No announcement yet.

MK808B (RK903) KitKat 4.4.2 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have attached the dmesg from the 4pda ROM as requested. I knew the ROM/Kernel from that post wouldn't work but I downloaded all known kitkat ROM's for the device in the hopes I could get one that worked. I should also mention that after flashing the 4pda ROM, I can flash the system.img from your ROM and it will boot and work but no WiFi. If I then flash your kernel I get the 2 penguins again.

I just checked the purchase date on Geekbuying and it was 2013 & it is RK903, not a clone or variant. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files

Comment

Junia .... Looks like a Realtek chip. If you open up the stick it is suppose to look like this...
      http://mrmacbeth.webspace.virginmedia.com/mk808b.jpg
      Last edited by rwstarke; 03-05-2016, 00:27.

Comment

Thanks for your response, I did open the device and have confirmed it is original MK808B, It was purchased from Geekbuying back in 2013. The kernel used in that dmesg is from the 4pda rom for realtek devices. At this time, that rom is the only kitkat that will boot on my device, although wifi or bluetooth wont turn on as my device is rk903.

Comment

Hello, I was looking into the issue again today when I noticed a slight variation from the pic that RWSTARKE posted.

As you can see from the picture I attached, I do have a rk903 chip and my board is the same but there is a difference in the numbers shown.

Mine shows rk903, tod1002, 1305
          Yours shows rk903, tod2002, 1310

Perhaps this is the issue?
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The pic that linked was from another post in the forum. Here is my MK808B from Geekbuying. I have not yet tried to install this ROM/Kernel.
            (You can see I added a wire to connect to an external antenna.)

Comment

Mine also has 2 penguins, the RK903 chip reads

RK903
              S0D400E

Comment

I've built a new KitKat ROM from scratch. Link's in the OP.

I hope that it will work an all MK808B/RK903 devices. Also, make sure that you run EraseFlash before the upgrade.
                iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
                MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Unfortunately the new rom is still giving me 2 penguins. I have flashed it fully on 2 different machines to verify. I think it is likely a kernel problem as I get 2 penguins even if I don't flash the system image (to restore 4.2.2 I flash everything but system so I can quickly use CWM to restore a backup).

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post

I hope that it will work an all MK808B/RK903 devices. Also, make sure that you run EraseFlash before the upgrade.
                    Thanks for all your hard work. I will test tonight when I get home and will report my results.

Comment

I wonder why some of the MK808B sticks like mine have this printing on the circuit board and others do not ...."MK808B_V1.0_2012.10.24"

Comment

Unfortunately the ROM freezes during the boot animation. I am definitely getting much farther then before as I get passed the 2 penguins without issue. I will play around over the next few days to see if I can get it booted.

BalintBanyasz - Did you change anything in the Kernel with this new ROM?

Comment

In mine the 720p is working fine my hardware photos:

Comment

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post

Could you also make your new rom with 720p kernel?

Comment

Looks like we have different RAM chips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RAM.png
Views:	499
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	560609

Last edited by Junia; 03-12-2016, 17:09.

Comment

That should not be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X