Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As card maker done.
    It restarts into TWRP where my remote doesn't work, I have flashed LQ variant earlier so Bluetooth doesn't work means remote isn't paired with BT.

During flash it opens TWRP then a screen which can't be accessed since remote isn't recognised here.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by AmitTG View Post
      As card maker done.
      It restarts into TWRP where my remote doesn't work, I have flashed LQ variant earlier so Bluetooth doesn't work means remote isn't paired with BT.

During flash it opens TWRP then a screen which can't be accessed since remote isn't recognised here.
      Get a mouse or pad

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Originally posted by mecoolUser View Post
        hi guys, do you know how to unlock the MyCanal app. not working since google blocked the widevine L1 ID from mecool

or at least to enable the cast system with the mecool

thx !
        Hi,
        With magisk and liboemcrypt disabler module
        Go to dealabs (french site) search :
        app Android TV
        Netflix

Comment

Really to that

I try Amlogic burn tool software
          I start the software
          I connect USB between m8s and pc
          I power the box and press menu many times
          But Amlogic software don't see the m8s.

Any suggestions?

PS when I connect the m8s and press menu many time I do reach the android recovery page I guess you called that
          (open android robot picture)

Do twrp could give a try?

Thanks all

Envoy? de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post
            Get a mouse or pad

Thanks Man,
            ​​​​​​I was too foolish not to try a mouse .

It's done, now BT remote and Headphone works fine, it doesn't create issue for me though WIFI seems off... I mean doesn't work

Comment

Hi Guest , just installed the latest incarnation of your rom on my newly arrived m8s pro lb, i thought that probably with that rom and burnkeytools 1.3 i would be able to overcome my problems i have getting netflix to play, unfortunately i get netflix error -100 all the time, tried a lot of older version apks but nothing seems to work. Also there seems no way to get amazon prime video to play anything. The thing is that if these two apps dont work, i would consider sending it back to geekbuying. is there anything i can do, or shoud i contact geekbuying right away?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                The Netflix and APV issues are due to DRM and lack of device certification. There's ton of discussion on this issue posted right now, but keys for Widevine and PlayReady are device specific and need to be installed to secure key storage at the factory. Until recently Widevine L1 was enough for Netflix, but they've rolled out a new whitelist system that only supports certified devices. I haven't tried to circumvent it, but there are efforts afoot.

Hopefully you heave read the other threads too by now. If you can, don't waste anymore of your time and return the box

Comment

Thanx Guest, i have seen that discussions already, thought it could be fixed with older apk or burnkeytools. however, i have already contacted aftersales support of geekbuying as mymo suggested, will see if return is possible. I think they advertised netflix hd support so this is a non fixable defect imo... nowadays there is no word of netflix hd in the discriptions anywhere.

Comment

This was formerly a cry for help, I removed its content as I got it solved.

Thanks for your excellent work!

MMF
                  Last edited by fre*ktab_mmf; 01-02-2019, 12:18. Reason: Removed content as I got it solved on my own :)

Comment

new firmware stock for LB variant here
                    https://androidpctv.com/firmware-mec...l-lb-10182018/

Yes sorry and not ATV
                    Last edited by Snakx; 01-03-2019, 22:46.

Comment

Just a quick comment from a newbie

I did upload that rom
                    But the Bluetooth is not working
                    Just saying it might be my box only.

Comment

hi sorry new to this can some nice person point me in right direction for nexus mecool m8s pro l firmware as every one i found has been mecool

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Links to the custom ROM (as well as the stock Mecool firmware) are in the original post.

Coul semeone make a step-by-step video of how to do it?

Comment

Hello, please tell me is this https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363 the right Box for this Rom? Thanks for answer. Amazing Rom. I will buy this TV Box. Greats

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, that looks like the LB variant. That's pretty much all they sold with the new voice remote.

Now buying by geekbying. They send from D in 2-7 Buisiness Days.

Comment

Working...
                        X