Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

Can you be more specific? Which Lakka are you referring to? The one for the O-Droid C1?
    Yes, updated the binary, and all the cores, and re-added the databases and overlays

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

Yes, updated the binary, and all the cores, and re-added the databases and overlays
      Are you able to explain briefly how you did this? I am aware of how to copy the cores over but don't know how to do the binary, databases and overlays? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Also can you share your N64 settings as I'm struggling to improve performance. Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by niabi

It seems like it.
          Most rom i play ,it appears zoomed in and graphics is so blurry,for eg jungle book game,prince of persia etc .
          Is there any setting i need the change so display is normal like we used to see in those old days ,i think it retroarch setting?
          Any rom i choose graphics is so zoomed in and text are even hard to read.
          This issue only when rom displays in tv ,retroarch screen is ok.
          Any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jackmate View Post

Most rom i play ,it appears zoomed in and graphics is so blurry,for eg jungle book game,prince of persia etc .
            Is there any setting i need the change so display is normal like we used to see in those old days ,i think it retroarch setting?
            Any advise.

Turn on 'Integer Scale' in Retroarch video settings.

Comment

Are you able to explain briefly how you did this? I am aware of how to copy the cores over but don't know how to do the binary, databases and overlays? Any help would be appreciated
              Basically just download the Lakka Odriod C1 release, uncompress everything with 7zip, first the .img, then the 0.fat file, then SYSTEM.

The folders are as follows:
              Cores: \SYSTEM\usr\lib\libretro\
              Retroarch Bin: \SYSTEM\usr\bin\

then I added most of these to the \emulator.tools.retroarch\resources folder in the addon.

Databases: \SYSTEM\usr\share\libretro-database\
              Assets: \SYSTEM\usr\share\retroarch-assets\
              Shaders: \SYSTEM\usr\share\common-shaders\
              Overlays: \SYSTEM\usr\share\retroarch-overlays\
              Video Filters: \SYSTEM\usr\share\video_filters\
              Gamepad Auto Config profiles: \SYSTEM\etc\retroarch-joypad-autoconfig\

You also need to update your config file in emulator.tools.retroarch\config to add the paths, you could also do this after you install the add-on.

Needed Libraries for emulator.tools.32bitlibs: \SYSTEM\usr\lib\

libavcodec.so.57
              libavformat.so.57
              libavutil.so.55
              libswscale.so.4
              libswresample.so.2
              ld-linux-armhf.so.3

(most of this have a different name that you have to rename, e.g. libavcodec.so.57.48.101 rename to libavcodec.so.57)

Once this is done you need to uninstall the old version, and just re-add the addons

hopefully this can help you keep retroarch up to date

I noticed there is a nightly Odroid C2 (which uses a s905) version of Lakka, but I haven't tested the bins or cores from it yet.

I also have a zip file available with all these changes, but as I said earlier I am not sure if I can share it, since I didn't really change anything to the code.

and as for the N64 part, oncer you update the cores and bin just run yur games with Glupen64, they run way better

Comment

Any advise.

I don't have that problem, did you change anything with scaling in the video options?

Comment

I found that the Genesis Plus GX core for the C1 doesn't work correctly on my s905, it will crash back to kodi, instead use the one from the C2, that one works

Comment

I don't have that problem, did you change anything with scaling in the video options?
                    No i havent,i have integer scale as on too,same issue too much zoomed in in game.

Comment

No i havent,i have integer scale as on too,same issue too much zoomed in in game.

Scale integer needs to be off.

The only thing I can think off is that you had a leftover config from the pas addon and maybe there was something different there.

also what emulator gives you that problem?

Comment

Scale integer needs to be off.

The only thing I can think off is that you had a leftover config from the pas addon and maybe there was something different there.

also what emulator gives you that problem?
                        Even when scale integer is off.its a fresh install with new addon u supplied.
                        I am using rompacks from https://nicoblog.org/rompacks-romsets/

I dont choose emulator,have scanned rom folder and choose from playlist.
                        But all roms i choose are like that.
                        Can it be rom itself ?
                        Any rom i play ,screen is zoomed in and text in game can hardly be read.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

Basically just download the Lakka Odriod C1 release, uncompress everything with 7zip, first the .img, then the 0.fat file, then SYSTEM.

The folders are as follows:
                          Cores: \SYSTEM\usr\lib\libretro\
                          Retroarch Bin: \SYSTEM\usr\bin\

then I added most of these to the \emulator.tools.retroarch\resources folder in the addon.

Databases: \SYSTEM\usr\share\libretro-database\
                          Assets: \SYSTEM\usr\share\retroarch-assets\
                          Shaders: \SYSTEM\usr\share\common-shaders\
                          Overlays: \SYSTEM\usr\share\retroarch-overlays\
                          Video Filters: \SYSTEM\usr\share\video_filters\
                          Gamepad Auto Config profiles: \SYSTEM\etc\retroarch-joypad-autoconfig\

You also need to update your config file in emulator.tools.retroarch\config to add the paths, you could also do this after you install the add-on.

Needed Libraries for emulator.tools.32bitlibs: \SYSTEM\usr\lib\

libavcodec.so.57
                          libavformat.so.57
                          libavutil.so.55
                          libswscale.so.4
                          libswresample.so.2
                          ld-linux-armhf.so.3

(most of this have a different name that you have to rename, e.g. libavcodec.so.57.48.101 rename to libavcodec.so.57)

Once this is done you need to uninstall the old version, and just re-add the addons

hopefully this can help you keep retroarch up to date

I noticed there is a nightly Odroid C2 (which uses a s905) version of Lakka, but I haven't tested the bins or cores from it yet.

I also have a zip file available with all these changes, but as I said earlier I am not sure if I can share it, since I didn't really change anything to the code.

and as for the N64 part, oncer you update the cores and bin just run yur games with Glupen64, they run way better
                          Thankyou for all the info. I updated the cores and now using Glupen64, unfortunately some games still run really badly but ALOT of games that wouldn't run properly before now play very well at a solid 30fps.

Comment

Thankyou for all the info. I updated the cores and now using Glupen64, unfortunately some games still run really badly but ALOT of games that wouldn't run properly before now play very well at a solid 30fps.
                            The games I tried (which were not a lot) ran way better than before, but honestly I don't really play N64 games.

The PSP emulator is still slow :/ I was trying to make the standalone version run, but I get an error about display :'(

EGL Error: Unable to get display!

Comment

Even when scale integer is off.its a fresh install with new addon u supplied.
                              I am using rompacks from https://nicoblog.org/rompacks-romsets/

I dont choose emulator,have scanned rom folder and choose from playlist.
                              But all roms i choose are like that.
                              Can it be rom itself ?
                              Any rom i play ,screen is zoomed in and text in game can hardly be read.

Well even if its playlist it will still tell you which system the ROM runs on . Can you post an image of your video settings?

Comment

Well even if its playlist it will still tell you which system the ROM runs on . Can you post an image of your video settings?
                                Below is image of video settings and also that shows rom and emulator that has such issue of blurred zoomed in graphics.

Junglebook using nestopia emulator

Comment

Working...
                                X