Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash tool exe problem?

Hi there guys,

Just got my MK808 in the mail today and have been planning on getting the 1.6 ROM. This is my first android device of the sorts but I have been in the jailbreaking community for a while with I-devices.

I have been researching ROMs since I ordered the device, and let me say I am impressed with this little community, and of course in the independent developer; excellent work Bob. The organization of the ROM itself, and this forum is rather nice, I do plan on donating.

First impressions aside, I am having a bit of difficulty installing this ROM. Of course before doing anything I read through the Read-me file etc etc. My device wasn't initially recognized (of course it's never that easy), so I had utilize the method of pushing down the reset button, connecting the micro usb to the otg port, and entering flash mode that way.

From there I installed the drivers (win 7, x64) and did a full system shutdown and reboot of both my laptop and the Mk808. This is where my trouble arises! When I reopen the Flash tool exe it still does not recognize the device nor say "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb." However when I go into my device manager it has Class for rocksetusb devises> RK30 device that is showing.

I have tried to reboot in flash mode along with full restarting my computer several times without any luck of the flash tool recognizing it.
    Besides that I have tried/verified:
    *all 4 usb ports on my laptop
    *different micro usb cable
    *Making sure the dev setting on the mk808 are correct
    *verified in fact it is an mk808 under settings and device info

I am lost for what else to try with this problem and have scoured the forum for similar problems but haven't really found anything. Is this a usb problem? Would attempting on another computer help?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hi, did u use this updated drivers: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...FKa0xWRnc/edit ?
      Just bring MK to flash mode and update drivers (3 pcs.) in device manager from download folder.

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by XXXII View Post
        Hi there guys,

Just got my MK808 in the mail today and have been planning on getting the 1.6 ROM. This is my first android device of the sorts but I have been in the jailbreaking community for a while with I-devices.

I have been researching ROMs since I ordered the device, and let me say I am impressed with this little community, and of course in the independent developer; excellent work Bob. The organization of the ROM itself, and this forum is rather nice, I do plan on donating.

First impressions aside, I am having a bit of difficulty installing this ROM. Of course before doing anything I read through the Read-me file etc etc. My device wasn't initially recognized (of course it's never that easy), so I had utilize the method of pushing down the reset button, connecting the micro usb to the otg port, and entering flash mode that way.

From there I installed the drivers (win 7, x64) and did a full system shutdown and reboot of both my laptop and the Mk808. This is where my trouble arises! When I reopen the Flash tool exe it still does not recognize the device nor say "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb." However when I go into my device manager it has Class for rocksetusb devises> RK30 device that is showing.

I have tried to reboot in flash mode along with full restarting my computer several times without any luck of the flash tool recognizing it.
        Besides that I have tried/verified:
        *all 4 usb ports on my laptop
        *different micro usb cable
        *Making sure the dev setting on the mk808 are correct
        *verified in fact it is an mk808 under settings and device info

I am lost for what else to try with this problem and have scoured the forum for similar problems but haven't really found anything. Is this a usb problem? Would attempting on another computer help?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.
        When all else fails, you get into flash mode with the reset button. From there, you can erase NAND and flash ROMs.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)
        MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

haynz - Thanks for the link, I updated to the latest drivers and under device manager it now says rockusb device. But when I open up the ROM flash tool exe the device is still not being picked up when I have it in flash mode.

exglynco - not sure how I can erase nAND or flash the rom without the device being recognized by the flash tool?

I will attempt to redo this whole process on my brother's laptop when he gets home from school and post an update if I get this to work. Guessing it is just some type of usb incompatibility, frustrated .

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII View Post
            haynz - Thanks for the link, I updated to the latest drivers and under device manager it now says rockusb device. But when I open up the ROM flash tool exe the device is still not being picked up when I have it in flash mode.

exglynco - not sure how I can erase nAND or flash the rom without the device being recognized by the flash tool?

I will attempt to redo this whole process on my brother's laptop when he gets home from school and post an update if I get this to work. Guessing it is just some type of usb incompatibility, frustrated .
            You should have the flash tool running. Press the reset button, hold it down, and plug the USB cable from the PC into the OTG. When the PC recognizes the device, the flash tool doesn't find the device? If it doesn't, ditch the USB hub, make sure you're connected to a 2.0 USB port directly connected to the motherboard, etc.

I'm not the lowest of the low, but I am the slowest of the slow (49.6 mpg over 38k miles in Scion xB)
            MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

very mysterious, if PC recognises it and Flash tool doesn't - are u sure, that u are in flash mode (blue LED doesn't burn)?

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
                You should have the flash tool running. Press the reset button, hold it down, and plug the USB cable from the PC into the OTG. When the PC recognizes the device, the flash tool doesn't find the device? If it doesn't, ditch the USB hub, make sure you're connected to a 2.0 USB port directly connected to the motherboard, etc.

some of these are stubborn.

Jim
                MK808 Tapatalk II

Comment

Firmware update video tutorial

(Please expand this description box and read it all the way through before you start.)MyDealStash revisits the... Android Mini TV Dual-Core A9 Processor and ...

Comment

Originally posted by primy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GDVN64n60k

A great one

Thanks for share it.
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by primy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GDVN64n60k
                      I just gote mine today.So this is the way to install Finless 1.6?

Comment

Originally posted by bruncek View Post
                        I just gote mine today.So this is the way to install Finless 1.6?
                        Yes it is.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Great!2 questions: What is the cable that goes in OTG port?I only see one cable going from MK808 on the video...I dont understand..
                          And if it recognizes my device in the begining, i dont have to do that thing with the pin before and after I reboot my PC?

Comment

If your device is recognice and driver is installed then you only need to erase IDB and flash rom.

Enviado desde mi android TV
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

netflix always out of sync help needed please

Hello all, Im having problems watchingnetflix on my mk808, when I try to watch netflix its always out ofsync. I cant say if this was a problem before installing this rom asI never tried it.

I'm not sure what player netflix isusing, is it a netflix player or a player in the rom ?

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Netflix out of sync

Originally posted by steviep View Post
                                Hello all, Im having problems watchingnetflix on my mk808, when I try to watch netflix its always out ofsync. I cant say if this was a problem before installing this rom asI never tried it.

I'm not sure what player netflix isusing, is it a netflix player or a player in the rom ?

Any help would be appreciated
                                Hey
                                I had exactly the same thing last night. Netflix was out by quite a lot. I hit esc on my keypad and went back to the series overview of Dexter and then back into the ep I was watching which made it slightly better.
                                Any ideas?
                                Thanks
                                Hamish

Comment

Working...
                                X