Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The file remote.need to pull the config from your working firmware. It is unique to each model of TV box+remote control. On the forum Libreelec, there is a description how to get from your working system Android.

Comment

Does anyone know where to get older 'Jessie' sd rom for s905 (these aren't available anymore on yadi.sk...). I need them to build a box with Php 5.6 (7 is to new).

Comment

I wanted to set up a server to run Kodi, but no desktop environment or anything that isn't 100% required. Turns out this is pretty easy.

Install Debian Stretch Server. This is the smallest debian-based install you can get, and it is perfect.

Install kodi with `apt-get install kodi`. This is required since it installs the full kodi package. If you try to run Kodi it won't work.

Download `aml-mali-905_5.34_arm64.deb` and `aml-kodi-905_5.34_arm64.deb` from Balbes' folder `Linux/ARMBIAN/deb/5.34`

Install the mali package with `dpkg -i aml-mali-905_5.34_arm64.deb`

Install kodi using `dpkg -i aml-kodi-905_5.34_arm64.deb --force-overwrite`. This will overwrite a bunch of files installed by the regular kodi package. You can then start it up with `kodi`.

Works perfectly for me. I was able to play a ~10gb 1080p mkv movie with DTS passthrough perfectly yesterday. Completely flawless.

So now I can run Kodi, Medusa, Watcher, and Transmission all on one tv box and everything works perfectly.

Comment

HI balbes150,

First of all thanks for all the effort on this project.

I have a H96 pro plus 3/32 Q9377 tv box. I recently installed Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_xfce_201 80225.img without a problem. But Wifi and Ethernet just won't work.

I tried the following

modprobe wifi_dummy

Result: I see the wlan0 now but its not working, can not connect to any network, no scanned networks acting like its dead.

modprobe dhd

Result: I get an error

I could install this image without dtb.img or when I used gxm_q200_3g.dtb renamed to img.dtb. Problem exist either way.

What could be the solution to this netowr issues ?

Comment

Hey all!
            I could definitely use some help booting linux on my Tanix Tx3 max. Have tried pretty much everything. Here's the device https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1509682.html
            Things that might be of note -
            1. The device does not identify a usb device if it is rebooted with device plugged in.
            2. The usb device stops responding ( LED stops flashing ) few seconds into the reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Seljo34 View Post
              HI balbes150,

First of all thanks for all the effort on this project.

I have a H96 pro plus 3/32 Q9377 tv box. I recently installed Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_xfce_201 80225.img without a problem. But Wifi and Ethernet just won't work.

I tried the following

modprobe wifi_dummy

Result: I see the wlan0 now but its not working, can not connect to any network, no scanned networks acting like its dead.

modprobe dhd

Result: I get an error

I could install this image without dtb.img or when I used gxm_q200_3g.dtb renamed to img.dtb. Problem exist either way.

What could be the solution to this netowr issues ?
              use the correct module name.

modprobe qca9377

or

modprobe wlan

Comment

Originally posted by anishb014 View Post
                Hey all!
                I could definitely use some help booting linux on my Tanix Tx3 max. Have tried pretty much everything. Here's the device https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1509682.html
                Things that might be of note -
                1. The device does not identify a usb device if it is rebooted with device plugged in.
                2. The usb device stops responding ( LED stops flashing ) few seconds into the reboot.
                Search for the correct dtb file for Amlogic S905W
                Last edited by balbes150; 03-02-2018, 14:41.

Comment

Search for the correct deb file for Amlogic S905W[/QUOTE]

Hey balbes150,
                  Thanks for replying. Did you mean dtb file? I have been trying to figure out which that is, but have absolutely no idea about a deb file requirement.
                  In case of the former, is there a way to figure out which dtb file might work? Or is trial and error the only way?
                  Really appreciate what you guys have been doing here.
                  Also, Are there any logs I can access?

Update
                  Somewhere I read balbes150 suggest putting a usb device in each port with the image( or something like that ), and it worked.
                  Last edited by anishb014; 02-27-2018, 11:42.

Comment

Yes, it was a typo. You need to look for "dtb".

Comment

I'm trying the "Armbian_5.37_S905_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.79_server_20 180209" on my box but I can't get Wifi to work. I can't get the Wifi to work on any balbes150's Armbian ROMs.

The wifi chip is a RTL8189ETV. The Wifi works fine in LibreELEC.

Comment

balbes150

Using the newest Debian Server image and Kodi .deb files I cannot get Kodi to launch.

The end of the crash log shows this:

Code:
                        03:32:03.439 T:281473492333712  NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic

03:32:03.440 T:281473492333712   ERROR: GetString: error reading /sys/class/display/mode

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712   ERROR: EGL error in InitDisplay: 3003

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712   ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not create display

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system
                        Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by nosmokingbandit View Post
                          balbes150

Using the newest Debian Server image and Kodi .deb files I cannot get Kodi to launch.

The end of the crash log shows this:

Code:
                          03:32:03.439 T:281473492333712 NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic

03:32:03.440 T:281473492333712 ERROR: GetString: error reading /sys/class/display/mode

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712 ERROR: EGL error in InitDisplay: 3003

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712 ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not create display

03:32:03.442 T:281473492333712 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system
                          Any ideas?
                          Install packages aml-mali7 aml-codec

And install the aml-kodi package using the "apt -f" command to install all dependencies for KODI.

Comment

One more thing, balbes150 ,

The 4.16.1 kernel seems to be missing the xt_owner modules for iptables. I haven't looked at anything else, but I wanted you to be aware of this in case something is silently failing when you compile.

Comment

Èç¹ûÊÇÖÐÎľͺÃÁË£¬Ó¢ÎÄ»ù±¾¿´²»¶®

Comment

I'm running one of Balbes's image with Arch linux 3.14.x with Kodi (GPU accelerated) on a P200 board - Amlogic S905 Gigabit ethernet 2GB RAM and Wifi and BT using RTL8723 (no idea which variant of 8723). In lsmod I see that bluetooth and rfcomm is loaded but no wifi. My primary interest is bluetooth audio but if I need to setup wifi as well for troubleshooting/testing along with Bluetooth then I'll do that.

Can someone please provide some advice on how to make and install the drivers for RTL8723 ?

Here is what I've tried so far:

I've downloaded all variants of rtl8723 from http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/ARM/wifi/ and when I try to Make them, they all give me an error (different error for different variants)

**** for RTL8723BU *****
                                make ARCH=aarch64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/3.14.29/build M=/home/ajira/drivers/rtl8723bu modules
                                make[1]: *** /lib/modules/3.14.29/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
                                make: *** [Makefile:322: modules] Error 2

***** for rtl8723BS *****
                                make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- -C /mnt/nfsroot/rongjun.chen/android64/common M=/home/ajira/drivers/rtk8723bs-2016-08-18-090ef42dfa/rtl8723BS modules
                                make[1]: *** /mnt/nfsroot/rongjun.chen/android64/common: No such file or directory. Stop.
                                make: *** [Makefile:1506: modules] Error 2

**** for RTL8723BU *****
                                make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -C ../../../../../../common M=/home/ajira/drivers/rtk8723bu-2016-08-18-c7dbc32038/rtl8723BU modules
                                make[1]: *** ../../../../../../common: No such file or directory. Stop.
                                make: *** [Makefile:1331: modules] Error 2

output of some of the commands from my system:

[ajira@alarm ~]$ lsmod
                                Module Size Used by
                                bnep 11532 2
                                rfcomm 34507 0
                                bluetooth 249320 8 bnep,rfcomm
                                6lowpan_iphc 6031 1 bluetooth
                                mali 231900 5

[ajira@alarm ~]$ bluetoothctl
                                [bluetooth]# power on
                                No default controller available