UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver View Post

Shield is good, but i like a full android on my tv screen, may be not optimal for normal user but i can stream anything i want and use apps like coub, imgur or others like on my phone, androidtv looks not good for me, cant even install adblocker, i realised its not for me i was in hotel had my mibox and i wanted it to connect to hotel wifi hotspot, my phone connected using hotspot login (webpage) but androidtv does not have that feature so it thinks the wifi has no internet, couldnt use it then, with normal android it is working like on my phone. That was one reason to use full android, also much more customizable than android tv, (black background wtf)
    IMHO, if Coreelec has a browser I won't use anything else!

Comment

Any one of you guy's get Dolby Atmos passthrough to work ? Everything works dtshd, dts, Dolby digital,.... but no Dolby Atmos, it sends only pcm to my soundbar (am6 plus newest official firmware android single boot)
      or does it work with coreelec ?

Edit: ok I got it working I had to connect the player directly to my soundbar, it doesn't work over earc connected to the tv (like it worked with the shield) but that's ok, I am fine with that
      Last edited by Amjak; 05-28-2020, 18:23.

Comment

So, I have been negotiating with geek buying and it went better than I thought it would.

We agreeded in a 50e partial refund for the ethernet (100mbps instead of 1gbps) problem.

I'm ok with that because my movies are playing ok through 5ghz (200mbps top speed)

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post

Looks like they listened to BOTH of my requests - now that is service!

One more thing would be to add masked HDMI - they have this under their listed features https://ugoos.com/ugoos-video-features - but it is not actually an option on the device
          How did you request? I trying to message them on facebook, but they ignored. I cant message them on 4pda, because i dont know russian language.

Comment

Originally posted by owhbaem View Post

How did you request? I trying to message them on facebook, but they ignored. I cant message them on 4pda, because i dont know russian language.
            Email their support, details on their blog.

Comment

Just used the support form through the website
              Towards the bottom of this page - https://ugoos.com/contact-us
              I have to say the time to respond back to me was very prompt

Comment

Is 0.3.3 available ota? Or only as download from their site?

Comment

You can get the OTA version but it must be downloaded currently - once you have the file you can use the Update program to execute it directly

Comment

Hi ,

really cant understand why we have a special Ugoos Section , if all new Threads for Ugoos Boxes

always landing in the stock Sections ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                      ... really cant understand why we have a special Ugoos Section , if all new Threads for Ugoos Boxes

always landing in the stock Sections .....
                      Well there is no sub-forum for AM6 for starters ............
                      If you were to create one and move the relevant threads over there, I personally wouldn't have a problem with that

Comment

• gefattern
                        gefattern commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi , you are right , it was more a comment , maybe the Admin will do ,

greetings / gefattern

Hi because of that earc and Dolby Atmos passthrough Problem I described a few posts above, it is solved. It was a bug of my lg c9 TV, I installed the newest 4.80.03 firmware of my TV and now Dolby Atmos and lpcm 7.1 also works over earc

Comment

Originally posted by Amjak View Post
                        ... It was a bug of my lg c9 TV,
                        LG TV's certainly have some unique issues with handling of HDMI signals
                        With my Ugoos AM6 sometimes (not always) when switching from CE to Android Boot, my LG Nanocell TV (not nearly so grand as your C9 unfortunately) shows 'no signal' - changing the TV Source input and back makes no difference; if I unplug the HDMI connector and reconnect it the display comes back.
                        It's not a show-stopper and just a minor annoyance/inconvenience.
                        It generally shows the Amlogic S922X logo and when that goes off and is booting Android, the display goes to 'no signal' and doesn't come back without the HDMI unplug/replug.

With same TV, my previous Minix box would not process the HDMI audio at all (well, I say at all, it would pretty much not work then occasionally after about 30 mins sound would suddenly work for no apparent trigger)
                        This same box on another brand TV has no issues - another user off the Minix forum also has this same issue with his LG TV.

So clearly LG have some differences/issues in how they look at the handshake situation

Comment

Originally posted by Experien View Post
                          .... I decided to do an Iperf3 passthrough test to check connection speed and surprise, it was only giving me 100mbps.
                          I finally go around to testing mine after noticeably having lower than expected connection rate
                          It also has the same limit, showing 95Mbps in iperf3 testing between local machines on my LAN
                          It shows the same issue when doing an Internet connection download speed test to a local server - my Windows box does ~ 500Mbps download at same ethernet terminal and this again is only 95 on my Ugoos.

Did you ever communicate directly with Ugoos on this issue? I see you elected for a partial refund from GB but that still leaves big question mark

postscript - I also repeated the iperf test using SSH into CoreElec OS (booted from EMMC) and I get the same 95Mbps limit;
                          also the speedtest addon shows about same limit with ethernet (95)- but on 5G is over 200Mbps
                          Looks definitely to be a hardware limitation

One more piece of data - I also eliminated my router and connected the Ugoos directly to the Cable Modem - still only gets 95Mbps through the Ethernet connection

Update
                          OK - this is embarrassing
                          It was a cable issue
                          I was using a Purchased Pre-made Cat7 Cable
                          I discovered that is was the problem

See the tests below
                          The first is when I swapped in a different cable between router and AM6 - good result (~500Mbps)
                          Second - put cable back in and problem was back
                          Third, replaced cable again and back to good speed

My Internet Download test is also now good (~350Mbps) .

Experien - I would have sworn this was not a cable issue - and this same cable had no apparent issues with another box
                          So I would recommend you try again with different cable set.
                          Also - I ran Ethtool in CE and that got me pointed in the right direction.

My apologies to Ugoos for casting aspersions - the box DOES deliver what it promises.

p.p.s. I have two of these cables CAT 7 cables - they both give low transmission rate when connected to the AM6 - and actually the same issue when connected to my Minix U9-h - however they give full rate when connected to my Intel NUC
                          What could be possibly different in that regard of Android vs Windows Adapter?
                          Last edited by DEcosse; 06-22-2020, 21:59.

Comment

New Rc Firmware 0.3.4 (not final)

1. Fixed middle portrait mode of screen rotation
                            2. Fixed audio passthrough for 2.0 TVs
                            3. Added new option for HDMI CEC when device turn off or standby
                            4. Added ability to adjust the volume of AV receivers via HDMI CEC
                            5. Some gamepads now work
                            6. Added ability to always use fractional frequencies for system automatic frame rate function
                            7. Enabled recent apps snapshots for TV ROMs
                            8. Changed appearance of grant permissions gialog
                            9. Changed volume bar view
                            10. Improvements for visibility of more Wi-Fi channels
                            11. Added dual band Wi-Fi hotspot
                            12. Added immersive mode option for system bars
                            13. Some fixes of focus for choice app window
                            14. Added Ethernet switcher
                            15. Now fake Wi-Fi option working without reboot
                            16. Fixed showing IP and MAC addresses when use fake Wi-Fi option
                            17. Other improves of fake Wi-Fi option
                            18. Updated ukrainian translations
                            19. TvSettings. Some descriptions changes
                            20. Fixed screenrecord utility
                            21. Changed boot animation (X2,X3)
                            22. Ugoos remote changes:
                            - bluetooth disconnections fixed
                            - connection status now available on server main page
                            - video streaming bug fixed
                            - some device pairing bugs fixed
                            - Wi-Fi/Ethernet connections stability optimized

Download

Comment

Would be awesome if they could add a whitelist to the autoframerate function so you can exclude apps, also anyone getting purple image after refresh rate fix or "no signal"? i get these on philips 4k TV

Comment

Working...
                              X