No announcement yet.

Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javimetal, is Tanix going to release a firmware update for the TX92 soon?

I have a TX92 3/32 model, and it is great for the most part. But I have been experiencing the odd random reboot. I've had mine for about a month and it has happened around 6-7 times. Happened after a few hours of streaming video, and a few times during an initial setup where I was installing a bunch of apps at once.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix this, but I fear it's heat. Or worse, a hardware problem.

Other nitpicky/small issues I'm having are, that the play store does not automatically update, nor can it be manually updated by sideloading an apk. And also, even though HDMI CEC is disabled, my older LG TV remote still controls the box with certain functions, such as the enter button scrolling through the home UI menu screens, and the Menu button opening the Music app.

The build that I'm using was provided to me by gearbest, after requesting a copy of the original firmware for this box. The build is dated 20171201.

This box has been selling for a few months now and Tanix has yet to provide any update on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post

Same question. Build version? And model of the box (3/32 3/64...)

Set static IP for the box and not dhcp ..1st go to network and connect through dhcp ..After that copy the IP and other configuration credential from the connection ..Then switch back to static IP and put the credentials if IP , getaway etc that you have copied ..Then it will be fixed.. At least that works for me .

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
        Javimetal, is Tanix going to release a firmware update for the TX92 soon?

I have a TX92 3/32 model, and it is great for the most part. But I have been experiencing the odd random reboot. I've had mine for about a month and it has happened around 6-7 times. Happened after a few hours of streaming video, and a few times during an initial setup where I was installing a bunch of apps at once.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix this, but I fear it's heat. Or worse, a hardware problem.

Other nitpicky/small issues I'm having are, that the play store does not automatically update, nor can it be manually updated by sideloading an apk. And also, even though HDMI CEC is disabled, my older LG TV remote still controls the box with certain functions, such as the enter button scrolling through the home UI menu screens, and the Menu button opening the Music app.

The build that I'm using was provided to me by gearbest, after requesting a copy of the original firmware for this box. The build is dated 20171201.

This box has been selling for a few months now and Tanix has yet to provide any update on their website.
        OK, first of all, try to upgrade to this version

TANIX TX92 FIRMWARE UPDATE

Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware-TX92-20171230.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	702324

Download: http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...-image-update/

Then we can continue from this point

Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware-TX92-20171230.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	702324

No changelog for this?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

No changelog for this?
            TANIX TX92 LATEST FIRMWARE AVAILABLE

Hi dear Tanixer,

our team has been working on a new update for your TX92.

Changelog:
            • Grant runtime permission when install apks
            • Update Airscreen apk (now it can support iOS 11 , DLNA, Chromecast)
            • Updated Chrome apk to 62.0.3202.84
            • Some other small corrections

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
              TANIX TX92 LATEST FIRMWARE AVAILABLE

Hi dear Tanixer,

our team has been working on a new update for your TX92.

Changelog:
              • Grant runtime permission when install apks
              • Update Airscreen apk (now it can support iOS 11 , DLNA, Chromecast)
              • Updated Chrome apk to 62.0.3202.84
              • Some other small corrections
              So, no fixes about the random reboots or about the screen that goes black suddenly?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post

So, no fixes about the random reboots or about the screen that goes black suddenly?
                You should ask Tanix not me, you have asked for the changelog and i ve paste it for you, it was in the download page.

Comment

The external SD card is non writable for this model..Does anyone know how to write and save file to external SD without converting it to internal storage ?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Firmware-TX92-20171230.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	702324

Thanks, I will give it a try.

edit: Ok initial testing:
                    -This build still does not update the play store to the latest version. Sideloading does not work either,. Downloaded apk from apkmirror and it says file is corrupt.
                    -This build also did not fix my HDMI CEC issue. My LG TV remote still controls the box, even with CEC disabled. Menu opens the Music app, Enter scrolls the home page between media/apps/settings.

So far no random reboots after setting everything up and streaming ~50min of 1080p video in Kodi, but this will obviously need longer testing. For me anyway, the random reboots were just that.... very random. Sometimes I could go for 3 days without a reboot, then other days I would get multiple reboots a day.

One other thing, the mouse pointer seems much larger than before, it looks pretty big on my TV. I noticed Vorke's newest firmware also has a larger mouse pointer.

My biggest issue was the randoom reboots, so fingers crossed this build fixes it.

BTW did a clean flash with USB Burning Tool.
                    Last edited by rahzel; 01-17-2018, 15:34.

Comment

Is this upgrade applicable to 2g/16gb model ?

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

You should ask Tanix not me, you have asked for the changelog and i ve paste it for you, it was in the download page.
                        Is this update applicable to 2g/16 GB model ?

Comment

Originally posted by jerico123 View Post
                          Is this upgrade applicable to 2g/16gb model ?
                          According to the official page, no. Hardware version:

RAM: 3GB

Storage: 32/64GB

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Firmware-TX92-20171230.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	702324

Ok in addition to my findings above, I used the box for most of the day and unfortunately I got a random reboot while watching a video with the official youtube app. It seems to happen most often during video, especially youtube. I wonder if it's a video driver issue. I don't think it's heat because my box was only running at around 65c.

will continue to monitor this and report back with any findings.

Maybe we can narrow this down a bit. In the Vorke thread, some claim that they did not receive random reboots until Vorke released the 20171220 build.

Is anyone using the original Tanix TX92 firmware and not get any random reboots? Perhaps it's the newer December based builds that are causing the random reboots.

I can't say because I did not run the original firmware for very long, but I do recall that I did not get any random reboots.
                            Last edited by rahzel; 01-18-2018, 04:12.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
                              Ok in addition to my findings above, I used the box for most of the day and unfortunately I got a random reboot while watching a video with the official youtube app. It seems to happen most often during video, especially youtube. I wonder if it's a video driver issue. I don't think it's heat because my box was only running at around 65c.

will continue to monitor this and report back with any findings.

Maybe we can narrow this down a bit. In the Vorke thread, some claim that they did not receive random reboots until Vorke released the 20171220 build.

Is anyone using the original Tanix TX92 firmware and not get any random reboots? Perhaps it's the newer December based builds that are causing the random reboots.

I can't say because I did not run the original firmware for very long, but I do recall that I did not get any random reboots.
                              Well, I have the original firmware and I do get a few reboots from time to time.
                              Even when the device is just on stand by.
                              On the other hand, it happens really rarely when I am watching a video, so I really doubt it's heat related too.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

Using the older 1201 build, the times I've remembered the box rebooting on me were in Kodi, Youtube and once during the initial setup when I was installing quite a few apps at once.

With the newest firmware, the box has rebooted 3 times, and every time it has been in youtube only.

So for me anyway, the random reboots seems to be limited to youtube only so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X