Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

hmm it's weird, try with another sdcard, it should work.
    Sorry, but nothing help. No recovery and always the bootlogo. Thanks for help, I think it get into the garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Sir I asked in libreELEC forum and there I read that tanix is a good device. I checked out tanix tx5 plus it has great specs but seems on presale yet. But it has not been mentioned anywhere on freaktab. Its a S905X2 device. and the ram mentioned on gearbest is LPDDR4 but on Aliexpress, DDR3 is mentioned. I don't understand which is correct. Sir is tanix a good box? Tanix seem to say they have widevine L1 support also although it was not implemented in tx3 because AMLogic SoC s905w didn't support it. Is it supported in tanix tx5 plus?

A clarification: Tanix tx5 plus as it is named on various review sites, its link redirects to tanix tx5 max on gearbest and on searching gearbest, tx5 plus is not found. Its found on Aliexpress but Aliexpress shows DDR3 ram and LPDDR4.
      LibreELEC OR CoreELEC do not support any of the newer Amlogic SoC's like the S905X2 or S905Y2. I am not sure about Tanix, I have never had one.........
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Update (reviving my bricked X96 Max): I figured out the fix. I installed on a blank formatted micro SD card the extracted files from this zip file (containing 4 items for a TWRP recovery image and a boot up menu for the X96 Max):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJY...w?usp=drivesdk

and then I also copied onto the same micro SD card the OTA zip file from jiangsai0703 in post 53. (I kept it zipped, I didn't extract it). This is the OTA zip:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Download the U211 OTA zip file.

I then put the micro sd card into the X96. I then plugged in the power while pushing the AV recessed reset button for a minute. The TWRP then loaded, and then I used the install from zip file option to which I pointed it to the ota zip file located on the micro SD card. I swiped the slider to the right to flash the data. It installed perfectly. Rebooted and the X96 came back to life. Thank goodness.

My original question below:
        Help! I have a X96 Max 4/64. It was working fine until I installed SuperSU (normal install). After it restarted, it seems to be bricked and I'm stuck at the X96 Max logo. I then did the toothpick in the AV hole trick to get to the Android menu. I then tried a wipe/factory reset. No luck, upon restart I'm still stuck at the boot screen. Please if someone would be so kind as to help guide me what I can do to unbrick it. Thanks.
        Last edited by Venusflytrap; 10-15-2019, 13:54.

Comment

T
          Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

LibreELEC OR CoreELEC do not support any of the newer Amlogic SoC's like the S905X2 or S905Y2. I am not sure about Tanix, I have never had one.........
          Thank you

Comment

Hi was interested in this box for the price and spec looks really good, hope ATV oreo rom will be made for this

Comment

HELLO can you remember me what is DRM with this box ??

Comment

As Found not tested
                Hey guys,
                Glad to share the firmware for X96 MAX TV Box

Note: This firmware is suitable for X96 MAX 4GB/64GB and 4GB/32GB TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/5c1ckxl8676z1p3/X96_MAX_20181219.img/file

SD Flash Firmware

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/5vkdsm5maw3we/X96_MAX_20181219.zip

Flash guide, please refer to:

Dear All, In response to  the successive inquiries from our respected customers, we have concluded a complete set of Flash Tutorials and Tools for Android TV Boxes with Amlogic, Rockchip and Allwinner CPUs respectively, including PC Upgrade/SD Upgrade Tutorials&Notes as well as PC Upgrade Tools&Driver.  Please be sure to proceed according to your CPU Model.   A: PC […]

Have fun!

The post X96 MAX Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 TV Box Firmware Update 20181219 .
                blog.geekbuying
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks tЯeboЯ, that's very useful.

I wonder what the "target files package zip" file does. It's a large file, 1.93GB. (It's packaged in the SD firmware update along with the recovery image and the ota firmware files)

Comment

Originally posted by frenkovka View Post
                    Can somebody explain to me what brand is X96? Who is manufacturer?
                    I don't want to buy another noname box as I did with H96 Pro Plus, because then every box has different parts in it, which makes finding and flashing correct fimware a real nightmare.
                    I believe it's made by Shenzhen DragonWorth Technology Co. Ltd.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Their website: https://szdragonworth.m.en.alibaba.c...73f14d8fJ4ZzXy

Comment

Hi,
                      I have a X96 MAX 4GB/64GB Android TV Box. It works fine but there is a problem: I can not permanently set SPDIF as an audio output. In "Droid Settings" - "Audio output" submenu SPDIF doesn't remain in "On" position when I leave the menu and in this way SPDIF doesn't work in any apps.
                      Do you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by zizzeno View Post
                        Hi,
                        I have a X96 MAX 4GB/64GB Android TV Box. It works fine but there is a problem: I can not permanently set SPDIF as an audio output. In "Droid Settings" .... Snip
                        I just tried it on mine for you. I have the same issue, it won't save the SPDIF setting once I exit the Droid Settings. Mind you I don't have a SPDIF setup. Perhaps the receiver that it's hooked up to has to be turned on and TOSLINK inserted in the box in order for it to activate on the X96 Max? Just a thought. Although I'm leaning towards it being a firmware bug.
                        ​​
                        Last edited by Venusflytrap; 12-30-2018, 04:03.

Comment

Well folks I bought the max x96 and I have a problem with the ethernet input ... That is because the Wi-Fi box loads everything (including streams), if you connect it by cable it loads me the videos on YouTube but it does not load streams at all ... It does not open my iptv list and in kodi it takes to load any movie ... I already installed the last update and the problem continues ... I test the internet and give the maximum values ​​... I can download applications at maximum speed ... The problem is only in streams ... List iptv and kodi ... Can someone help me with how to solve this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Systemdown666 View Post
                            Well folks I bought the max x96 and I have a problem with the ethernet input ...snip...
                            I have no solution. It's disappointing that the companies who sell these boxes fail to work out the bugs before they're sold to the public.

I did notice a couple of other X96 Max users also commented that they had the same ethernet issue (they posted it on the forum for XDA developers. No answers there yet either)
                            Last edited by Venusflytrap; 12-31-2018, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Systemdown666 View Post
                              Well folks I bought the max x96 and I have a problem with the ethernet input ... That is because the Wi-Fi box loads everything (including streams), if you connect it by cable it loads me the videos on YouTube but it does not load streams at all ... It does not open my iptv list and in kodi it takes to load any movie ... I already installed the last update and the problem continues ... I test the internet and give the maximum values ​​... I can download applications at maximum speed ... The problem is only in streams ... List iptv and kodi ... Can someone help me with how to solve this bug?
                              Could be a driver issue (like a driver setting) or a kernel problem, i saw nothing particularly different from s905x device regarding ethernet, in kernel stuffs but i found the ethernet port a little bit tricky.
                              Anyway test my rom (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...568#post755568) to see if the problem is in drivers (i used different drivers).
                              Anyway to colelct data and understand if we can solve it try to connect thru adb and look in logcat during streaming if some error or problem comes out : "logcat -v color | grep eth" or without "| grep eth" to get the full logcat
                              Last edited by Xannytech; 12-31-2018, 13:36.

Comment

Regards early adopers :-)

I bought this box in the hope, that in one year or so, that Core/Libre Elec will be available for S905X2 devices.
                                Until then, I wanted to use Kodi Leia on Android.

Now I'm shocked that neither HD-Soundtracks like Atmos or DTS-X nor the framerate adaption works.
                                I have tried some images including the Magendanz Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1) from today. Tnx Magendanz!
                                All versions are 32 bit compiled systems with missing a lot of things like IEC passthrough, CEC, framerate adaption ...

My very old mede8er box based on a Realtek RTD1186 chipset did this ages ago. This boxes are older then the HD audio formats but they are able to pass through even this.

Whatever, it seems i have to wait until Core/Libre Elec supports S905X2 devices.

In the meantime, I have installed Pyload, Samba and NFS-Sever via Entware on it.
                                With Gbit Ethernet and the USB3 port this box is a good download and NAS station. I have measured transfer rates of 55 MB/s back and forth.

TMM
                                Last edited by tmm; 12-31-2018, 13:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X