No announcement yet.

Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove integer scale, then change the viewport width to 1920 and the height to 1080, then window scale 3x change to 1x.

Also the Genesis GX crashes on my system, does it work fine with yuours?

Comment

Originally posted by niabi
      Remove integer scale, then change the viewport width to 1920 and the height to 1080, then window scale 3x change to 1x.

Also the Genesis GX crashes on my system, does it work fine with yuours?
      I did that same,nothing changed.sonic hedgedog 2 using
      Genesis plus gx works ok in my system but same graphics is zoomed in and blurry.
      I am thinking the rom are for small screen display and we are playing in 52 inch led tv ,is that why its scaled large on tv and shows like that?
      Is there anyway we can install emulation station in box as that has nice frontend for retroarch like in retropie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jackmate View Post

I did that same,nothing changed.sonic hedgedog 2 using
        Genesis plus gx works ok in my system but same graphics is zoomed in and blurry.
        I am thinking the rom are for small screen display and we are playing in 52 inch led tv ,is that why its scaled large on tv and shows like that?
        Is there anyway we can install emulation station in box as that has nice frontend for retroarch like in retropie?

your jungle book image looks like it should look in a 52" screen, not sure what you are expecting?

I do not have the knowledge to compile emulation station for s905, sorry.

Comment

your jungle book image looks like it should look in a 52" screen, not sure what you are expecting?

I do not have the knowledge to compile emulation station for s905, sorry.
          Thanks,

For emulation station,I installed gamestarter addon which is for libreelec and has emulation station but emulation station dont start up.u can try coz you know more than me.

Comment

Thanks,

For emulation station,I installed gamestarter addon which is for libreelec and has emulation station but emulation station dont start up.u can try coz you know more than me.

I don't think it will, it is for Raspberry Pi, not sure if its compatible, someone with more experience than me will have to tackle that one.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

I don't think it will, it is for Raspberry Pi, not sure if its compatible, someone with more experience than me will have to tackle that one.
              The AlexELEC system uses a dual boot setup with EmulationStation on S805/905 systems, perhaps somebody can take a look at his source code and figure out how we could compile a standalone version to boot alongside Kszaqs LibreELEC

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

The AlexELEC system uses a dual boot setup with EmulationStation on S805/905 systems, perhaps somebody can take a look at his source code and figure out how we could compile a standalone version to boot alongside Kszaqs LibreELEC
                interesting... I am going to test it out, see if I can extract it and implement it in LE.

Comment

interesting... I am going to test it out, see if I can extract it and implement it in LE.
                  I am able to boot alexlec system from sd card in my s905x box,can access emulation station but remote navigation doesnt work using remote or controller.
                  I think more work needed to sort it.default language is russian,change to english.press power off in kodi to choose emulation station game system.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

I am able to boot alexlec system from sd card in my s905x box,can access emulation station but remote navigation doesnt work using remote or controller.
                    I think more work needed to sort it.default language is russian,change to english.press power off in kodi to choose emulation station game system.

https://github.com/AlexELEC/AlexELEC...ases/tag/2.1.4

Yeah I have been playing with it, I had to use a dtb from Libreelec but it works fine, to make the gamepad work on emulationstation you need to go into the terminal from a PC and remove the es_input.cgf file, then you have to make an empty file with the same name (touch es_input.cfg). on next reboot emulationstation should ask to configure your gamepad.

about the performance its basically the same as the Retroarch addon, it uses the same cores, but it has the emulationstation frontend.

if I have time I am going to try and compile a version inenglish with the emulationstation gamepad settings empty by default, but I have to install linux on a WM as I am using windows ATM.

Comment

Yeah I have been playing with it, I had to use a dtb from Libreelec but it works fine, to make the gamepad work on emulationstation you need to go into the terminal from a PC and remove the es_input.cgf file, then you have to make an empty file with the same name (touch es_input.cfg). on next reboot emulationstation should ask to configure your gamepad.

about the performance its basically the same as the Retroarch addon, it uses the same cores, but it has the emulationstation frontend.

if I have time I am going to try and compile a version inenglish with the emulationstation gamepad settings empty by default, but I have to install linux on a WM as I am using windows ATM.
                      Can it be made like retroarch kodi addon that we can install in kszaq libreelec and choose it as frontend.
                      I see emulation station very simple and kids friendly than retroarch.my kids find hard to navigate around retroarch specially changing roms.

Comment

Can it be made like retroarch kodi addon that we can install in kszaq libreelec and choose it as frontend.
                        I see emulation station very simple and kids friendly than retroarch.my kids find hard to navigate around retroarch specially changing roms.

It can, but to be honest i have no idea how to make an addon.

first it needs to be ported to Kszaqs libreelec and see if it runs, after that I will see if I can make an addon, else I will just write a how-to.

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post

It can, but to be honest i have no idea how to make an addon.

first it needs to be ported to Kszaqs libreelec and see if it runs, after that I will see if I can make an addon, else I will just write a how-to.
                          Best of luck. I'd be eternally grateful if a port for the s805 processor is also possible.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

Best of luck. I'd be eternally grateful if a port for the s805 processor is also possible.
                            Its already ported on the Alexelec so I am sure it will work.

But so far what I am planning on doing is just use the Alexelec fork and work over that one, I found it to be faster on my device and it already has Emulationstation + retroarch installed, I am just going to change a few things, like English being default and the emulationstation gamepad being also default to avoid any problems.

Comment

Its already ported on the Alexelec so I am sure it will work.

But so far what I am planning on doing is just use the Alexelec fork and work over that one, I found it to be faster on my device and it already has Emulationstation + retroarch installed, I am just going to change a few things, like English being default and the emulationstation gamepad being also default to avoid any problems.
                              That would be great,pls share the build when ready.
                              Thanks

Comment

Last edited by jackmate; 01-24-2017, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X