Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
    I would of liked to seen both top and bottom bars in the rom too but no big deal breaker
    The problem with the status bar on Android TV is that it uses notifications in creative ways to populate the launcher recommendations. The result is that you see a ton of bogus notifications in the status bar, and most folks just don't like to see that. The "pure" Android TV experience in the Nexus Player and nVidia Shield TV also has no status bar.

I'm not sure why the drag-up navigation bar stops working in Android TV, though, and will investigate. I might be able to tweak some code there to re-enable it.

Comment

Thanks xyrnox for sharing this since I own same device and thought bout flashing

Comment

Got my gt1 mini today and thinking of flashing this rom.
        Is it possible to intall magisk and modded youtube(non tv-version)?

I'd imagine magisk would install fine but the modded youtube not so sure.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          There's an OEM root access feature that Beelink added that might cause problems with Magisk, but you can definitely mod your heart out because TWRP is included.

Well I installed the nano version as I have some apps I need that are not available for androidTV.
        Thank you for these roms ☺️

Comment

To enable navbars you can add one line to build.prop:
          qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Comment

Great work
            This is my first tv box so it was all new for me, but very easy to install using Burn Card Maker
            The ROM works fine, just some little issues like the internal video player and the remote control app

Comment

Great work magendanz,
              work it with both version (32GB/64GB)?
              İs chromecast working?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, DTBs are there for both configurations. Chromecast is still not working, though. That likely won't be possible because the device is not certified.

Hey Magendanz please help,
              I want to buy me a new box but i am not sure the

T95Q
              Beelink GT1 mini
              Mecool KM9
              Mi Box 3 or 4
              Fire TV Stick 4K

I have no idea yet please your opinion... (70$ max)
              Chromecast or Miracast is must have and android tv is better to have.
              Last edited by yanardag; 01-19-2019, 15:39.

Comment

I flashed this on a T95Q, everything is fine but the remote has stopped working. Is there anyway I can back up my remote.conf from original and transfer it over to this rom?

Great work btw.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Amlogic SDK for Nougat and later has the remote codes hardcoded into the device tree (dtb). Probably the easiest workaround is to swap the _aml_dtb.PARTITION from your original T95Q firmware.

The Shiningworth firmware on Nougat made the effort to revert back to the old remote.conf system, which made things much easier. However, I haven't seen one based on Oreo yet.

Originally posted by yanardag View Post
                Hey Magendanz please help,
                I want to buy me a new box but i am not sure the

T95Q
                Beelink GT1 mini
                Mecool KM9
                Mi Box 3 or 4
                Fire TV Stick 4K

I have no idea yet please your opinion... (70$ max)
                Chromecast or Miracast is must have and android tv is better to have.
                if you need Chromecast better go for device thats officially certified like Mi Box or Firestick 4k

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. We're unlikely to get Google Cast working without device certification, and Amlogic's Miracast app hasn't been ported yet to Oreo.

Hmmmm ok
                Fire TV Stick 4k (45?) or Mi BOX 4 (70?)

Comment

Hello sir,
                  I tried your rom on my h96 max x2 device. The rom boots up and after 5 minutes of Nexus logo, it reaches remote pairing and then language selection, proceeding to network, it shows connect to wps but doesn't detect my network, wifi or ethernet. So the rom seems to be working but there is no option to skip network and move forward. I understand this rom is not built for my device so it doesn't have wifi mac license keys. My question is can I port your rom for my device for personal use? If yes, is there a guide to rom porting because I cant find anything apart from mobile rom porting guides.

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, your device probably uses a different wireless chipset. Unfortunately, you'd need to add modules to the kernel to support your hardware, and it's not just a matter of updating kernel modules in the system or vendor partition. To do that, you'll need source.

flashed this on my X96 MAX 4/64GB version, working perfectly except one thing, auto frame rate switching
                  first i installed spmc but it crashes when i try to play any video format (x264 or x265) after that i tried kodi, it seems it's working great, plays everything just i don't have auto frame rate switching option in android
                  is this feature implemented in this rom? or is there any possibility to enable it?
                  thank you very much

Comment

If source means stock firmware, i could provide the link?

Comment

Sorry for the noob questions... I flashed this to my T95Q and all went well. I downloaded the update zip file but don't know how t apply it. I extracted to a usb drive. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X