Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I get maximum of 1750kbps bitrate on Netflix with this ROM. It is not even 720p.
    ~Gopichand Pai

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      Your USB is likely giving out much more juice than that. In fact, I always do my testing of OC kernels connected to PC because it gives the most consistent, sufficient juice/current.

      You'd be surprised just how crappy typical cheap power supplies commonly used with tv sticks are compared to a good/moderately decent PC power supply.
      I had no lucky trying other supplies, the one that keep it on more time was a sony cybershot usb charger, but it finaly went off, the weirdest thing is that when i'd turned it on again there was no wifi available...

      I had to came back to finless 2 rom, but i'll keep track to this rom, cause it had a great performance while it worked.

      Thanks!

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
        I had no lucky trying other supplies, the one that keep it on more time was a sony cybershot usb charger, but it finaly went off, the weirdest thing is that when i'd turned it on again there was no wifi available...

        I had to came back to finless 2 rom, but i'll keep track to this rom, cause it had a great performance while it worked.

        Thanks!
        Is your unit a UG007-II by any chance? I'm having similar blink-to-black-screen issues on my UG007-II and I know it's not my power supply. I'm not using the OEM power supply but a 5V, 2 amp Genuine Samsung USB charger which fixed my previous power supply issues.

        ====================================

        Also, what program are most users using to flash this ROM? I used RK Batch Tool v1.7 to flash and the flash was successful. The UG007-II boots up just fine.

        However, when I go into Settings, click on the Wifi toggle, and while I'm typing in my Wifi password, the TV screen flickers once and the screen turns black. I have to pull the power plug & reconnect to reboot.

        Same thing happens again in the Wifi settings screen. Also, the unit will flicker to a black screen while I'm just moving my cursor around on my Logitech K400 bluetooth keyboard with trackpad.

        For now, I Nandroid'ed back to the official 4.2.2 UGOOS Jellybean ROM backup.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by optimummind View Post
          Is your unit a UG007-II by any chance? I'm having similar blink-to-black-screen issues on my UG007-II and I know it's not my power supply. I'm not using the OEM power supply but a 5V, 2 amp Genuine Samsung USB charger which fixed my previous power supply issues.

          ====================================

          Also, what program are most users using to flash this ROM? I used RK Batch Tool v1.7 to flash and the flash was successful. The UG007-II boots up just fine.

          However, when I go into Settings, click on the Wifi toggle, and while I'm typing in my Wifi password, the TV screen flickers once and the screen turns black. I have to pull the power plug & reconnect to reboot.

          Same thing happens again in the Wifi settings screen. Also, the unit will flicker to a black screen while I'm just moving my cursor around on my Logitech K400 bluetooth keyboard with trackpad.

          For now, I Nandroid'ed back to the official 4.2.2 UGOOS Jellybean ROM backup.
          Mine is MK809II Same hw and look than ugoo7II. Using the OEM Supply 5V-1A, i had no flickering it just went off... But no problemas with finless v2

          Comment


            #65
            Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

            Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
            Mine is MK809II Same hw and look than ugoo7II. Using the OEM Supply 5V-1A, i had no flickering it just went off... But no problemas with finless v2
            Before flashing, did you do a full format/wipe? I did a dirty flash over my 4.2.2 setup and I'm thinking maybe that's why.

            Sent from my SPH-L720

            Comment


              #66
              i found bluetooth of this rom very unstable. drops off connection a lot.... also its not connecting to my gamepad whereas there was no such problem with rikomagic rom... any way to port drivers from rikomagiv rom to this one?

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                Before flashing, did you do a full format/wipe? I did a dirty flash over my 4.2.2 setup and I'm thinking maybe that's why.

                Sent from my SPH-L720
                I've only made an idb erase with finless tool and planning to get an mx2

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by himmon View Post
                  Use Finless ROM Flash Tool v1.3.7, select Shomari's Kernel only then flash from bootloader.
                  Please give a link to the Finless ROM Flash Tool v1.3.7

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
                    I had no lucky trying other supplies, the one that keep it on more time was a sony cybershot usb charger, but it finaly went off, the weirdest thing is that when i'd turned it on again there was no wifi available...

                    I had to came back to finless 2 rom, but i'll keep track to this rom, cause it had a great performance while it worked.

                    Thanks!
                    Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                    Is your unit a UG007-II by any chance? I'm having similar blink-to-black-screen issues on my UG007-II and I know it's not my power supply. I'm not using the OEM power supply but a 5V, 2 amp Genuine Samsung USB charger which fixed my previous power supply issues.

                    ====================================

                    Also, what program are most users using to flash this ROM? I used RK Batch Tool v1.7 to flash and the flash was successful. The UG007-II boots up just fine.

                    However, when I go into Settings, click on the Wifi toggle, and while I'm typing in my Wifi password, the TV screen flickers once and the screen turns black. I have to pull the power plug & reconnect to reboot.

                    Same thing happens again in the Wifi settings screen. Also, the unit will flicker to a black screen while I'm just moving my cursor around on my Logitech K400 bluetooth keyboard with trackpad.

                    For now, I Nandroid'ed back to the official 4.2.2 UGOOS Jellybean ROM backup.
                    I'd suggest using Rockchip Batch Tool 2.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA - and hitting erase flash to enter mask ROM mode before re-flashing.



                    Users (including myself) have had problems with being unable to activate wifi after flashing some ROMs, even when reverting to original stock firmware in some cases. I've found entering mask rom mode in batch tool 2.1 then re-flashing solved that issue for me.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by rebrilov View Post
                      Please give a link to the Finless ROM Flash Tool v1.3.7
                      You can use the Rockchip Batch Tool 2.1 instead - https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Nice one Shomari, i'll try this tool! Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                          I get maximum of 1750kbps bitrate on Netflix with this ROM. It is not even 720p.
                          Throughput (and video bit rate) can't be blamed on the ROM without ruling out other factors.

                          The ROM is API level 19 so it meets the basic minimum requirements for Netflix HD capability. Many full blown HTPC users can't even get HD streaming on Netflix, to boot. Many factors other than ROM are in the mix when dealing with Netflix, including network provider, time of day, etc.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                            i found bluetooth of this rom very unstable. drops off connection a lot.... also its not connecting to my gamepad whereas there was no such problem with rikomagic rom... any way to port drivers from rikomagiv rom to this one?
                            anyone plz?

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                              anyone plz?

                              ...try adb push /system/lib/hw the following file https://mega.co.nz/#!7ZYgHbwB!IvNuEn...W5FkEvdyzVufeg

                              Backup your original first.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                                ...try adb push /system/lib/hw the following file https://mega.co.nz/#!7ZYgHbwB!IvNuEn...W5FkEvdyzVufeg

                                Backup your original first.
                                thanks! will try and report here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X