Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool/Acemax KI PRO SCV1 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

    Yes can be fixed, in a future update!
    superceleron

    great!! I know you are very busy but I hope it’s soon as this is my only choice for watching tv and my wife is not impressed at the moment having no DTV app on the home screen, I may have to revert back to stock until the your update and fixes are done. Thanks once again superceleron for all you have done.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Jake360 View Post

      superceleron

      great!! I know you are very busy but I hope it’s soon as this is my only choice for watching tv and my wife is not impressed at the moment having no DTV app on the home screen, I may have to revert back to stock until the your update and fixes are done. Thanks once again superceleron for all you have done.
      If you use DTV like me, you can start from the DTV settings, or by pressing the DTV button on the remote and press 2 or 3 times exit and enter DTV.
      Greetings.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by cataplas View Post

        If you use DTV like me, you can start from the DTV settings, or by pressing the DTV button on the remote and press 2 or 3 times exit and enter DTV.
        Greetings.
        thanks, got DTV to auto start just after boot, I use a Logitech harmony remote and have set up a button to open DTV

        Comment


          #19
          Many thanks, when my Chinese faux PS3 controllers didn't work, I installed your ROM to fix and now they both do. (both are hid-sony, one cable only and one with NOT-bluetooth wireless dongle - registers as "Gaisa" and the other as "Generic" gamepad)


          Note: You linked the "KIII Pro" at gearbest, not the "KI Pro"! I have just a KI Pro.

          There are a few obvious differences to the KIII Pro, namely that the remote is not identical. https://www.amazon.com/HappyCow-MECO...dp/B0787R9R8H/


          I found the following issues (not all are related to bugs to blame on you):

          - SNES9x EX+ is broken (it probably was before too, with the stock ROM, but I didn't test that far). It seems to run at 2x speed most times, and the input from any device doesn't, so input lags behind by several seconds if not up to 30 seconds when you just keep mashing buttons really fast on the gamepad. Any game is unplayable this way. I figured, it is due to the 60Hz-only modes that the box supports. My TV is 30Hz anyway ... is there any way to also include the 30Hz modes in your ROM? I can't imagine, that the GPU doesn't support them. Plus: getting rid of 50% of the frames saves a ton of GPU power, probably doubles it. This would be really really beneficial to have.

          - I downloaded music, but in your ROM it doesn't show in the music app anymore. I use Kodi now to play music as a workaround.

          - The KI Pro has an "APPS" button, where the mute button is on the KIII Pro. This button no longer works in your ROM. Tried a bunch of button-mapping apps but none seem to be capable to actually do it.

          - The whatever-it-was Kodi/FTMC from the stock ROM on the "KI Pro" already had default repositories for Falcon Ultra TV, Pornhub, and shit like that - so you could install those most easily. In your ROM it took quite some time, to grab and install all those from all over the place on the net where I found them. Any chance, to make it as easy as it was before?

          - A/V desync/lag, do you have it? Does the stock ROM have it? I didn't test this extensively, but the internet-streamed TV channels in Kodi regularly show a 100ms lag of the video, its not perfectly lip-sync. I don't know if that is normal, never had a TV box before.


          I don't know how I can fix those issues manually, can someone explain or throw a few buzz words I can google? I spent two days configuring the new ROM, I don't want to start all over again...
          Last edited by C0MPAQ; 12-19-2017, 01:42.

          Comment


            #20
            superceleron do you have under your hand the usid.ini file for this meccol KI Pro.?
            thanks


            Comment


            #21
            "
            • ,Added google cast, ( Will only work with youtube... )"

            Dumb question, to cast, do I need something? running? on KI before I can cast?

            Just tried from Nexus 7 YouTube, says there is a problem connecting KI

            Comment


              #22
              Originally posted by abbots View Post
              "
              • ,Added google cast, ( Will only work with youtube... )"

              Dumb question, to cast, do I need something? running? on KI before I can cast?

              Just tried from Nexus 7 YouTube, says there is a problem connecting KI
              Hi!,
              I have the same problem in my Xiaomi mi 6 and LG G3, I update youtube from playstore and I still get the same problem.

              Only work when I connect from my computer whith Google Chrome (Versión 63.0.3239.108 (Build oficial) (64 bits)).

              Comment


                #23
                Hi all!
                What about PS3 controller wireless using sixaxis controller method? Well, it needs root...but could it work? And Netflix, will not work with root?
                Thanks!

                Comment


                  #24
                  Originally posted by juancabu93 View Post
                  Hi all!
                  What about PS3 controller wireless using sixaxis controller method? Well, it needs root...but could it work? And Netflix, will not work with root?
                  Thanks!
                  my Netflix works with root, I used Magisk to root

                  Comment


                    #25
                    Originally posted by Jake360 View Post

                    my Netflix works with root, I used Magisk to root
                    • Unrooted ( Yes now you can install magisk or whatever you use to root, use the included "Update" app to flash it! )
                    I'm tempted to do that, do you simply download latest Magisk to device, then, use Update app from local storage ? or how did you do it , thanks for advice

                    another dumb Q:
                    what do I use to set an app to start up on power up ?

                    thanks, V

                    Comment


                      #26
                      Originally posted by abbots View Post



                      I'm tempted to do that, do you simply download latest Magisk to device, then, use Update app from local storage ? or how did you do it , thanks for advice

                      another dumb Q:
                      what do I use to set an app to start up on power up ?

                      thanks, V
                      Yes download Magisk and use update app local

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Anyway we can remap the EPG and DTV buttons on the remote? They seem to open the Live Channels app instead of the DTV app.

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by MR_H View Post
                          Anyway we can remap the EPG and DTV buttons on the remote? They seem to open the Live Channels app instead of the DTV app.
                          Sorry but no... i will fix that in the next build.

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Originally posted by abbots View Post
                            "
                            • ,Added google cast, ( Will only work with youtube... )"

                            Dumb question, to cast, do I need something? running? on KI before I can cast?

                            Just tried from Nexus 7 YouTube, says there is a problem connecting KI
                            You have to link manually for it to work, since the cast doesn’t work very well (at least for me on iOS)

                            Open YouTube on the box, go to settings and get the pairing code. Open the youtube app on the phone, go to settings, press watch on TV, and enter the pairing code.

                            Its a temp fix and it should come under casting as “YouTube TV” instead of “KI Pro”

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Are you happy with the new Rom SCV1 ATV?
                              Do you recommend to update?
                              What problems do you have?
                              Epg 7days in dtb-s2 or not?
                              Cpu hot?

                              Thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X