Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Info about parameters in .rc file for services in Android

disabled This service will not automatically start with its class. It must be explicitly started by name.
    oneshot Do not restart the service when it exits.

Here is a reference you can use.
    https://github.com/android/platform_...nit/readme.txt

Comment

I like this mod. Can you do this to the A5? Also A5 is rooted it appears with superSU binary but does not have the permission manager. I tried to install it but then root breaks.

Comment

I've discovered why the extract device setting doesn't work in the customisation tool.

It's looking for data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db which doesn't exist.

Only settings.db-backup does.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
          Uploading now. 689mb orig was 681mb Link in first post should still work. tested root screenshot. This is mostly stock with exception of systemui and framework folder. Should be done in about an hour. Heading to bed. Please let me know of any regressions.

Point me to the firmware and I will do the same tomorrow night.
          Just fired up the ROM for a quick test.

Looks great and most things work well.

Developer options crashes once enabled.
          Going into WiFi advanced options crashes settings.

Will run a more comprehensive test later.

Comment

I'll take a look this evening
            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I'll be firing up the customisation tool myself to see what more can be done.

Comment

Uploading now. 689mb orig was 681mb Link in first post should still work. tested root screenshot. This is mostly stock with exception of systemui and framework folder. Should be done in about an hour. Heading to bed. Please let me know of any regressions.

Here's a link to the nexbox a95x s905x firmware: http://bit.ly/2b9qA4D

Comment

Originally posted by meatheadmike View Post

Here's a link to the nexbox a95x s905x firmware: http://bit.ly/2b9qA4D
                  Crab apples... That was Nexbox a5, not a95x

Comment

I'm not sure where to get the current firmware... but I found a new updated firmware for the nexbox. Is this any good?

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

Comment

Unpacking and repacking these custom ones brings errors on the tool. It will not re pack them for some reason. Just tested a few i made and get the same thing it will unpack them but get errors when re packing. Stock firmware works fine?
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ogopogo View Post

I'm not sure where to get the current firmware... but I found a new updated firmware for the nexbox. Is this any good?

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/
                        Task bar notification there just missing root.

Yes but still no root.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Unpacking and repacking these custom ones brings errors on the tool. It will not re pack them for some reason. Just tested a few i made and get the same thing it will unpack them but get errors when re packing. Stock firmware works fine?
                          I've had a couple of occasions where the tool has given an error after changing something innocuous but not been able to diagnose quite why.

I've also noticed at some points where despite receiving a pack success, the size of the outputted image file has been far smaller than it should be.

On one of those occasions my firewall then suddenly popped up to say that it had denied access despite it having worked time and time again previously.

On the whole though, I have found that it works the majority of the time.

Comment

After you pack once. You have to reopen the one you just packed to make another change. If you pack then make a change then pack again without unpacking the first packed IMG the second img can't be unpacked. Hope this makes sense
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I have found that I can pack again without having to reopen from scratch and also received errors having reopened the packed image from scratch.

But it is not often though, so can live with it.

Comment

I make 3 folders to extract and add lib files. This way all my apk unzipped and extracted to folders just copy and paste ones needed. So one folder apk.zips one for apk and one for extracted lib files.

Comment

Working...
                                X