Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    Is that fixed since?
    No, but otherwise everything suits me, I stayed on this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

That is rather strange because the Vorke Z6 firmware, which is virtually the same, does have the playstore auto updating Kodi and all other apps.
      Originally posted by AgentSlash View Post
      If you want - put the firmware from the VorkeZ6 (not plus). I tried, everything works, the only difference is the "Vorke" title instead of the Tanix.
      Ok so I flashed my TX92 to the latest 11/10 Vorke unrooted firmware (don't really care about root) and it flashed fine, however there are some issues/annoyances I'm experiencing.

1. Playstore, while more up-to-date than the tanix version, is still only running 8.3.xx. All of my other devices including phone are running 8.4.19. When I click on the version number, it says it's up to date.
      2. Youtube downloaded from the playstore seems to max out at 720/60. My display resolution is set to 1080p/60.
      3. Whenever I open chrome after fully closing, it opens the Vorke website in a new tab, even after I cleared data on chrome.

I made the mistake of flashing to the Vorke firmware, and I don't think there's a tanix stock firmware available yet. =/

Is there anywhere I can get the stock Tanix TX92 firmware?

Comment

I have activated an account at Netflix, but even if I selected at playback settings to have the quality at HIGH, still the resolution of series looks terrible.

Should I use some other app?
        Currently I am using the one that came preinstalled, version 4.7
        Play store doesn't allow me to update it as it's not compatible with Tanix.

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

Comment

Finally I sideloaded the latest official apk.
          The problem is that some episodes/movies have much better quality than others. So, I can't tell for sure , but it should be HD sometimes.

Anyone else who uses Netflix?

Comment

Tanix TX92 appeared on the official website. It looks like it was not there before because of the novelty, although it's still strange. I think the firmware for it will be available soon.
            OS: Android 7.1.2CPU: S912 up to 1.5 GHz, Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 Octa-coreGPU: Mali-T820MP3RAM: 2GB DDR3/3GB DDR4Storage: 16GB/32GB eMMCWifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5.8GHzBluetooth: 4.1LAN: 1000 Mbps Buy a sample now from our official agent Tanix Certified Partner

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER
              Finally I sideloaded the latest official apk.
              The problem is that some episodes/movies have much better quality than others. So, I can't tell for sure , but it should be HD sometimes.

Anyone else who uses Netflix?

So no-one cares or watches NETFLIX?
              It would be great if we could prove that our box streams HD, when normally it should be just SD.

Comment

Tanix TX92 firmware 2017.11.07

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick
                  Link for downloading?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                    Link for downloading?

You have to click on the text 'Microsoft services'. Clicking on the bottom link just takes you to the onedrive site.

Btw, thanks bodrick!

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
                      You have to click on the text 'Microsoft services'. Clicking on the bottom link just takes you to the onedrive site.

Btw, thanks bodrick!
                      Good to know.
                      Any changelog available?
                      I couldn't find this firmware at the Tanix website.

Comment

Hi all, i just received my Tanix TX92 3GB/64GB,

i discovered some diferences as the photos posted by trevor:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	695690
                        for what could be the 37.400 chip From version B?

also if you look closer to the antenna at pcb there is an space for a second antenna, maybe the 5ghz, the dual band etc, i dont have the tools to test it.

also if you look at the left side is a 3.3v RX RT GND, its different from a JTag, it can be used for a mini fan 3.3v for the CPU or attached to that side. thinking about it more it can be an unused USB 3 that in other posts people stated it has it has the same alignement of an USB.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	695692
                        i bougth my Tanix from AliExpress delivered by DHL on 3 days for only 8usd, its a very good device, faster and with lots of possibilities.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	695693
                        i disabled some services in order to get better temps.

Remember that in programming A refers to Alpha and B to Beta and so on, or A the old version, B the second, but who knows.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
                        Last edited by Ferdari; 12-21-2017, 02:18.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick View Post
                          Some changes I've noticed:
                          Play store running a newer version (8.3.73 instead of 8.0.26) but it's still not the latest version. Haven't tried sideloading the newest version yet. Dunno why it doesn't auto update.

Box seems to run a little cooler than before, but I haven't really monitored the temps closely tbh. After installing some apps and addons and streaming a bit of video, the highest I saw the temps go was ~79c. After I let the box cool down for a bit, I watched a bit of youtube and streamed a bit more in Kodi, and I never saw the temps go higher than 63c.

Box also seems a little snappier.

Chrome now has a home button, which I kind of like.

The only issue I have is, even with HDMI CEC off, my LG TV remote controls the box. The Enter button scrolls the home menu between apps, media and settings. The Menu button opens the Music app. Quick menu brings up the volume control. Does anyone know how to completely disable HDMI CEC? Or is this a separate issue?

Other than my TV remote controlling the box, and the Play store not auto updating, I'm quite happy with it.

Comment

So I contacted Gearbest about a week ago asking for a factory firmware image, and they finally got back to me. The one they sent me was dated 12/01, so it is a month newer than the one bodrick posted above.

Warning: I have not tried the firmware yet, as the one bodrick posted above is working fine. If a dev or user is interested in looking into this firmware and report back, that would be great.

Again, it is from Gearbest so I'm sure it's safe.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel
                              Some changes I've noticed:
                              Play store running a newer version (8.3.73 instead of 8.0.26) but it's still not the latest version. Haven't tried sideloading the newest version yet. Dunno why it doesn't auto update.

Box seems to run a little cooler than before, but I haven't really monitored the temps closely tbh. After installing some apps and addons and streaming a bit of video, the highest I saw the temps go was ~79c. After I let the box cool down for a bit, I watched a bit of youtube and streamed a bit more in Kodi, and I never saw the temps go higher than 63c.

Box also seems a little snappier.

Chrome now has a home button, which I kind of like.

The only issue I have is, even with HDMI CEC off, my LG TV remote controls the box. The Enter button scrolls the home menu between apps, media and settings. The Menu button opens the Music app. Quick menu brings up the volume control. Does anyone know how to completely disable HDMI CEC? Or is this a separate issue?

Other than my TV remote controlling the box, and the Play store not auto updating, I'm quite happy with it.
                              Date of security patch?
                              You can check it at the update page.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                                Date of security patch?
                                You can check it at the update page.

The 11/07 firmware is May 5th. I honestly don't expect the 12/01 firmware to be any different. These box makers don't seem to care about security patches.

Comment

Working...
                                X