No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. It's not the USB port or the USB CPU fan as it was unplugged and it turned on.

Was working fine for the past day. Next option is the airmouse with USB receiver or the broadlink somehow sending power on requests.

Will start unplugging USB remote receiver first.

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluetooth also causes power-on problems for some users with different devices.
      But you most likely already have it turned off.

Actually I do have it on as I have a Logitech k830 keyboard I use occasionally. I'll add it to the list of testing

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally never leave boxes on/standby overnight,
      Due to unknown quality of power packs, and their origins.
      Not saying that Ugoos power packs have a problem, just its a thing with all plug packs in general.

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Yes just go buy a Samsung Bar 3.0+ thumb drive, it is aluminum bodied so it dissipates heat very well for long life, it is the best option, you just fill it with your game ROMs and leave inside the devices USB 3.0 port(the blue USB port). I believe it comes in 128gb or 256gb for its larger capacity sizes.
    Thanks a lot, I’ll look into that memory stick. I didn’t get what you meant about using the SD card as removable storage or internal storage?
    What did you mean and what’s the difference?

Comment

trebor

Yeah I prefer to turn my boxes off as well which is why I can't work out why it's turning back on from off state.

The only thing I don't do is turn it off at the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by GS2k20 View Post
        Thanks a lot, I’ll look into that memory stick. I didn’t get what you meant about using the SD card as removable storage or internal storage?
        What did you mean and what’s the difference?
        Like a PC you can install hard-drives in the PC casing and call them "internal storage" and then at the same time use a USB cable to connect and external hard-drive(ie. removable storage) than can be easily disconnected and travel and transport data wherever you go. For Android the OS will let you add Storage (SDcard/USB/SSD) FORMATTED as internal storage meaning it is intended only for that single device and can no longer be used to transport data between devices; where as a drive that is removable storage is not formatted and can be used with different types of device to transport data.

Comment

Deleted
          Last edited by Spastro; 04-14-2020, 13:51.

Comment

Like a PC you can install hard-drives in the PC casing and call them "internal storage" and then at the same time use a USB cable to connect and external hard-drive(ie. removable storage) than can be easily disconnected and travel and transport data wherever you go. For Android the OS will let you add Storage (SDcard/USB/SSD) FORMATTED as internal storage meaning it is intended only for that single device and can no longer be used to transport data between devices; where as a drive that is removable storage is not formatted and can be used with different types of device to transport data.
            Ok, thanks. Got it now I think.
            So does that mean my original question is still valid about using a larger capacity micro SD card in my box? Without damaging the card and the box itself over time.
            What I did with my old micro SD when I bought it for my minix box was just stick it in the slot in the box and click format when it was new. Filled it up and I can remove when I want and stick it in any other Android box, just like I would if it was a usb stick.
            The micro SD has been in the minix box from day one I think, for a few years. I haven’t needed to remove it for anything. Seems to be still fine, and I just checked it and it was a 128gb Samsung micro SD, not 64 which I stated at the start.

Comment

Just get a USB drive, using large MicroSD cards are only recommended for Video and Picture recoding and transport, which you don't need in a TVbox, if you can't fit your game ROMs on a 32GB card then you are doing something wrong.

Comment

Just get a USB drive, using large MicroSD cards are only recommended for Video and Picture recoding and transport, which you don't need in a TVbox, if you can't fit your game ROMs on a 32GB card then you are doing something wrong.
                Cool, thanks. Don’t know about you, but I can’t fit many PlayStation, Dreamcast and PSP roms onto a 32gb card when the files vary from 500mb-1.6gb per game.

Comment

Still having random issues with this box turning on on its own.

?????

Last night I did the following

Updated to .31 release candidate.
                  Turned off all the power settings.
                  All cec HDMI controls are off. (I've already tried leaving HDMI unplugged and it still turned on)
                  Unplugged my USB air mouse receiver
                  Unplugged my broadlink ir blaster

The box was back on this morning. Nothing plugged in besides power and a HDMI cable. But like I said already tried leaving that unplugged and it still turned on.

I checked the tv remote in the living room to see if it also turned on the box but it doesn't.

I've now taken the batteries out of the ugoos box remote and have gone to work.maybe the ugoos remote is turning the box on randomly?

The only 2 things left to check is turning Bluetooth off. I only have 1 device connected to Bluetooth which is a Logitech k830 living room keyboard which I very really use unless I'm needing to input data. It has an off switch and the keyboard was off as I checked last night.

Anyone else have any other thoughts to test ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
                    Still having random issues with this box turning on on its own.

?????

Last night I did the following

Updated to .31 release candidate.
                    Turned off all the power settings.
                    All cec HDMI controls are off. (I've already tried leaving HDMI unplugged and it still turned on)
                    Unplugged my USB air mouse receiver
                    Unplugged my broadlink ir blaster

The box was back on this morning. Nothing plugged in besides power and a HDMI cable. But like I said already tried leaving that unplugged and it still turned on.

I checked the tv remote in the living room to see if it also turned on the box but it doesn't.

I've now taken the batteries out of the ugoos box remote and have gone to work.maybe the ugoos remote is turning the box on randomly?

The only 2 things left to check is turning Bluetooth off. I only have 1 device connected to Bluetooth which is a Logitech k830 living room keyboard which I very really use unless I'm needing to input data. It has an off switch and the keyboard was off as I checked last night.

Anyone else have any other thoughts to test ?
                    Test for another day without any things plugged in.
                    If it turns on again, root your device and send a logcat to Ugoos(use the Ugoos settings or syslog app) to check what services are running that might wake up the device.

Comment

Will that log anything if the device is technically in the off state?

Instead of standby ?

Comment

Thanks. Will look into it

Comment

Turned on again by the time I got home from work the only thing plugged in was HDMI.

Do I have to root the device in order to capture the logs by the ugoos system debug?

Comment

I turned on the ugoos logging last night without rooting the device as I didn't want to void my warranty. When I checked the logs this morning the logs were turned off. Is there anyway to keep them on after the device turns off?

Comment

Working...
                          X