No announcement yet.

[ROM] Spartan_ROM ATV S905X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some things use cpu and some things use gpu so the process not so heavy on one thing

Comment

Originally posted by thekkverma View Post

Hello Manoj,
      i also have same H96 Max S905X2 box...while installing this rom through USB burning tool, i was getting error at 3% with normal configration...when i experimented with configration by unchecking erase bootloader or choosing erase all, i was able to install firmware but it bricked the device (it started showing dim red light and was not booting or connecting to laptop)...i unbricked it by holding pins and installing old firmware...i am new in this, please guide me regarding USB burning tool version, configration and process for flashing the rom...thanks
      1- download and install usb burning tool v 2.1.7.0 from www.h96tvbox.com with proper licence as shown in on the site and let the drivers properly load while installing usb tool
      2- when you open usb burning tool and attatch usb cable to your box you should be able to see connect success on the tool if not there is something wrong with drivers dont use windows 10 there is some issue use windows 7 it should show connect success
      3- dont uncheck bootloader or erase all option let it remain as it is only just tick whether overwrite keys to yes
      4- go to install image check proper image press start then connect usb in to box wait till you hear voice of laptop connecting box once, wait have patience it may take 3 to 5 minutes for burning 100% , once shows 100 % burning success then pull usb from box out then press close button on usb burning tool , now connect box to your tv and go to recovery via av/ toothpick for flashing init.d fix as given in the build . do it twice as minixfreak has explained .
      5. repeat the usb flashing if it is not flashing or touch toothpick to av hole reset button while usb flashing if not connecting or not start flashing
      6- there are different versions of h96 max x2 on h96tvbox site check your original version then download proper usb burning tool which is related to your version mine was 4/64 , 8ddr3 ,

Comment

Originally posted by manoj136 View Post

1- download and install usb burning tool v 2.1.7.0 from www.h96tvbox.com with proper licence as shown in on the site and let the drivers properly load while installing usb tool
        2- when you open usb burning tool and attatch usb cable to your box you should be able to see connect success on the tool if not there is something wrong with drivers dont use windows 10 there is some issue use windows 7 it should show connect success
        3- dont uncheck bootloader or erase all option let it remain as it is only just tick whether overwrite keys to yes
        4- go to install image check proper image press start then connect usb in to box wait till you hear voice of laptop connecting box once, wait have patience it may take 3 to 5 minutes for burning 100% , once shows 100 % burning success then pull usb from box out then press close button on usb burning tool , now connect box to your tv and go to recovery via av/ toothpick for flashing init.d fix as given in the build . do it twice as minixfreak has explained .
        5. repeat the usb flashing if it is not flashing or touch toothpick to av hole reset button while usb flashing if not connecting or not start flashing
        6- there are different versions of h96 max x2 on h96tvbox site check your original version then download proper usb burning tool which is related to your version mine was 4/64 , 8ddr3 ,
        i have this box...i am going to try once more as per your instructions...hope this time it would work...my box is not rooted, hope this is not the issue...thanks
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by thekkverma; 07-13-2020, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by thekkverma View Post

i have this box...i am going to try once more as per your instructions...hope this time it would work...my box is not rooted, hope this is not the issue...thanks
          Yes box has to be rooted ..this may be the issue
          let seniors in the group or minixfreak reply this bcoz I am also new

Comment

Hello thekkverma , I have the same Box H96 Max X2. I installed rom using SD card, I never used USB burning tool. I used Burn Card Maker V2.0.3 instead.

Here are the steps:
            1 Use Burn Card Maker to set the image into sd card, I used the default setting,
            2 unplug the TV box, insert the SD card, hold the reset button and plug it while holding the reset button.
            3 after few seconds it should start installing the Android OS

that s all.

I bricked the device before, by installing wrong roms. And it didn’t boot anymore, or didn’t display anything in the screen. So manage to jam the reset button as in step 2, just to keep it forced a longer time. And after 2 min I see the new OS being installed.
            let me know if did help

Comment

Originally posted by weld0s View Post
              Hello thekkverma , I have the same Box H96 Max X2. I installed rom using SD card, I never used USB burning tool. I used Burn Card Maker V2.0.3 instead.

Here are the steps:
              1 Use Burn Card Maker to set the image into sd card, I used the default setting,
              2 unplug the TV box, insert the SD card, hold the reset button and plug it while holding the reset button.
              3 after few seconds it should start installing the Android OS

that s all.

I bricked the device before, by installing wrong roms. And it didn’t boot anymore, or didn’t display anything in the screen. So manage to jam the reset button as in step 2, just to keep it forced a longer time. And after 2 min I see the new OS being installed.
              let me know if did help
              thanks weld0s since the usb burning tool is not working for me, i am going to give this SD card method another try...i tried SD card method earlier also but i kept pressing the reset button just for 15-20 seconds...it used to show H96 logo and update screen for just 2-3 seconds...this time i will try holding reset button for more than 2 minutes, hope this would work...

Comment

Firt I wanted to congratulate the minixfreak for the rom, just fantastic! I am a huge fan of your ROMs. This is the best ROM I tested with the old version of T95Q.

SpartanRom V4 N5_MAX_4GB_S905X2.
                + atv 9
                + multitaking
                + power button
                + notification bar
                + task bar
                + very fluid
                + pip
                + ethernet, wifi and bluetooth works
                + 4k 60
                + droid settings
                + android 9 settings
                + twrp
                + root and supersu app
                * leds always on and always blue, but I understand that rom was not made for my box.

*tested in T95Q old version.

Suggestion:
                * could have an option to 'clear all" in multitasking;
                * in Droid Settings could have the option 'More Settings";
                * could have a version with Magisk Manager, to use the "xposed modules"

Comment

Hello everyone a question a person to test on x96 max thank you for help.

Comment

would this rom work on the newer T95Q android 9 model with realtek 8822 wifi' it has the latest firmware i think which is tq_005 thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by deano2012 View Post
                      would this rom work on the newer T95Q android 9 model with realtek 8822 wifi' it has the latest firmware i think which is tq_005 thanks.
                      There was a version that was made for the new t95q (i tried it myself), but doesnt seem to be in the download folder any more. There are a few roms that work on the new t95q now which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by dudese View Post

There was a version that was made for the new t95q (i tried it myself), but doesnt seem to be in the download folder any more. There are a few roms that work on the new t95q now which is good.
                        thanks for replying dudese' i just dont want to brick the box if you know what i mean lol' any idea which would work on this model i hate the stock firmware plus i also read that a vpn will not work when connected via ethernet. cheers

Comment

Hi minixfreak !

Thanks for all your efforts to port this ROM to H96 Max X2 and I'm glad to report that the ROM works perfectly fine on the box and I really like how smooth and fast everything is, especially the task switcher, the old one was really frustrating to use.

I have not spent a lot of time with the ROM but an immediate issue I noticed and would like to bring to your attention:

exFAT formatted HDD (2TB) is suddenly not working on this ROM, it used to work completely fine on the Spartan ROM v1 which I was using before and now it just blinks and shows the status as "Reviewing contents of WD" and then just stops. If I switch on the box with the HDD connected, it just does not start at all.

I have 2 other drives formatted as NTFS (1TB & 4TB) and both seems to work fine without any issue. Only this exFAT drive is not readable which used to work perfectly fine until now on all the ROMS I tried including Minixfreak OS and the Original FW.

Could you or someone please guide me on how to make it work again as I have all my movies and TV shows on it and I can't format it back to NTFS as all other drives are already full so can't move data around!

Comment

minixfreak hello sir can you tell me how to download netflix/primevideo / hotstar original apks on h96 max x2 rooted having spartan rom .

When we try to install or run it says not available on rooted devices

pls guide if we have to unroot and reboot or some other way

Comment

minixfreak
                              I am having h96 max x2 rooted with spartan rom

Rom is working fine but issue with hotstar/ prime video / netflix original tv apk not installing

Can I uninstall super su and install magisk on twrp and by using magisk hide will I be able to run hotstar / prime video and netflix official versions

Pls guide in this regard

Any one having knowledge and experience in this please
                              guide

Comment

Originally posted by deano2012 View Post

thanks for replying dudese' i just dont want to brick the box if you know what i mean lol' any idea which would work on this model i hate the stock firmware plus i also read that a vpn will not work when connected via ethernet. cheers
                                I could make for new t95q

Comment

Working...
                                X