6. Fixed screen rotation for non FullHD interface
    7. Some wallpapers are copied to user folder
    8. Added Fake Wi-Fi function
    9. Fixed some crashes of application TvSettings
    10. Added horizontal recent apps window as option
    11. Fixed not worked TV volume control by CEC in some cases
    12. Fixed h265 playback crash
    13. Fixed interlaced video stream jitter bug
    14. Fixed display freezes and becomes slow/lags while selecting PIP mode options in VLC app
    15. Fixed freezes when playing 8k video (X3)
    16. Ugoos remote changes:
    - added quick connection menu
    - added joystick menu
    - fixed work with third-party keyboards
    - added multi-touch to the touch screen
    - added button on-off vibration
    - added button power off TV box
    - other changes

Dualboot build with CoreELEC
    1. Increase CoreELEC partition size to 3GB
    2. Replaced CoreELEC night build to stable 9.2.2

https://mega.nz/folder/308lmRxA#xdw85hrwSEmKZ97GTfMmxA
    Looks like they listened to BOTH of my requests - now that is service!

One more thing would be to add masked HDMI - they have this under their listed features https://ugoos.com/ugoos-video-features - but it is not actually an option on the device
    Last edited by DEcosse; 05-27-2020, 16:23. Reason: typo

Comment

mo123 - can you share where you see this?
      The Blog and the Download Centre both still show v0.3.2 - is there another location this update info is shared (or maybe you just have inside info - which is fine! )

The link you shared certainly works, no issue there - just wondering if I'm looking in the wrong spot for the release info

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is still release candidate not final firmware, so it's released for beta testers to check if they don't find any new bugs.
        Then when it's tested properly and any new bugs fixed, it's released on their blog and by ota for everyone so everyone has a stable firmware with no complaints. They release the rc or beta firmwares and changelogs on (4pda.ru AM6) and telegram.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Nice surprise today

v0.3.3

1. Fixed work of multichannel high resolution PCM audio
      2. Added saving display mode after turning off/on the TV with AV receiver
      3. Now default display mode for applications equals resolution in settings
      4. Now Lock UI size function worked for all display modes
      5. Applications will not be redrawn if enabled Lock UI size function
      6. Fixed screen rotation for non FullHD interface
      7. Some wallpapers are copied to user folder
      8. Added Fake Wi-Fi function
      9. Fixed some crashes of application TvSettings
      10. Added horizontal recent apps window as option
      11. Fixed not worked TV volume control by CEC in some cases
      12. Fixed h265 playback crash
      13. Fixed interlaced video stream jitter bug
      14. Fixed display freezes and becomes slow/lags while selecting PIP mode options in VLC app
      15. Fixed freezes when playing 8k video (X3)
      16. Ugoos remote changes:
      - added quick connection menu
      - added joystick menu
      - fixed work with third-party keyboards
      - added multi-touch to the touch screen
      - added button on-off vibration
      - added button power off TV box
      - other changes

Dualboot build with CoreELEC
      1. Increase CoreELEC partition size to 3GB
      2. Replaced CoreELEC night build to stable 9.2.2

https://mega.nz/folder/308lmRxA#xdw85hrwSEmKZ97GTfMmxA
      What is the remote thingy?
      A device or an application?

Comment

Originally posted by owhbaem View Post

What is the remote thingy?
        A device or an application?
        I think it's the Ugoos remote service on the device, you scan the QR code to install the app on your phone.
        It doesn't sound like a physical remote.

Comment

its a remote app similar to the android one... handy if you loose the factory one or the batteries run out on it.... and better or quicker/easier to type.

Comment

You should use a download accelerator app if you want to download big files on a tv box since Chrome doesn't support resuming downloads if the app crashes.
            Use something like Navi or ADM.
            Is that what giving me "corrupt file" fails when flashing? Even twrp app, all default to twrp (recovery) for an "install"....
            Found mine own post in thread saying the 2.9 had me swap back to stk. Recovery. Only then would stock ota updater work with zip, or i think twrp app would flash an img.
            .....Then swap back to custom TW recovery.
            Several fails with update 3.x. So the problem is a corrupted dl? ...and ned to use ADM?
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              Or an Intel PC

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Is that what giving me "corrupt file" fails when flashing? Even twrp app, all default to twrp (recovery) for an "install"....
            Found mine own post in thread saying the 2.9 had me swap back to stk. Recovery. Only then would stock ota updater work with zip, or i think twrp app would flash an img.
            .....Then swap back to custom TW recovery.
            Several fails with update 3.x. So the problem is a corrupted dl? ...and ned to use ADM?
            Ugoos firmwares use stock recovery to update.

Comment

Ugoos firmwares use stock recovery to update.
              Good to know. I don't like things simple anyway.
              so I open the ADM browser, which I've rarely used, and a zip file is downloading. What's the easiest proper way to flash from here. The box is pretty basic with magisk, and TWRP as my recovery. Running stable as can be, except for updating.
              so the swappa recoveries is necessary? For is there a better way?
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I'm really considering the AM6 Plus (moving on from a Firestick 4k which we really like). Before I part with some cash, are there ways of watching HD netflix, google movies etc (even if its via trickery). It would make for a happy wifey

any assistance appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by st1nga View Post
                  I'm really considering the AM6 Plus (moving on from a Firestick 4k which we really like). Before I part with some cash, are there ways of watching HD netflix, google movies etc (even if its via trickery). It would make for a happy wifey

You can stream movies with this tv box but it does not support the widevine L1 certification so u cannot watch via official streaming apps like Netflix or amazon prime in HD,

but it is by far best box i ever had, firmware support is excellent and they listen to complaints and ideas from users and fix stuff unlike other manufacturers, framerate switching feature is also nice to have and fully working in this box, makes watching online streams or youtube a nice experience stutterfree at correct framerates.

Too bad its not an L1 device but they will not get L1, maybe we can get a hacked widevine would love to test that

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Good to know. I don't like things simple anyway.
                    so I open the ADM browser, which I've rarely used, and a zip file is downloading. What's the easiest proper way to flash from here. The box is pretty basic with magisk, and TWRP as my recovery. Running stable as can be, except for updating.
                    so the swappa recoveries is necessary? For is there a better way?
                    you can restore stock recovery using twrp app maybe? i have not tried that toh

Comment

Originally posted by st1nga View Post

You can watch 1080p Netflix if you use the Kodi addon in CoreELEC, dual-boot firmware.
                      You will have to switch between Android/CoreELEC for this but it's easy with the power menus.

For Google Movies, I'm not sure, either it will work only in lower quality or not at all.
                      For movies there are lots of free alternatives like Tubi TV, Crackle, Vuzu, Filmrise, IMDB(if in the US) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Experien View Post

Yes, exact same behavior here! Including the weirdo GPU stuff once, when I connect it the first time.
                        No device is perfect, got the box to work normally after i replug power supply, its working ok now no weird glitches, i only get that after i restart from sleep, i full restart now everytime and no problems

Comment

Yes, it is a good device for the intended use, I hope it lasts. Yesterday amazon.es has Nvidia Shield TV Pro again in stock, and I impulsively order it, but... I started to think, ok what is the main use for the box? - Kodi... and more? Hummm really nothing more... Maybe browsing but I have been doing that on the TV. I have a Samsung 2019 TV so I already have all Netflix Amazon etc in 4k, I don't play videogames, for Kodi the box is working amazingly with coreelec with CEC finally working as intended. Ok, I still have the LAN problem (mine is 100mbps), and it is kind of upsetting me... but not enough for me to spend 225€ in a Shield :P

Comment

Originally posted by Experien View Post
                            Yes, it is a good device for the intended use, I hope it lasts. Yesterday amazon.es has Nvidia Shield TV Pro again in stock, and I impulsively order it, but... I started to think, ok what is the main use for the box? - Kodi... and more? Hummm really nothing more... Maybe browsing but I have been doing that on the TV. I have a Samsung 2019 TV so I already have all Netflix Amazon etc in 4k, I don't play videogames, for Kodi the box is working amazingly with coreelec with CEC finally working as intended. Ok, I still have the LAN problem (mine is 100mbps), and it is kind of upsetting me... but not enough for me to spend 225€ in a Shield :P
                            Shield is good, but i like a full android on my tv screen, may be not optimal for normal user but i can stream anything i want and use apps like coub, imgur or others like on my phone, androidtv looks not good for me, cant even install adblocker, i realised its not for me i was in hotel had my mibox and i wanted it to connect to hotel wifi hotspot, my phone connected using hotspot login (webpage) but androidtv does not have that feature so it thinks the wifi has no internet, couldnt use it then, with normal android it is working like on my phone. That was one reason to use full android, also much more customizable than android tv, (black background wtf)

Comment

Working...
                            X