Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/LIST]Known Bugs:[LIST][*]Android TV Remote Control service will pair, but keeps dropping the connection.[*]Google Cast Receiver broadcasts, but will not connect.

Hi Magedanz
    Is there a way to fix the ATV remote ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not aware of a fix yet, but it's on my list. ;-)

Is this ROM better than the official ATV that came with my Mecool KM9 with the remote with voice commands?
    Will ATV 9.0 go out for our KM9? Will Mecool officially send an update for ATV 9.0?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      They've released better ATV 9.0 firmware for the KM3 and KM9 Pro which can be flashed on the old KM9. However, because some of the private keys installed at the factory are missing on the older devices, you won't have some features that require certification, such as Google Cast, YouTube TV and Netflix. Still, I personally think the new ROMs are a distinct improvement and several other apps seem to be working better on Pie.

I've already posted the KM3 OEM firmware that I received this week from the factory. It runs fine on the KM9 and you should expect new custom ROMs based on it soon.

Can I actually install the rom on a beelink gt1 Mini?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question. The odds are good, considering that they're based off the same Amlogic reference board...but I haven't tried it yet. Anyone want to give it a go?

is there a way to get root access or root in general on this rom thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No, not until we figure a way to work around Android Verified Boot. The general strategy for this is to modify the fstab in the dtb (which is what Magisk does), but that hasn't worked for me yet. I'm still investigating, though.

thanks for clearing things up and for for the pm reply as well enjoy your weekend

Comment

Hi, love your work Magendanz. I purchases a couple of KM9's last month. Came with non ATV Android Pie 9. I flash them both to this ROM, and they worked perfectly for about 2 weeks. Now they just hang at the android boot screen. One went then a few days later the second did the same thing. Have you come across this? I have been hunting the original ATV 8.1 FW and now hunting the new ATV 9 FW (for the KM9 Pro) but haven't been able to find either. Can you point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by legalis View Post
        Hi, love your work Magendanz. I purchases a couple of KM9's last month. Came with non ATV Android Pie 9. I flash them both to this ROM, and they worked perfectly for about 2 weeks. Now they just hang at the android boot screen. One went then a few days later the second did the same thing. Have you come across this? I have been hunting the original ATV 8.1 FW and now hunting the new ATV 9 FW (for the KM9 Pro) but haven't been able to find either. Can you point me in the right direction?
        I has same issue i went into recovey Mode and wiped cache and dalvilk and it worked again or you can flash the rom again and check erase all

Comment

ok so is this a bug in the rom or in android 8.1 in general so i install all my apps every app i use movies tv shows live tv and iptv service heres the problem all apps take up lets say 28% of the storage no without installing anything else every few hours videos start lagging rather stuttering i dont know how i found out but i leave the application go to settings more settings and my storage is full to 98% i clear cache i close all apps go back to settings and theres no change still at 98% restart the device it goes back to 28% or what ever i noticed it happens mainly with the iptv service and yes i know about apps cache and movie and tv apps downloading instead of playing but i dont do any of that infact i deny permissions to the storage on most if not all apps any suggestions thanks in advance

Comment

empty chromecast data.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, future releases will pull the Google Cast the APK because it fills up available storage with logs when run on a device that's not Google certified. You can do it yourself manually in TWRP File Manager.

Guest i sent you root files and tutorial anyway so can i just uninstall or remove the cast apk being that im rooted? thanks Guest and Agronur peace

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, just delete /system/priv-app/AndroidMediaShell. You should also delete its folder in the /data/app directory, since that's where all the logs get stored. (Might have to search around for it. I don't know if I recalled the correct path.)

again thanks Guest

Comment

Hi Magendanz!

If it's possible, could you PLEASE port this ROM to Mecool KM9 Pro?? The default launcher isn't as good as the one make (Nexus).

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                The problem is that we haven't cracked AVB 2.0 on the Android Pie ROMs yet. None of the usual tricks have worked, so we're looking for someone clever to do some magic.

Guest Does it have to be Android Pie? Won't it work if I use Android 8 (Oreo) instead? For instance this ROM?
              ​​​​​And will this ROM work for Mecool KM9 Pro? If yes, do you think Google cast would still function?

Comment

I am stuck at the NEXUS screen. My TV keeps changing input. I feel like the device restarts its self and it does not bypass the NEXUS screen. What gives? I use Bqeel Android TV Box Y4 MAX device

Comment

Originally posted by redlehramos View Post
                  Hy, i have a problem with the install. I send a image with the problem.
                  Can someone help me?

Thanks.

I have this exact same result with OTA. I then tried the USB Burning tool, it gets stuck at 7%, I made an SD card with Burn Card Maker and the img file, didn't work. I booted TWRP on an sd card and tried flashing the OTA, "got error: 7". Tried signing the OTA zip with sign-em, still no luck. It's driving me crazy! lol

The only theory I have that would make sense is that I just got my KM9 today and it might be a different version: it says V1.20190220.151755 test keys at the top of the recovery screen and in the about section.

All advice is very welcome, and thank you for your work

UPDATE.- I found an older version of the KM9 FW, which I flashed with USB Burning Tool, and from there I was able to install this. All good but TBH I find it infuriating that Netflix has blocked these devices and many other apps are not supported. Is there a rom for KM9 based on simple Tablet FW? I'm ok with using a mouse if it'll allow me to have any app I want.

Thank you!
                  Last edited by El_Edge; 05-27-2019, 04:03.

Comment

Working...
                  X