No announcement yet.

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup found it! No idea how I missed that!
    have turned it off to try. No one used the amp so strange that it sends a signal but who knows.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Its CEC it has been strange on every device i ever had lol

Comment

Nope. Turned on again over night by it self with cec controls off on the ugoos.

Might unplug the HDMI as well next time for the sake of testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
          Nope. Turned on again over night by it self with cec controls off on the ugoos.

Might unplug the HDMI as well next time for the sake of testing.
          What TV do you have?

Comment

It's hooked up to a Sony amp then to a projector.
            none of my other boxes have had this issue which is why I find it strange.

Gonna pull the HDMI out tonight to see if it's that

Comment

Well as i can say i have no problems with my box, its connected to philips 4k tv

Comment

It's not the HDMI or cec. Had HDMI unplugged last night and it was on this morning.

Next two things I need to try is to see if my broadlink it blaster is doing it or the USB dongle for the airmouse

Comment

I don't own this box. However, is the PS plugged in to a switched outlet?

Comment

Switched outlet?
                    its plugged into a power board with a few other items

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                      RISCy Dude commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We have an AC outlet that is controlled by a wall switch. Originally, our AVR was connected to that AC outlet, often when I went to switch off the porch light, I would accidentally hit the other switch.
                      Assuming the AM6 boots when power is applied, I thought maybe someone might be be throwing a switch.
                      Also, when I had an internet radio plugged in to the same plug that the refrigerator was on(because I was lazy that day), it would turn on when the fridge cycled on due to sag(?). :- )

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
                    It's not the HDMI or cec. Had HDMI unplugged last night and it was on this morning.

Next two things I need to try is to see if my broadlink it blaster is doing it or the USB dongle for the airmouse
                    So it has nothing to do with the ugoos am6 tv box

Comment

I think I might have possibly found it.
                      i have one of those USB CPU fans for cooling tv boxes down. I've always used it without an issue.

Was plugged into one of the two USB ports at the back on the unit.

Unplugged it yesterday morning and didn't turn back on yesterday at all unless I turned it on with the remote.

Didn't turn on over night. So will leave it unplugged for a few more days to confirm.

Comment

Does anyone know how these Ugoos AM6 boxes handle bigger capacity micro SD cards?
                        I have a new AM6 plus box on the way and was looking to get a new 128gb micro SD card for it.
                        I currently have a 64gb card in my old Minix U9-H box at the moment and is fine. But I’ve been looking at the official Ugoos site for info and it’s saying that they don’t support large capacity cards, is this true? Has anyone tried any large capacity cards in their boxes? Can’t seem to find any answers about this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GS2k20 View Post
                          Does anyone know how these Ugoos AM6 boxes handle bigger capacity micro SD cards?
                          I have a new AM6 plus box on the way and was looking to get a new 128gb micro SD card for it.
                          I currently have a 64gb card in my old Minix U9-H box at the moment and is fine. But I’ve been looking at the official Ugoos site for info and it’s saying that they don’t support large capacity cards, is this true? Has anyone tried any large capacity cards in their boxes? Can’t seem to find any answers about this.
                          Thanks
                          You can use a large capacity Card if it is going to be used as removalable storage, not formatted as internal storage. When formatting a card for internal storage you know the Read/Write speed of a MicroSD is usaually only a fraction, maybe 30-50% R/W speed of the built-in Nand/eMMC chip, which could cause stress-fatigue-failure. The card limit of 32GB is probably set to imply the usage of approved HC rated cards and not XC cards(64gb and above) due to the Card reader component build standards.

So if you want to add a formatted internal storage drive the best option would be to connect through the USB-3.0 to use the higher speeds, either as thumb drive or an external SSD drive. You got a blank 1tb SSD lying around? -- they are not cheap. SSD will probably format and run no problem. USB-3.0+ Thumb drives would be a better option to lower costs and still have added large storage capacity(128, 256, 512g) plus also use USB-3.0 R/W speeds.

For my usage there is no scenario where I need more than 64gb on an Android STB. If using Armbian/Linux as a PC replacement then maybe 128GB maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                            You can use a large capacity Card if it is going to be used as removalable storage, not formatted as internal storage. When formatting a card for internal storage you know the Read/Write speed of a MicroSD is usaually only a fraction, maybe 30-50% R/W speed of the built-in Nand/eMMC chip, which could cause stress-fatigue-failure. The card limit of 32GB is probably set to imply the usage of approved HC rated cards and not XC cards(64gb and above) due to the Card reader component build standards.

So if you want to add a formatted internal storage drive the best option would be to connect through the USB-3.0 to use the higher speeds, either as thumb drive or an external SSD drive. You got a blank 1tb SSD lying around? -- they are not cheap. SSD will probably format and run no problem. USB-3.0+ Thumb drives would be a better option to lower costs and still have added large storage capacity(128, 256, 512g) plus also use USB-3.0 R/W speeds.

For my usage there is no scenario where I need more than 64gb on an Android STB. If using Armbian/Linux as a PC replacement then maybe 128GB maximum.
                            Thanks for the reply. I’m just looking for something that’s not big like a SSD or external HD in physical size. I’m looking for something with a decent enough space, ideally between 128-512gb that I can just leave in the box and have filled with all my roms for the various emulators on the box. The bigger the better, for storing the bigger PSP and PSX roms.
                            I’ve had the 64gb micro SD just left in the Minix from day one and now that the new box is coming I was hoping to get something a bit bigger because it’s almost full. Hence the question about will larger micro SD cards work on the box. But I guess I might have to look into a usb stick instead after your reply.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t get what you mean about using the card as removable storage and internal storage? I’m not into too advanced tinkering with boxes and software. I was just wondering if I could go out and buy a bigger micro SD card, stick it in the slot, fill it full of rims and movies and whatever and leave it there.

Comment

Originally posted by GS2k20 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I’m just looking for something that’s not big like a SSD or external HD in physical size. I’m looking for something with a decent enough space, ideally between 128-512gb that I can just leave in the box and have filled with all my roms for the various emulators on the box. The bigger the better, for storing the bigger PSP and PSX roms.
                              I’ve had the 64gb micro SD just left in the Minix from day one and now that the new box is coming I was hoping to get something a bit bigger because it’s almost full. Hence the question about will larger micro SD cards work on the box. But I guess I might have to look into a usb stick instead after your reply.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t get what you mean about using the card as removable storage and internal storage? I’m not into too advanced tinkering with boxes and software. I was just wondering if I could go out and buy a bigger micro SD card, stick it in the slot, fill it full of rims and movies and whatever and leave it there.
                              Yes just go buy a Samsung Bar 3.0+ thumb drive, it is aluminum bodied so it dissipates heat very well for long life, it is the best option, you just fill it with your game ROMs and leave inside the devices USB 3.0 port(the blue USB port). I believe it comes in 128gb or 256gb for its larger capacity sizes.

Comment

Working...
                              X