Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLD MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.2 (25.04.2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fanjie0101
    can't use in mk808...after flash this wifi only 2mbps....hardware no problem..flash other firmware 54mbps
    New version

Much better.

Comment

Mouse problems

I use mk808 with 2.2.2 . Wifi slow... but I have Razer Deathadder 1800 dpi mouse. When i simply move mouse i see 30% !!! cpu usage. For what? I see this big slowdown on games to. When stop mouse move everythings works fine.

Second. Is there any way to change this fancy mouse cursor to default?

Anyway this is the best performance rom. 9640 Antutu.

Comment

use 2.2.3 from this link:

are you using 1080p?
        you can use overclock software like setcpu to set higher clocks.
        Everything is possible if we work together!
        ApkFreak

Comment

Thanks for your efforts. I'll try this out when I get home from work (2.2.3) and donate as well. Any way to enable ethernet on at boot yet?

Comment

ethernet at boot shoud work out of the box:"
            im usung "unitek 100 mb usb2.0" and its working almost all the time.
            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
              thx.
              i dont know why i cant edit my own treads:"

MK808 USB BT Kernels:
              http://adf.ly/OAvQi 720p
              http://adf.ly/OAvlW 1080p

Modules RK3066:

Code:
               Select all
              rtl8711.ko; nls_utf8.ko tun.ko; ath3k.ko; hci_vhci.ko; bfusb.ko; bcm203x.ko; btmrvl.ko; btmrvl_sdio.ko; ath.ko; plusb.ko; pl2303.ko; gspca_main.ko ;gspca_sonixj.ko; sunrpc.ko; 
              auth_rpcgss.ko; lockd.ko; r8712u.ko; mcs7830.ko; rt5370sta.ko; rtl8192cu.ko; cp210x.ko; ftdi_sio.ko; nfs.ko; ntfs.ko; 8723au.ko; cx82310_eth.ko; dm9601.ko; smsc75xx.ko; smsc95xx.ko
              Great work lewy20041!!

I wanted to have USB BT capability on mk808, so I tried to flash that kernel above.

RKbatchtool is giving me error that "load FW failed", anyone else having this issue?

And .img file has mk808B in its name. Is this the right file for non B model?

Thanks again

Comment

flash using finless tools its kernel not the whole firmware
                ApkFreak

Comment

Any help?

With 2.2.3 problem not solved.

Originally posted by qwertz View Post
                  I use mk808 with 2.2.2 . Wifi slow... but I have Razer Deathadder 1800 dpi mouse. When i simply move mouse i see 30% !!! cpu usage. For what? I see this big slowdown on games to. When stop mouse move everythings works fine.

Second. Is there any way to change this fancy mouse cursor to default?

Anyway this is the best performance rom. 9640 Antutu.

Comment

Originally posted by pestul View Post
                    Thanks for your efforts. I'll try this out when I get home from work (2.2.3) and donate as well. Any way to enable ethernet on at boot yet?
                    Go here, scroll to the bottom of the FAQ and download the script.

Download Script Manager from the Play Store, then set it to auto run on boot, you'll always get an IP after reboot.

You will have to add an .sh to the file's name in order for SM to work with it.

Edit: Will also take around 45 seconds, since it's supposed to be used at boot and has a delay, it's fixable if you open it up in a word program.

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                    ethernet at boot shoud work out of the box:"
                    im usung "unitek 100 mb usb2.0" and its working almost all the time.
                    Not for me, same as other roms bar 4.2.2. Works fine, then after a reboot it won't get an IP.
                    Currently Using:
                    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                    Retired Devices:
                    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Antutu Score

Wow
                      Attached Files

Comment

Flashed 2.2.2 on my test MK808 and ran great(will test 2.2.3 soon). The speed is excellent and haven't had any problems with either wifi or ethernet. Flashing it now to the one my wife uses for movies, Angry Birds, and surfing the internet in the kitchen. I am running the 720P version but strangely get better performance with the screen settting at 1080. Have it set to performance and overheating is no issue at all.....altho this helps:

Here are some pics of my "custom" case in progress made from an old HDD enclosure - I'm sure many of you have one of these (I have 2 - only 1 had a fan tho).
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Horrorzilla; 05-08-2013, 03:18.

Comment

Nice mod, i'm also looking for a case to mod for the moment im using a rad from athlon xp64 with copper core and copper rad for chipset on other side.

im on lewy 2.1.1 with 2dark kernel; and only one antenna not connected to ground; i was looking for an old cdrom case 5.25 but you give me idea with this hdd case.

Good job and congrat i hope to post some pic one day too

and thanks too to Lewy

Comment

Just tested the updated 2.2.3 rom -2.2.2 definitely ran slower and choppier(at least for me)than 2.2.3. Antutu also read about 600 less and videos thru MXPlayer Pro were not as smooth and it had a hard time downloading and installing multiple play store apps. I had both versions set up the same - performance, noop, 1920x1080 using the 720p version. Lewy ~ awesome fix, I recommend everyone try 2.2.3

Thanks a ton for the great work Lewy ! !
                            Last edited by Horrorzilla; 05-07-2013, 23:51.

Comment

Hi will this work with MK802III ?

Comment

Originally posted by Horrorzilla View Post
                                Just tested the updated 2.2.3 rom -2.2.2 definitely ran slower and choppier(at least for me)than 2.2.3. Antutu also read about 600 less and videos thru MXPlayer Pro were not as smooth and it had a hard time downloading and installing multiple play store apps. I had both versions set up the same - performance, noop, 1920x1080 using the 720p version. Lewy ~ awesome fix, I recommend everyone try 2.2.3

Thanks a ton for the great work Lewy ! !
                                Where did you see 2.2.3? I only see 2.2.2 here and 2.0 on his site.

EDIT: Im a dumb. I went back a page. derp derp.

I am however having an issue accessing the DevHost site. I normally can access it but right now it keeps coming up as a bunch of code like there is a site issue or something.
                                Last edited by Spotopolis; 05-08-2013, 21:31.
                                TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
                                ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
                                CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
                                Recovery: ClockworkMod
                                Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
                                ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
                                Kernel: Persus

Comment

Working...
                                X