Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted in the wild: x88 King x922

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by greenstone View Post
    After looking around and some moaning and bitching I got one of the vendors to actually put up a link to the box on their site.
    But its still the older firmware with all the bugs.

    Look for the x88-king listed below they have the firmware in a download folder.

    http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.html
    Looks like the Russian found a new firmware dated 12/7/2019....have to wait and see

    Comment


      #32
      Del
      Last edited by wrxtasy; 12-09-2019, 18:06. Reason: Wrong thresd...

      Comment


        #33
        raruba Yeah the autoupdate went through - I also reset the box - clearing cache and param - still have the same software issues. Many apps from the app store do not work and still have the security issue with the version of android 9. I was unable to find the ability to turn on root or anything specific that they may have changed. I am betting they just tweaked some settings to get a higher antutu score. Supposedly another update is coming in 7 days but I am really in doubt as to if they will fix anything with it.

        Also the launcher sucks can't put your own background or anything so I am using squarehome3 which gives it a much nicer look and lets me put a background without any trouble. Also gives you easy access to the open recent apps command so it makes it easier overall.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by greenstone View Post
          raruba Yeah the autoupdate went through - I also reset the box - clearing cache and param - still have the same software issues. Many apps from the app store do not work and still have the security issue with the version of android 9. I was unable to find the ability to turn on root or anything specific that they may have changed. I am betting they just tweaked some settings to get a higher antutu score. Supposedly another update is coming in 7 days but I am really in doubt as to if they will fix anything with it.

          Also the launcher sucks can't put your own background or anything so I am using squarehome3 which gives it a much nicer look and lets me put a background without any trouble. Also gives you easy access to the open recent apps command so it makes it easier overall.
          Use ADW Launcher v2.0.1.67 it works great. Go to device preferences and click on security&restrictions , then then turn on root & turn off verify apps. So far it runs great with root turned on. Also use lucky patcher to update google play, then u will be able to install any app.

          Comment


            #35
            raruba Hmm I turned on root so I can use fdroid apps dns66 and adaway - which makes it nicer for me - however I still can't install amazon prime or disney plus from the app store - not mention hearthstone, world of tanks, angry birds - are you having the same problem??  Can you check??  Since I am wondering now if its only my box doing this.

            I was able to install aida64 however I can't even install the antutu benchmark from the playstore and you have that running...  I will have to look for the lucky patcher as you said.
            Last edited by greenstone; 12-10-2019, 02:48.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by greenstone View Post
              raruba Hmm I turned on root so I can use fdroid apps dns66 and adaway - which makes it nicer for me - however I still can't install amazon prime or disney plus from the app store - not mention hearthstone, world of tanks, angry birds - are you having the same problem?? Can you check?? Since I am wondering now if its only my box doing this.
              ?
              I was able to install world of tanks live wallpaper, is that what u were talking about? If so you need to update your google play store with LUCKY PATCHER.

              Comment


                #37
                raruba Tried to use the luckypatcher to replace the play store but it wouldnt work - according to the app you should uninstall the playstore first then install a modded one - that just caused me to have to reset the box completely. (playstore is not easy to remove and replace it seems.) Anyway I will probably just wait for the next patch to get it working since the patcher is not working out for me.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                  raruba Tried to use the luckypatcher to replace the play store but it wouldnt work - according to the app you should uninstall the playstore first then install a modded one - that just caused me to have to reset the box completely. (playstore is not easy to remove and replace it seems.) Anyway I will probably just wait for the next patch to get it working since the patcher is not working out for me.
                  Save the newest version of Google Play in your download folder of your box. Install Lucky Patcher, then start lucky patcher...let it update the patchs. then at the bottom right right corner click install, u will see the internal SD card at the top, click it and look for your download folder, u should see the google play app in there, click it and install as system app...it will ask u to reboot. REBOOT

                  Comment


                    #39
                    raruba Thanks I was able to get the newest version installed - makes it a bit easier to deal with - however the app problem still persists - many games and apps are unable to install to this version of the OS. For example Hearthstone, World of Tanks, Angry Birds so on don't come up in the playstore. I am going to try and side load some - already tried installing a apk or two like disney + and amazon prime but they failed to run.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                      raruba Thanks I was able to get the newest version installed - makes it a bit easier to deal with - however the app problem still persists - many games and apps are unable to install to this version of the OS. For example Hearthstone, World of Tanks, Angry Birds so on don't come up in the playstore. I am going to try and side load some - already tried installing a apk or two like disney + and amazon prime but they failed to run.
                      Glad to hear u got it installed. I haven't had any problem installing anything so far, but I don't play games...mostly use for TV shows and Movies
                      Seems to be really fast and the picture quality so far is great.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I wasn't able to get Disney+ installed since its not coming up in the app store - lots of apps aren't like I said.

                        So after some trial and error found a method for Disney+:
                        https://www.androidsage.com/2019/11/...droid-devices/

                        Basically once you install it, if it works,you probably won't have audio you need to go into your sound preferences and turn off auto and select all the codecs.

                        I am not working on the games seeing how I can get them working.
                        (I am still wondering why we have to go through a split file to get disney+ to work rather than a single backup apk.)

                        Comment


                          #42
                          From what I am researching I would have to edit the build.prop (with root turned on) - back it up and reboot to get google play store to store saying incompatible files.

                          Problem is making the changes to the build.prop so that it will accept it as a device that works. So far I have been considering what changes to make.

                          # begin build properties
                          # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                          ro.build.id=PPR1.180610.011
                          ro.build.display.id=galilei-userdebug 9 PPR1.180610.011 20191207 test-keys
                          ro.build.version.incremental=20191207
                          ro.build.version.sdk=28
                          ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0
                          ro.build.version.codename=REL
                          ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
                          ro.build.version.release=9
                          ro.build.version.security_patch=2018-08-05
                          ro.build.version.base_os=
                          ro.build.version.min_supported_target_sdk=17
                          ro.build.date=Sat Dec 7 09:43:48 CST 2019
                          ro.build.date.utc=1575683028
                          ro.build.type=userdebug
                          ro.build.user=foxluo
                          ro.build.host=hugsun
                          ro.build.tags=test-keys
                          ro.build.flavor=galilei-userdebug
                          ro.build.system_root_image=true
                          ro.product.model=X88King
                          ro.product.brand=Amlogic
                          ro.product.name=galilei
                          ro.product.device=galilei
                          # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete,
                          # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead.
                          ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                          ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                          ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
                          ro.product.manufacturer=Amlogic
                          ro.product.locale=en-US
                          ro.wifi.channels=
                          # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
                          ro.build.product=galilei
                          # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint
                          ro.build.description=galilei-userdebug 9 PPR1.180610.011 20191207 test-keys
                          ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/galilei/galilei:9/PPR1.180610.011/20191207:userdebug/test-keys
                          ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
                          # end build properties

                          #
                          # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
                          #
                          ro.bionic.ld.warning=1
                          ro.art.hiddenapi.warning=1
                          ro.treble.enabled=true
                          persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so
                          dalvik.vm.isa.arm.variant=cortex-a9
                          dalvik.vm.isa.arm.features=default
                          dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=500
                          net.bt.name=Android
                          dalvik.vm.stack-trace-dir=/data/anr
                          ro.build.expect.bootloader=01.01.180822.152145

                          # begin fota properties
                          ro.fota.platform=S922X
                          ro.fota.type=box
                          ro.fota.oem=x88king
                          ro.fota.device=x88king
                          ro.fota.version=X88King_20191207-1003
                          # end fota properties
                          ro.expect.recovery_id=0x811716e3d7287246acbcf21694 143e8212a9c5e0000000000000000000000000

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by greenstone View Post
                            raruba Yeah the autoupdate went through - I also reset the box - clearing cache and param - still have the same software issues. Many apps from the app store do not work and still have the security issue with the version of android 9. I was unable to find the ability to turn on root or anything specific that they may have changed. I am betting they just tweaked some settings to get a higher antutu score. Supposedly another update is coming in 7 days but I am really in doubt as to if they will fix anything with it.

                            Also the launcher sucks can't put your own background or anything so I am using squarehome3 which gives it a much nicer look and lets me put a background without any trouble. Also gives you easy access to the open recent apps command so it makes it easier overall.
                            So there coming out with another release in 7 days, well this one was a big improvement, that's for sure....at least there trying.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I am working on the build.prop to see if I can change it so it is recognized by the google play store. So far haven't been able to fix it. Was wondering if gt-king and ugoos am6 is having this problem and if not could we get a copy of their build.prop and use it to temporarily give us full access to the google playstore.

                              I also responded to the vendor who e-mailed me with some updated info about the firmware change and how to box is responding hopefully they will pass it on to the manufacturer.

                              Sent them screenshots of the DRM INFO and the security issue with android (not having the latest patches).

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Here is a screenshot of my box now, since I was able to install Disney+ and Amazon Prime, also using Square Home 3.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X