Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.) Hi, I have the Yoka KB2 Pro 3GB / 32GB, is there the Yoka KB2 - SuperCeleron RC3 Rom also for the 3GB version?

2.) Is there a way to bring the Internet to full performance via Lan Cable Ethernet? I have 400Mbit DSL but the box creates probably only 230Mbit.

3.) What can I do about the Playstore problem, have Magisk V14 installed and rooted, I have uninstalled SuperSU and cleaned up with UPDATE-unsU-signed.

I have the problem that I can not install a contacts app and whatsapp? Would you be so nice and help me?

Thank you and best regards.

Comment

Hi SC! Thanks for the ROM. I have been using it for a long time with ethernet, but had to switch to wifi and found out it's not working! Please help! I had R3 installed. I can see my wifi network but it won't connect (stays stuck connecting). The signal is strong so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I tried reinstalling your ROM. Then I would have gone back to stock, but I can't find a full img file. However, I managed to install the mecool bb2 stock firmware, but the problem persists. I have tried everything I can think of. I know you don't have this unit anymore, but I would appreciate any advice as to how I can fix wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Samd0001 View Post
        Hi SC! Thanks for the ROM. I have been using it for a long time with ethernet, but had to switch to wifi and found out it's not working! Please help! I had R3 installed. I can see my wifi network but it won't connect (stays stuck connecting). The signal is strong so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I tried reinstalling your ROM. Then I would have gone back to stock, but I can't find a full img file. However, I managed to install the mecool bb2 stock firmware, but the problem persists. I have tried everything I can think of. I know you don't have this unit anymore, but I would appreciate any advice as to how I can fix wifi.
        Both Working fine for me with last sc rom

Comment

Will anyone be working on the Yoka KB2 (non pro) 7.1.1 ROM that is available now? as I think it could do with a clean up.

Comment

Where is that rom available?
            Would you mind sharing the link?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Link to KB2(non pro) ROM. https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...70811-release/ I've been using it for a few weeks now.but you need stock recovery to install it or the updater app if still on stock ROM.if you do install it there is twrp available for it(for android 7) and yes,the ROM is 7.1.1 also it updates via SD card.i will also put link up for twrp for 7.1.1 version of kb2

Comment

Link to twrp for kb2 7.1.1 player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/16228-twrp-for-amlogic-devices/page92 it's a generic one but I'm using now,and used it to install super su and xposed.(twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0.img)our board on kb2 (non pro)is q20x.the ROM itself claims to be rooted already,but it wasn't.so it's best to install twrp and then install super su. the stock is a bit of a pain as if you install another launcher,when you reboot it goes back to the stock one.let me know if need any more info.......oh yes,the twrp recovery is signed zip one so when you update,you can install twrp via the updater app(when you install the 7.1.1 ROM)
                Last edited by sam tyler; 12-21-2017, 16:59.

Comment

Sorry for extra post,but follow these instructions for installing the ROM/update https://youtu.be/HudLZ3dL5sY it's a YouTube link but it shows you how to install it.(yes,I know it shows the pro version,but the information is the same for us on the non pro version as well.

Comment

In 7.1.1. ROM I have a problem with update code 17.3 on 17.6. Can someone give me the procedure that goes by?

Comment

Originally posted by bego View Post
                      In 7.1.1. ROM I have a problem with update code 17.3 on 17.6. Can someone give me the procedure that goes by?
                      If you mean Kodi,I don't use the TV centre app,I I downloaded Kodi straight from playstore I also use SPMC (also from playstore)and both work well.as I said before in my other posts,we need a developer (maybe from freaktab?)to look at the 7.1.1 ROM,and hopefully fix any problems. I even installed the mecool BB2 version of ROM and that had the problems with the launcher. maybe mecool BB2 owners have any answers?

Comment

@superceleron
                        thanks for your effort
                        I have got a problem..sometimes there comes this notification in the middle of screen " telephone module is absent. no sim found". what is this> I thinks it causes my wifi connection get disconnected for a while.. and this creates problem in watching online streams

Comment

MOD Edit:
                          Next time ask permission 1ยบ before posting anything on other ppl threads.... Dont like it just dont use it!
                          And if you read carefully the thread you see this rom is not supported for a long long time now!
                          Last edited by superceleron; 01-21-2018, 04:06.

Comment

Originally posted by akbar9000 View Post
                            Isn't that ROM (from your link) for the pro version? it may screw your box up.
                            Last edited by superceleron; 01-21-2018, 04:04.

Comment

Originally posted by sam tyler View Post

Isn't that ROM (from your link) for the pro version? it may screw your box up.
                              superceleron sorry if I broke any rules,I just weren't to sure if i could post a link to the link 7.1.1 ROM or create a new thread.i take it then this thread is closed I didn't expect everyone to jump on this thread, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by sam tyler View Post
                                Sorry for extra post,but follow these instructions for installing the ROM/update https://youtu.be/HudLZ3dL5sY it's a YouTube link but it shows you how to install it.(yes,I know it shows the pro version,but the information is the same for us on the non pro version as well.
                                Greetings Sam.

Many thanks for sharing this guide on installing Nougat 7.1.1 frimware on the Yoka KB2.

Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X