Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Here is the easy way to get the Amazon Prime to install onto the Mecool M8S Pro L box (probably all boxes). Do not have an Amazon account so could not verify if the videos actually play, but everything loads without any issues. May have the same issues that Steel120 ran into, where everything works, but video won't play. Let me know if this version from the Aptoid Store works.

https://youtu.be/f9v0OseWQ0M
    So, I am in Europe and I have an Amazon Prime subscription. I followed the method suggested on the video: at first the application would install but wouldn't start since there was no prime icon or tile available. I thought it could be a region blocking issue, so I ran my VPN (pretending to be in New Jersey) and reinstalled the app, and I finally could find the icon in the app drawer. I started the application and I had to go through a double-verification procedure that required a pc to register my device. Upon its completion, I could finally browse through the movies and series, but here's the rub: it says the content is not available in my region and it does so both with my VPN enabled and disabled. This is obviously some sort of Android TV licensing issue because all the contents I checked ARE available and I had previously watched them on other devices.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's quite a step forward the solution, but we're still in deep waters here.

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post

So, I am in Europe and I have an Amazon Prime subscription. I followed the method suggested on the video: at first the application would install but wouldn't start since there was no prime icon or tile available. I thought it could be a region blocking issue, so I ran my VPN (pretending to be in New Jersey) and reinstalled the app, and I finally could find the icon in the app drawer. I started the application and I had to go through a double-verification procedure that required a pc to register my device. Upon its completion, I could finally browse through the movies and series, but here's the rub: it says the content is not available in my region and it does so both with my VPN enabled and disabled. This is obviously some sort of Android TV licensing issue because all the contents I checked ARE available and I had previously watched them on other devices.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's quite a step forward the solution, but we're still in deep waters here.
      Thanks for testing and verifying that it does't play the video.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks for testing and verifying that it does't play the video.
        Hi Ronnie,

Just checked my install that worked last month and now it doesn't !!! Says need to Update - But won't.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling using PrimeLauncher and it just says have to Update again.

Looked at the Prime ATV app and last month it installed saying compatible on all my boxes, but now it is Incompatible with all my devices.
        They seem to have updated some checks !!!!!!

Can you let me have the APK version number that you have that launches for you?

Cheers.

Comment

Just tried this apk

I got the link from this page

It installed OK, and seems to be the Shield version 4.1.121 (?) No KBD support - have to use on-screen
          My membership has expired so I can't test the Video playback, maybe someone else wants to try ... playback may fail when verification starts ... ??

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
            Hi Ronnie,

Just checked my install that worked last month and now it doesn't !!! Says need to Update - But won't.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling using PrimeLauncher and it just says have to Update again.

Looked at the Prime ATV app and last month it installed saying compatible on all my boxes, but now it is Incompatible with all my devices.
            They seem to have updated some checks !!!!!!

Can you let me have the APK version number that you have that launches for you?

Cheers.
            It is version number 3.11.44. But I am in the same boat, I don't have a subscription......
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It is version number 3.11.44. But I am in the same boat, I don't have a subscription......
              THX Buddy

Comment

Just tried this apk

I got the link from this page

It installed OK, and seems to be the Shield version 4.1.121 (?) No KBD support - have to use on-screen
                My membership has expired so I can't test the Video playback, maybe someone else wants to try ... playback may fail when verification starts ... ??
                So, this one seems to be working a little better, in that it displays contents in my language and the app is localized in my language. It doesn't even warn me that the movie I want to play is not available for my country. But when trying to play anything, a dialogue pops up saying I have network issues and I should contact amazon technical support. I certainly have no network problems, everything streams ok, and I read this error message (which is also common on some Samsung tvs) is a sign of Dmr limitations.
                I don't know what else to think.

Comment

So, this one seems to be working a little better, in that it displays contents in my language and the app is localized in my language. It doesn't even warn me that the movie I want to play is not available for my country. But when trying to play anything, a dialogue pops up saying I have network issues and I should contact amazon technical support. I certainly have no network problems, everything streams ok, and I read this error message (which is also common on some Samsung tvs) is a sign of Dmr limitations.
                  I don't know what else to think.
                  Same here - Just got a free month and it won't stream - I am guessing it is a device validation thing

Comment

Finally found the latest ATV (not compatible with anything) amazon-video_4.3.14-googleplay-armv7a.apk

Registers as a generic ATV but still won't play anything.

They really don't want you to watch on anything but any phone or Shield or Firesticky (well anything except a generic ATV!)

Comment

Same here - Just got a free month and it won't stream - I am guessing it is a device validation thing
                      I'm quite ignorant in this field, but as a layman I though that's the case. And it's a shame, since this device has widewine l1 protection

Comment

I'm quite ignorant in this field, but as a layman I though that's the case. And it's a shame, since this device has widewine l1 protection
                        Up to last month they let you watch in super low res 480, but even that has been stopped now

Comment

I would settle for 480...

Comment

Up to last month they let you watch in super low res 480, but even that has been stopped now
                            Wondering if you could change something in the build prop?

Comment

Amazon Prime Video.

I have tried all of the recent releases of Amazon Prime Video these are the current two 4.1.20 and 3.0.223.23841 both from Aptoide and both you can navigate the screen picks, play a trailer, but when
                              it comes to playing an actual video stream, it says "app has stopped" " contact xxxxx" I have use of an active account.

I looked at the video Clarkss12 recently put up, and the version he used is 3.11.44 which when I did a search is from EU and about 2016? I did not see it available via Aptiode, Maybe I missed it with my senior eyes. Neither my -W or -L had the TV Apps APK mentioned, I installed Aptoide.

It appears that Amazon is blocking use of these APK's due to some corporate decision. I have no idea how to solve or satisfy my family members that would like to
                              Use Prime on there MeCool devices. Other than get perhaps a RoKu-3 used for a few dollars and use it for Prime. They go for 10-20 on fleabay.

On another note: Both the MeCool M8S pro -W and -L with Voice have been running very smooth for the past two weeks without any freezes or glitches. Both have the Pi 30mm fans and rarely go above
                              41C while streaming 1080. Idles around 30/31C. Just as a note, I do not turn my unit off, they stay on all the time, I just switch the hdmi inputs on the tv's.

Other member of the family have the -W and -L without fans, but they get close to 80C on 1080 but so far no real issues, other than the Amazon Prime Video not available.

Thanks to all on the advise and help

Comment

Low Res only but seems to work - amazon-video_4.1.121.apk
                                https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...Y&cuid=1370072

Found on this page in the comments.

Reports as Nvidea when signed in.

Keep your fingers crossed ...EDIT - No, it only worked first run, now failing

Comment

Working...
                                X