Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    Has anybody tried Coreelec with this box?

I'd be interested to know whether an existing DTB will allow the box to work with CE.
    Not sure.
    I am learning a lot right now and my experience is more about being able to get games/video streaming working properly.
    I have seen a forum where they are working on getting Coreelec working when I did a google search.
    I suppose they are probably building a version of it that won't overwrite the box but will run off a sdcard.

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post

Not sure.
      I am learning a lot right now and my experience is more about being able to get games/video streaming working properly.
      I have seen a forum where they are working on getting Coreelec working when I did a google search.
      I suppose they are probably building a version of it that won't overwrite the box but will run off a sdcard.
      Yes there is a working version for S922X boxes such as the GT-King etc which can be run from an SD card. It's often the case of whether an existing DTB can be used across a range of boxes.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

twrp-9.0-w400-3.3.1-0-signed.zip...just google search it, Put TWRP on SD card and install from recovery. And no nothing has been able to ROOT the box...have tried everything. Don't try BeeLink GT King, nothing works, (USB's, remote, etc.) plus you lose your display on the front panel.
        Hey raruba I tried and basically it never shows up for me. I reboot into recovery, reboot using the switch, even using power menu and twrp doesn't come up. I installed it from the ext drive as a zip but still doesn't recognize it. (if I reboot using a sdcard/flash drive with a recovery.img it does start it but I want to just start it without)....any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by greenstone View Post

Hey raruba I tried and basically it never shows up for me. I reboot into recovery, reboot using the switch, even using power menu and twrp doesn't come up. I installed it from the ext drive as a zip but still doesn't recognize it. (if I reboot using a sdcard/flash drive with a recovery.img it does start it but I want to just start it without)....any ideas what I am doing wrong?
          Use Official TWRP App_v1.21 to install. ....unzip TWRP 9.0-w400-3.3.1-0-signed.zip and use the recovery.img file from it. Flash the recovery.img file with Official TWRP App_v1.21.apk then install Power Menu_v1.6.apk to reboot in recovery. Hope that makes since.

Since your ROOTED you will be able to use Official TWRP App_v1.21.apk to flash the img file from the zip.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

First you have to edit your build prop to even be able to use your notifications. Just open your build prop, find the setting talking about low ram and change it from true to false. What this will do is add all of your 'special settings' and allow you to have notifcation access. To see what I am talking about go to settings/apps and notifications/advanced/special apps access and you will see that after you edit the build prop and reboot there will be more settings there including notifcation access. If you do not edit the build prop every time you try to use an app that ask for notifcation access it will tell you the device does not have access. Then after you edit the build prop and reboot you can install a notifcation shade app and give it access to notifcations.
            Tried this and still says this feature not available

Comment

Tried this and still says this feature not available
              You need to edit the build prop in the vendor folder. You just open it, change the low_ram to false, save your edit, then reboot. After you reboot you can check your special settings and notificaton access will now be there. Its never not worked for me, and I have been using it for years to get notificaton access on several different devices. Just go to were I told you to go to look at your special settings, and you will see after you edit the build prop and reboot there wll be a lot more special setings including notifcation access.

Comment

You need to edit the build prop in the vendor folder. You just open it, change the low_ram to false, save your edit, then reboot. After you reboot you can check your special settings and notificaton access will now be there. Its never not worked for me, and I have been using it for years to get notificaton access on several different devices. Just go to were I told you to go to look at your special settings, and you will see after you edit the build prop and reboot there wll be a lot more special setings including notifcation access.
                What app you using for the notifications? I have tried many and they still don't work.......I can see all the things your saying and turn them ON, but the app still don't work, and so can't see any notifications at top of screen.

Comment

What app you using for the notifications? I have tried many and they still don't work.......I can see all the things your saying and turn them ON, but the app still don't work, and so can't see any notifications at top of screen.
                  Question, do you see 'notification access' in your special settings? If so then the build prop edit worked. The build prop edit does not, I repeat does not add a notification panel to the top, it just gives you access to your notifications. You can use several apps to view your notifications after you edit the build prop. You can use notification widgets etc or you can use apps like power shade that add a notification panel to the top. Its really up to you what app you choose to use for notifications.

Comment

Question, do you see 'notification access' in your special settings? If so then the build prop edit worked. The build prop edit does not, I repeat does not add a notification panel to the top, it just gives you access to your notifications. You can use several apps to view your notifications after you edit the build prop. You can use notification widgets etc or you can use apps like power shade that add a notification panel to the top. Its really up to you what app you choose to use for notifications.
                    Yes I see 'notification access in special settings,....OK I'm gonna try power shade

Comment

Looks like the Russians made a patch for the kernel of the new firmware Patch_x88king_VolksWare_by_Sasvlad.zip ( 9,08 ?? ) but I can't get to it.

Comment

Looks like the Russians made a patch for the kernel of the new firmware Patch_x88king_VolksWare_by_Sasvlad.zip ( 9,08 ?? ) but I can't get to it.
                        I am not sure why any of these sites require you to have an account to download, and I am also not sure why users would not just post a link so everyone can download things. These sites make money from ad revenue and most of their traffic do not have accounts so its beyond stupid to require people to have an account to download anything. Its almost like they are saying 'thanks for helping me get ad revenue, but I am still gonna be a prick and mak eyou signup before you can use features on my site'.

Comment

I am not sure why any of these sites require you to have an account to download, and I am also not sure why users would not just post a link so everyone can download things. These sites make money from ad revenue and most of their traffic do not have accounts so its beyond stupid to require people to have an account to download anything. Its almost like they are saying 'thanks for helping me get ad revenue, but I am still gonna be a prick and mak eyou signup before you can use features on my site'.
                          LMAO....yeah your right

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Hello thank you for the patch. A little answer; how to install it? With twrp?

Comment

Originally posted by tedeg View Post
                                Hello thank you for the patch. A little answer; how to install it? With twrp?
                                Yeah with TWRP, there's no IMG file in the Zip, so you have to use TWRP.

Comment

Working...
                                X