Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B (RK903) KitKat 4.4.2 ROM

03-08-2016

- completely new firmware built from Radxa's latest KitKat SDK (radxa_rock_android4-4_141219.tar.gz)
    - latest bootloader (v2.15)
    - persistent screen scale (fixed displayd binary taken from wasser's Minix Neo X7 firmware)
    - add Reboot app by Petrus
    - add Total Commander file manager
    - Nova launcher
    - add Android 4.4 KitKat Nexus 7 Bootanimation

mk808b-rk903-kitkat-4.4.2-1080p_20160308.img.7z

Flashing instructions:
    • Install driver
    • Extract .img from downloaded .7z archive
    • Run the latest AndroidTool_Release_v2.3
      • If you're using Windows 10 make sure to extract it to your primary partition (C:\) otherwise you may receive an error at start
      • Select the 'Upgrade Firmware' tab
      • Select the .img by clicking the 'Firmware button'
      • Click 'EraseFlash' (optional)
      • Click 'Upgrade'
    • The first boot will take more time, please be patient.
    Previous releases based on Dumonde's KitKat for MK808:
    mk808b-rk903-kitkat-4.4.2-1080p.img.7z
    mk808b-rk903-kitkat-4.4.2-720p.img.7z
    Last edited by BalintBanyasz; 03-08-2016, 21:24.
    iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
    MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Great!

Downloading, will try it and post my impressions here.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Tested--1080p. Great!!
      Observations:
      1) Fast............. YES
      2) Stabile.........YES
      3) Wifi............. Working (no problems found)
      4) Bluetooth....Devices found,paired OK (but the mouse that I use for testing (HP Bt-x4000b) didn't respond)
      5) Kodi ............Fast, No problem
      6) webcam......Unsupported (standard UVC (working on OWF))
      note: detected but No Video
      7) app set........Unusable
      note: NO file manager, Obsolete players (redundant with kodi)(removed),Chinese apps and keybord (removed),Google apps: too many (loncher,search,maps,..) (removed)
      But still a great work!

Comment

Originally posted by cingulingu View Post
        Tested--1080p. Great!!
        Observations:
        1) Fast............. YES
        2) Stabile.........YES
        3) Wifi............. Working (no problems found)
        4) Bluetooth....Devices found,paired OK (but the mouse that I use for testing (HP Bt-x4000b) didn't respond)
        5) Kodi ............Fast, No problem
        6) webcam......Unsupported (standard UVC (working on OWF))
        note: detected but No Video
        7) app set........Unusable
        note: NO file manager, Obsolete players (redundant with kodi)(removed),Chinese apps and keybord (removed),Google apps: too many (loncher,search,maps,..) (removed)
        But still a great work!

Hi cingulingu,

Thanks for the feedback.

4) BT: I've only tested filesharing and it worked fine
        6) UVC-compatible webcams should work. Tested with Logitech QuickCam E3500 in Camera app.
        7) The original ROM was made by Dumonde (here's his 4pda post with some description). It's basically the standard Rockchip SDK build + root, gapps mini and init.d support. I've only added my kernels and the latest eHomeMediaCenter app (it's required for RKRemoteControl but otherwise useless).

Regards,
        Balint

Comment

Jst tried my MK808B again and wanted to put a new ROM on it, but I can't get My windows 10 PC to recognize the stick. Anyone know how I can get that fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by ACoster View Post
            Jst tried my MK808B again and wanted to put a new ROM on it, but I can't get My windows 10 PC to recognize the stick. Anyone know how I can get that fixed?

1) Apply registry fix
            2) Install drivers from here
            3) Use AndroidTool_Release_v2.3 from op. Extract it to your primary partition (C:\) otherwise you may receive an error at start.

Comment

Hope you do one for rk901

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post
                Hope you do one for rk901
                Try Dumonde's KitKat for MK808 (RK901).

Comment

Thank you I will give it a try..good job on you ROM rk903 works good

Comment

Thanks for this new rom. I have the following issues with the 1080p image:
                    1. After every reboot/shudown, it launches as though this is the first boot after installation (things like select launcher, default scaling, home screen shortcuts etc.)
                    2. Audio is out of sync when playing mp4 and rmvb videos (MX Player Pro and the stock video player).

Compared to 1080p Finless 2.1, this rom is little snappier and wifi is much better.

Comment

Thanks for the roms. On a 32" 720p TV, the fonts of the 1080p rom are too small, even after increasing the font size. For the 720p rom, it boots with 1080p resolution on first boot, but a crazy resolution that's divided into 4 parts. Changing to 720p resolution corrects it. Otherwise, this rom is far better than the one (finless 2.1) I had. I wonder if it's possible to make an Openelec rom; it would be great. Thanks and keep the good work.

Attached Files

Comment

I have tried to flash this rom on my 808B (I took it apart and verified it's RK903), but after flashing (I tried multiple times) I always get 2 penguins in the upper left corner. These are the steps I used:

1) Put stick into loader mode by plugging in OTG cable while pressing reset button
                        2) Once AndroidTool recognizes the stick under the "Download image" tab I click "LowerFormat", then after that's done in the "Upgrade firmware" tab I select the firmware and press upgrade

The upgrade will be successful, then stick reboots automatically, and it's stuck at 2 penguins. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Tried 720p img, boots incorrect, get 4 screens same as post 11

Click image for larger version

Name:	i1.jpg
Views:	4187
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	554598

I`ll try 1080p .

Cheers

Comment

Ok to add to the above post,
                            Flashed 1080p, works great, for 720p set video.use.overlay from 0 to 1.
                            All working fine,

Thanks BB.

Comment

Originally posted by trowakage View Post
                              I have tried to flash this rom on my 808B (I took it apart and verified it's RK903), but after flashing (I tried multiple times) I always get 2 penguins in the upper left corner. These are the steps I used:

1) Put stick into loader mode by plugging in OTG cable while pressing reset button
                              2) Once AndroidTool recognizes the stick under the "Download image" tab I click "LowerFormat", then after that's done in the "Upgrade firmware" tab I select the firmware and press upgrade

The upgrade will be successful, then stick reboots automatically, and it's stuck at 2 penguins. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                              I only used the Upgrade Firmware tab, did EraseFlash and Upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X