Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
    Good afternoon Balbes,

I have 3 problems with the newest 2017-06-25 armbian image on my T95U pro(S912 2G)
    - When boots first time I need to pull of an back on the hdmi cable to have signal on it
    - On the desktop there is no video acceleration
    - When I start Kodi, the screen screwed up, and look like as some interlaced problem from the old times. (stripes and desktop showed 4 times mixed in) Kodi won't start after that.

Probably it's all connected to an inproper gpu driver. I copied the vegaS96.dtb to the root to make this linux work, is it a correct dtb for this device?
    Video HW for Linux at S912 is not working yet (KODI will not be able to run).

Comment

Thank you, I hope it will be working sooner or later. You can't use the gpu driver from libreelec on linux desktop? (libreelec with android 7 based linux kernel is in the works)

Comment

Hi,

i've a TV-Box called H96 Pro+ (or "Pro Plus") from an unknown manufacturers, the Start Sceen shows something about "MBOX", with
        - CPU S912
        - 3GB RAM and
        - 32GB Disc Space

I've tried the "Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_KOD I_20170701" Image and some of the included dtb-Files but i haven't found the right one for me.

So i thought, it would be the best idea to extract/obtain/what ever the dtb-File from my Box.
        For that, i've Access to my Box via ssh and a Android-Firmware Img-File for my Box.

I hope it's possible and not so complicated, could someone explain me how to obtain the DTB from my Box or the IMG-File?

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingStar View Post
          Hi,

i've a TV-Box called H96 Pro+ (or "Pro Plus") from an unknown manufacturers, the Start Sceen shows something about "MBOX", with
          - CPU S912
          - 3GB RAM and
          - 32GB Disc Space

I've tried the "Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_KOD I_20170701" Image and some of the included dtb-Files but i haven't found the right one for me.

So i thought, it would be the best idea to extract/obtain/what ever the dtb-File from my Box.
          For that, i've Access to my Box via ssh and a Android-Firmware Img-File for my Box.

I hope it's possible and not so complicated, could someone explain me how to obtain the DTB from my Box or the IMG-File?
          Try running without a cover "dtb.img".

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Try running without a cover "dtb.img".
            When i try running Armbian without the "dtb.img" in the Root Dir it happens the following.
            - the Android-Update App restart the Box
            - i see maybe 3 seconds the bootlogo of the box
            - then it restart again an i see the bootlogo now up to 20 seconds
            After that, the box go off and nothing more happend. And it make no difference if i wait 10 Minutes or 30.

I use a SD-Card to USB Adapter so i can see activity through its flashing LED and it flash in both cases.

Comment

When i try running Armbian without the "dtb.img" in the Root Dir it happens the following.
              - the Android-Update App restart the Box
              - i see maybe 3 seconds the bootlogo of the box
              - then it restart again an i see the bootlogo now up to 20 seconds
              After that, the box go off and nothing more happend. And it make no difference if i wait 10 Minutes or 30.

I use a SD-Card to USB Adapter so i can see activity through its flashing LED and it flash in both cases.
              In this case, you need to look for the correct dtb file.

Comment

In this case, you need to look for the correct dtb file.
                I know and this was the reason why i asked, how to extract the dtb file from the runing system or the Firmware Update File/Image.
                None of the available dtb-files in your Armbian-Image sounds proper for me.

Comment

I know and this was the reason why i asked, how to extract the dtb file from the runing system or the Firmware Update File/Image.
                  None of the available dtb-files in your Armbian-Image sounds proper for me.
                  See the topic on the forum about Armbian s912 (page 3-6).

Comment

See the topic on the forum about Armbian s912 (page 3-6).
                    Good idea, perhaps you have the suitable link of the topic?
                    I havn't found it.

Comment

Good idea, perhaps you have the suitable link of the topic?
                      I havn't found it.

Comment

When you start, in the part where you ask the user and password, I choose root and I accept it but after asking me to change the password tells me
                        "Authentication Token manipulation Error"

I have only tried Ubuntu and Debian
                        in a MXQ Pro 4 K (p201)

The bug is usually resolved with the following command:
                        Mount-0 remount,rw /

But how do I avoid being asked to login to write the command?

Comment

Video HW for Linux at S912 is not working yet (KODI will not be able to run).
                          Libreelec now has a working android 7 kernel (3.14.29). What do you think, is it working with armbian/ubuntu dekstop as well?

Comment

Hi all, I have a Sunvell T95U Pro running Arbian which it seems to be doing very well, its currently installed on a 16GB USB stick. I'm running it headless as a voip PBX. What I would like to do now is get it onto the flash. I have run the install.sh and it tries to boot from the flash but fails, looks like when its going for the root filesystem. Can anyone point me in the direction of any documentation on how to make this happen please or just any tips at all. On a regular x86 I would have no problem if I was stuck at a grub prompt etc, I would work it out but with this device I have no idea where to even begin looking.

Thanks in advance

Daz

Comment

Originally posted by Dios.ongo View Post
                              When you start, in the part where you ask the user and password, I choose root and I accept it but after asking me to change the password tells me
                              "Authentication Token manipulation Error"

I have only tried Ubuntu and Debian
                              in a MXQ Pro 4 K (p201)

The bug is usually resolved with the following command:
                              Mount-0 remount,rw /

But how do I avoid being asked to login to write the command?

1. Check media and try to download and burn the image with a new one.
                              2. The first time you need to change the password "root" in accordance with the rules of password security (not allowed simple passwords).

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post

Libreelec now has a working android 7 kernel (3.14.29). What do you think, is it working with armbian/ubuntu dekstop as well?
                                Part of the patches already used in the kernel for Armbian.

Comment

Working...
                                X