MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zahir
    netflix gives service unreachable error at startup (15002)

Comment

Drat! The app works fine at this end, so the blockage is with your box, I'm afraid.. The only thing left would be to reboot your router to see if that's where you're blocked.

Perhaps the process of installing other roms broke something, and the new fix might still work on an "unmolested" box.

I do regret I can't help you in your situation

Comment

Thank you for your work .. I will watch as netflix 540p ..

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Noted mine has L1 with HDCP 1.x... Will try

Comment

OK!

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                It has long bothered me that some Mecool KM3 users have not been able to utilize the Netflix fix that I shared some time ago, while many more have. Since my box is one of those that cooperates with the fix, I haven't been able to trace the problem, which is likely related to Mecool's inconsistent designs. Several users have expressed their frustration with this situation.

I may shortly have a modest alternative for such KM3 users.

I have been able to modify a mobile version of the app to exploit Widevine L1 and run in Full HD. This mod doesn't depend on spoofing a Fire Stick or other device, and may therefore work on KM3s that don't take kindly to that approach.

There are two downsides: first, (and this isn't really a downside) you will need an air mouse or some pointing device for navigation as this is the mobile app. Second, there is a slight audio sync delay on some programs. It's very slight and not enough of an issue to spoil viewing for me, but it's there. I'm working to reduce it so that it's not noticeable at all.

I need a couple of volunteers who have not been able to get the original fix working to test my new alternative and report back.here. Do please recognize that I cannot guarantee it'll work on your boxes. I have used it on mine all morning, and believe that currently this is the only way to get Full HD Netflix on the KM3 without using my original fix. But although I have uninstalled my original fix files, I cannot be sure that they didn't change the box's configuration and made it receptive to this new mod. That is why we need to test the mod on a box that hasn't worked with the original fix.

If two/three volunteers step up, we can go from there. Ideally, your KM3 will be running the original factory firmware so that our test results are reproducible for others.
                Thank you for the effort mr. Zahir. Even for trying to fix it is such a big thing for all of us. I?m still waiting for a proper fix since I want to use the white and red netflix app because its very nice looking and we dont need air mouse for it. Also I guess it can play 4K. But I have also discovered awhile ago by myself the 1080p netflix app that is recently posted here and it?s working very good for me but the UI is not 100% nice so Id still prefer the YABLIO fix method. But who am I to complain lol. I?m not losing hope that someday there is a fix that we can use the white red netflix.

Comment

Thanks for the nice words. Yes. the ATV app is more user-friendly and represents the ideal. Still, workarounds based on the mobile app do bring HD streams in reach of users who would not otherwise have access. Glad you've found your own. If you get a minute, perhaps you might send me a link in my inbox to the one you're using so that I can compare it with mine?
                  Last edited by Zahir; 08-10-2019, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                    Thanks for the nice words. Yes. the ATV app is more user-friendly and represents the ideal. Still, workarounds based on the mobile app do bring HD streams in reach of users who would not otherwise have access. Glad you've found your own. If you get a minute, perhaps you send me a link in my inbox to the one you're using so that I can compare it with mine?
                    Sure. I?ll be sending it to you once I?m home. It?s my birthday by the way so kinda busy lol.

Comment

I reset the box again yesterday to attempt (4th) again at installin the 2 NETFLIX apk without success yesterday. I realised my box is unable to connect via ethernet hence i gotta fall back on 5gh b4 and after reset. I suspect maybe its the CAT6 cable or anyone else having the same issue?

Also anyone has the latest firmware think mine is still original firmware dated 200319

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm interested with this box especially for 2 features : Netflix 4K (thanks for your great job Zahir) and Chromecast compatibility.
                        I read some reviews talking about some Chromecast limitations but with no further details.
                        Could you please explain me what are these limitations?
                        Thanks.
                        Cheers from Reunion Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Dicentim View Post
                          Hi,
                          I'm interested with this box especially for 2 features : Netflix 4K (thanks for your great job Zahir) and Chromecast compatibility.
                          I read some reviews talking about some Chromecast limitations but with no further details.
                          Thanks.
                          I never had problems with the chromecast, but do not count with Netflix 4K and not Neflix HD at all. You'll get Netflix 540 at max. I tried the 2 apps solutions and worked for some time but then after a few days, not working anymore.

Comment

Hi,
                            Thanks.
                            Going by posts on here I think you'll have better luck or a better chance with Netflix on the KM9 Pro then the Km3.

Comment

Hum thanks for your answers.
                              Not easy to choose every box has its downsides :
                              - KM3 : Netflix 4k seems hasardeous.
                              - KM9 pro : wifi seems terrible.
                              I'm afraid I'll make the safe choice : going for the Xiaomi Mi Box S, at least I'm sure Netflix 4K will be ok.

Comment

Hum thanks for your answers.
                                Not easy to choose every box has its downsides :
                                - KM3 : Netflix 4k seems hasardeous.
                                - KM9 pro : wifi seems terrible.
                                I'm afraid I'll make the safe choice : going for the Xiaomi Mi Box S, at least I'm sure Netflix 4K will be ok.
                                You not wrong there and I wish I'd gone that route too on getting a Mi box, bit I stored my WiFi by picking a WiFi channel in my router as the KM9 doesn't like it if channels change to much which my router does a lot on auto and it really doesn't like the high channel like 100+ so put my router on channel 40 and my WiFi on 5g as been solid as a rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X