.
                Thanks,if u can send me ur backup of dat files to download that would be appreciated,i just want to use that .
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

Hey,

I have tested the update somewhat, I can confirm that the cores launch as intended for the available systems on our hardware.

However the 7z issue is still present. Will still not convert. I have attached the correct 7za.Nix file that will work for our systems for you though. Just unzip and replace the one located in /.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za

I've tested this and can confirm it works. Also the search function appears to be bugged, when performing a search Kodi crashes then restarts.

Other than that it all seems to work as intended. Thanks alot
                  Thanks. I actually tried to update the addon to install the LibreElec virtual.system-tools addon, which includes 7zip, and then use that. Looks like the update didn't quite work, so I'll have to update that. In the meantime, you can install virtual.system-tools by searching for the addon in LibreElec. IARL will use that if installed for 7zip extraction.

Comment

I updated the addon to use the newest lakka available, I also fixed the playlists and in the process internet is working in part (can download thumbnails, and extras, but no updates).

The only problem I have is when I quit from retroarch and try to get back to Kodi, the system hangs, does anyone have any idea how to fix that? or how to debug it? btw I am using this on a s905 device.

also, I noticed on the original addon there is a retroarch_mod binary, anyone have more information on whats the difference between the original and this binary?

and BTW: N64 runs awesome with this update using Glupen64, and PSX games run amazing with the PSX Rearmed core
                    Last edited by niabi; 01-12-2017, 18:09.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi
                      I updated the addon to use the newest lakka available, I also fixed the playlists and in the process internet is working in part (can download thumbnails, and extras, but no updates).

The only problem I have is when I quit from retroarch and try to get back to Kodi, the system hangs, does anyone have any idea how to fix that? or how to debug it? btw I am using this on a s905 device.

also, I noticed on the original addon there is a retroarch_mod binary, anyone have more information on whats the difference between the original and this binary?

and BTW: N64 runs awesome with this update using Glupen64, and PSX games run amazing with the PSX Rearmed core
                      Which update are u talking about?
                      Can u share addon updated of retroarch for s905 that has playlist fixed.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jackmate

Which update are u talking about?
                        Can u share addon updated of retroarch for s905 that has playlist fixed.
                        Thanks

Retroarch 1.3.6 from latest Lakka, with some new cores, like glupen64

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

Then the emulator of n64 and does PSX, work better in your version?

Comment

Originally posted by mega-samu View Post

Then the emulator of n64 and does PSX, work better in your version?
                            It seems like it.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

Can you be more specific? Which Lakka are you referring to? The one for the O-Droid C1?

Comment

Thanks,if u can send me ur backup of dat files to download that would be appreciated,i just want to use that .
                                Thanks

Here you go, just unzip these files into /,kodi/userdata/addon_data/dat_files and away you go. Be warned though I've configured these so consoles we don't have cores for are hidden in the IARL lists.

Comment

Working...
                                X