Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased a Male-to-Male USB cable an hour ago ... can't get the box to recognise on the PC using the Amlogic Burning Tool

* Tried pressing the reset button hole underneath and then plugging the USB in ... Nothing
    * Tried connecting the power adaptor (even though the blue is on via USB) press the reset and connected power ... Nothing
    * Tried 2 other PCs (Win7) ... Nothing same thing

Any advice how to boot into recovery mode ? ... should i be connecting the box via HDMI and doing something in the settings ? eg. Backup/Reset ?

Help gratefully appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
      Thank you for the mod Prahjister! This is a very nice amalgamation of Mini M8S II and TX5 firmware. I'm testing it on the Mini M8S II S905X. Just a few small things that could be better:

1. The installed Superuser doesn't work properly. Using TitaniumBackup most tasks i.e. restoring apps fail. If you install SuperSU v2.76 and have it remove the old Superuser everything works perfectly.

2. The WiFi on the TX5 firmware is less stable than the Mini M8S II stock firmware with Bluetooth disabled. (Bluetooth seems to interfere with WiFi on the Mini M8S II stock firmware. With TX5 firmware (and yours) even if Bluetooth is disabled the speed fluctuates a lot. Test it on fast.com)

3. My custom launcher (based on Minix) seems to crash quite often on this firmware. Nova Launcher crashed a few times while testing as well.

Overall I feel like the Mini M8S II firmware is the best but it also has some issues:

1. The screen brightness needs to be increased around 6 to 7% in the later firmware versions.

2. 20160805 firmware they disabled HDMI CEC as a bandaid fix for the issue where the language switches when you power off and back on. Removing features is a very dirty way to "fix" something...

3. Bluetooth interferes with WiFi performance (speed fluctuates constantly with it enabled). The WiFi/BT chip is either low quality or the lack of a proper antenna is causing the low transfer rate; you have to be very close to the router if you want decent speeds above 10MBPS. I can get over 30MBPS if I'm 5 feet from the router.

I think both firmware have problems syncing refresh rate to the native display Hz, at least in Kodi anyway. (I'll have to check again on the TX5 fw)

If you could fix the issues (even just the brightness) with the Mini M8S II firmware, port the root over and swap Superuser with SuperSU we would have a solid firmware for all compatible devices with the same WiFi/BT chip.
      I really appreciate this excellent feedback. I am just moving files around. I have no access to sdk so limited on what I can do. I can swap su over to supersu. It is early on with this new chip and probably a good idea to let it sit for now except the su change...until a really good firmware comes out. Or if anything else pops up.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        I used areswizard and ares build as kodi gives standard speeds. Once it levels off put the two fingers on it to see if wifi speed increases
        Have you tried letting the flag fly outside the case....

It might be me but the stock firmware on the tanix tx5 pro with the language issues etc....seemed to have better wifi. I asked to see if I could get the old firmware to validate but no response.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
          Purchased a Male-to-Male USB cable an hour ago ... can't get the box to recognise on the PC using the Amlogic Burning Tool

* Tried pressing the reset button hole underneath and then plugging the USB in ... Nothing
          * Tried connecting the power adaptor (even though the blue is on via USB) press the reset and connected power ... Nothing

Any advice how to boot into recovery mode ? ... should i be connecting the box via HDMI and doing something in the settings ? eg. Backup/Reset ?

As I stated before I had to push button in and at the same time I had to put in usb and power plug both cables had to be connected together. took a few tries to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Have you tried letting the flag fly outside the case....

It might be me but the stock firmware on the tanix tx5 pro with the language issues etc....seemed to have better wifi. I asked to see if I could get the old firmware to validate but no response.
            Ya better... I do small mod think the tape ones flaky at best of times. But going to test with blues program but the kodi bench proved this ones issues.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I've had luck using the built in update app. Just feed it an invalid zip (so it doesn't install anything you don't want) and it should kick you in to recovery.

Comment

So .... press the reset button and hold it

and then somehow plug the usb and power in at the same time ... and then let go of the reset button ?

think i need an extra pair of hands

Comment

I was just testing a screen recording app and had a strange result where the on screen overlay to start the recording process was acting in a transparent manner.

It was working OK in the original stock ROM.

Maybe somebody could confirm that it doesn't work for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szpoice2fj...1.0.5.apk?dl=0
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

So .... press the reset button and hold it

and then somehow plug the usb and power in at the same time ... and then let go of the reset button ?

think i need an extra pair of hands
                    I completely remove the box from the TV/monitor so that nothing is connected.

Then lay it flat on it's back where I can use the left hand to do one thing and the right to plug in the cable without anything getting in the way.

Comment

I can also confirm that Titanium Backup does not restore correctly unless SuperSU is installed to replace Superuser.

Comment

Originally posted by meatheadmike View Post

I've had luck using the built in update app. Just feed it an invalid zip (so it doesn't install anything you don't want) and it should kick you in to recovery.
                        thanks mike .. tried that and it did boot into recovery mode but it still does not appear in Amlogic Burning Tool ... so it's probably a Drivers thing will have to try installing the software and drivers again

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          I was just testing a screen recording app and had a strange result where the on screen overlay to start the recording process was acting in a transparent manner.

It was working OK in the original stock ROM.

Maybe somebody could confirm that it doesn't work for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szpoice2fj...1.0.5.apk?dl=0
                          Just tried freezes doesn't work
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Also try using different USB ports on your PC as these can often be found to have varying results.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

Just tried freezes doesn't work
                              Cheers.

I thought that I was seeing things.

Just seems that the overlay sits there but doesn't really exist.

Comment

Blues tomorrow me you get to clean up pharjisters thread. We all over place lets keep it to this rom install issue put in another section.. I ask guys to put

Comment

Working...
                                X