[ROM] Spartan_ROM ATV S905X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
    Im uploading T95Q SPartan Rom v2, and it boots i had someone test it but thats all i know for sure hopefully the new wifi works as well enjoy all you t95q new revision boxes
    LAN is working too there or just wi fi?

Comment

Originally posted by hman89 View Post

LAN is working too there or just wi fi?
      I believe both its based off t95q firnware for new revision boxes

Comment

markshane will you try the h96maxX2 build? I have to look for my male-male cable....

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
          markshane will you try the h96maxX2 build? I have to look for my male-male cable....
          Hi soldiaz , I want to check it out but I'm afraid to lose my config again if something messes up. Is there any way to take a backup of your port of Minixfreak OS v4 before I flash the H96 Max version of Sparatan OS and just restore if the box gets bricked again? Currently we have Eid Holidays where I live till Sunday so I don't want to mess my setup as I have a lot of things to watch this week before work begins

Comment

Originally posted by markshane View Post

Hi soldiaz , I want to check it out but I'm afraid to lose my config again if something messes up. Is there any way to take a backup of your port of Minixfreak OS v4 before I flash the H96 Max version of Sparatan OS and just restore if the box gets bricked again? Currently we have Eid Holidays where I live till Sunday so I don't want to mess my setup as I have a lot of things to watch this week before work begins
            I would also like to know, I tried to do it through twrp, he can even make the backup, but he fails to restore

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post

I would also like to know, I tried to do it through twrp, he can even make the backup, but he fails to restore
              Didnt know that this was possible! Which TWRP u use?

TWRP is the only way I know......

Oh, or fastboot! But I do not know how to get into fastboot mode....

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

Didnt know that this was possible! Which TWRP u use?

TWRP is the only way I know......

Oh, or fastboot! But I do not know how to get into fastboot mode....
                twrp version 3.2.1 (Android 8.1), works perfectly (backup and restore), however twrp version 3.3.1 (Android 9), the backup works but the restoration fails.

*tested in t95q old version

Comment

Hi soldiaz , I found the TWRP which works with HK1 Play from (https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewt...b0b18abbf8428e) ver3.2.2 and was able to successfully take a backup. But as now Arthur mentioned that he wasn't able to successfully restore, well I guess I will need to check it out as I've not yet tried to restore by Box.

So just to give a feedback to minixfreak on the Spartan ROM, below are my observations:

1. ROM runs smooth and boots up fine, but I'm not sure why, the picture quality compared to Minixfreak OS v4 (videos on YouTube & KODI) seems to be a little blurry, not sharp enough and with jagged edges/jaggies (gamers might know these, they are like Anti-Aliasing settings switched off) where text and other things have the staircase effect. Let me know if there is any setting to smooth things out or is it just my imagination?

2. Google Play doesn't seem to update to the latest version. In Minixfreak OS v4, I used to go to Google Play and click on version multiple times and a message used to pop-up saying upgrading to latest version, but here it says no updates available. Not getting the latest Playstore interface.

3. Not sure if it has to do with Play store update, but I'm not able to update Kodi to v18.7, stuck on v18.6 which comes default. Tried from Play store and Aptoide, but both show no updates available. I downloaded the APK from Kodi website as well and tried to install it successfully but still no update to 18.7

4. When I switch off the box, the connected external HDD (2TB & 500GB) don't turn off and keep blinking as if the box is still on, not sure it has to do with ROM or the box itself.

I'll update any more findings after using extensively.

Comment

Thanks for Information! Well, we need restore function :-(

Did you flash any zips? I would love to have Magisk root....

markshane your on Spartan OS now?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
                      is the first custom ROM that I test that the leds work
                      Unfortunately, the T95Q ROM does not work on my old version of the t95q, I will have to stay at version 8.1 ... minixfreak, could you tell me how can I make the led work on my custom ROM 8.1?

Comment

I have the h96 max x2 box and in TWRP the controls do not work or I do not know what buttons to press, only the on / off button that is to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by carlero View Post
                          I have the h96 max x2 box and in TWRP the controls do not work or I do not know what buttons to press, only the on / off button that is to confirm.
                          Use a mouse.

Comment

Hello,

does this can work for

H96 MAX X2 4GB/32GB - s905x2_8ddr3_v02

DDR3 version ?

please see image:

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bundyboy View Post
                              Hello,

does this can work for

H96 MAX X2 4GB/32GB - s905x2_8ddr3_v02

DDR3 version ?

please see image:

thank you
                              Yes, it does work. Just download for H96 Max and flash using USB Burning Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by markshane View Post

Yes, it does work. Just download for H96 Max and flash using USB Burning Tool.
                                ok. thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X