X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatsink modding

Hello folks,
    I took away the cooling film, put 5 small heatsinks (15x15x15 mm) over the cpu and the power supply.
    Backside of the mainboard I put a cooling pad over the complete surface of the board (5 mm thickness), so that there is a contact to the aluminium case.
    The temeratures are about 30 degrees celsius. After 10 minutes prime with 100 percent cpu usage I have temeratures about 50 degrees on all four cores.
    There is no need of air cooling at all. That´s it,
    greetings and good luck for you guys.

Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 01-25-2015, 20:29.

Originally posted by Scooby-Doo View Post
    Hello folks,
    I took away the cooling film, put 5 small heatsinkd (15x15x15 mm) over the cpu and the power supply.
    Backside of the mainboard I put a cooling pad over the complete surface of the board (5 mm thickness), so that there is a contact to the aluminium case.
    the temeratures are about 30 degrees celsius. After 10 minutes prime with 100 percent cpu usage I have temeratures about 50 degrees on all four cores.
    There is no need of air colin at all. That´s it,

that's great can you provide some photos and screen shoots
    so we can follow your guide

Comment

Hello folks,
      I took away the cooling film, put 5 small heatsinkd (15x15x15 mm) over the cpu and the power supply.
      the temeratures are about 30 degrees celsius. After 10 minutes prime with 100 percent cpu usage I have temeratures about 50 degrees on all four cores.

If you are able to take pictures that would be really helpful Scooby Doo.

Comment

pics

Originally posted by noggin View Post
        If you are able to take pictures that would be really helpful Scooby Doo.
        Here are some pics. Sorry for poor quality. But you can imagine how to set it up.
        Bye.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello folks,

Can you take some photos of your work?

Rob

Edit: Sorry didnt see the pics.... Are the pads you use 5mm or .5 mm?

Comment

Here are some pics. Sorry for poor quality. But you can imagine how to set it up.
            Bye.
            What did you use to stick the heatsinks down? Did you just stick them directly onto the chip

Comment

look

Originally posted by goujam View Post
              What did you use to stick the heatsinks down? Did you just stick them directly onto the chip
              Look at the third picture and you see, that I stuck the heatsinks on the alu plate, that they put on the board to cool the chips.
              I used thermal adhesive to fix them.

Comment

Look at the third picture and you see, that I stuck the heatsinks on the alu plate, that they put on The board to cool the chips.
                I used thermal adhesive to fix them.
                I get you now! For some reason I thought you had taken the metal plate off and stuck the heat sinks to the chip directly.

Comment

bigger cooling surface

Originally posted by goujam View Post
                  I get you now! For some reason I thought you had taken the metal plate off and stuck the heat sinks to the chip directly.
                  The alu plate is linked with cooling pads to the chips, if you put the heatsinks on the plate you get a bigger cooling surface.

Comment

Pipo X7

Hello there. Were did you get your cooling pads & heat sinks please. Thanks bud. PS. So do you no when you took away the cooling film from the CPU, did you thermal paste the heat sink right on top of the cpu then. ? Thanks.

Comment

look here

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
                      Hello there. Were did you get your cooling pads & heat sinks please. Thanks bud.
                      http://www.****.de/itm/121310218629

Comment

Heatsink modding

Some more pictures FYI
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks again for the tips Scooby Doo. Have ordered some of that 5mm heat pad to go with the thermal adhesive and heatsinks I've already ordered.

Comment

Good luck

Originally posted by noggin View Post
                            Thanks again for the tips Scooby Doo. Have ordered some of that 5mm heat pad to go with the thermal adhesive and heatsinks I've already ordered.
                            I will expect your results.

Comment

The blue pad is plastic, it doesn't conduct heat, BUT keep heat. So I remove it and add double side thermal tape 3M 468MP, heatsink. I will update pictures latter.

Comment

Working...
                              X