No announcement yet.

MK808B (RK903) KitKat 4.4.2 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

720p ok, any reboot i have 2 penguins but after i see bootanimation and all ok.
    I must change overlay 0 to 1 for 720p?? because i see 4 screen 1080p.
    which recovery have been flashed with this rom?? i have cmw but after flash i have recovery stock??

sorry for dirty english

this 4.4.2 don't use A.R.T runtime in default but dalvik. I can use art runtime or dalvik is good and stable?
    Last edited by Mandrake2; 02-09-2016, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by sunfish View Post
      Thanks for this new rom. I have the following issues with the 1080p image:
      1. After every reboot/shudown, it launches as though this is the first boot after installation (things like select launcher, default scaling, home screen shortcuts etc.)
      2. Audio is out of sync when playing mp4 and rmvb videos (MX Player Pro and the stock video player).

Compared to 1080p Finless 2.1, this rom is little snappier and wifi is much better.

1. This shouldn't happen. Try to reflash the ROM after EraseFlash.
      2. There is not much we can do about that. Perhaps you could try SPMC.
      iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
      MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Originally posted by Dirkie View Post
        Thanks for the roms. On a 32" 720p TV, the fonts of the 1080p rom are too small, even after increasing the font size. For the 720p rom, it boots with 1080p resolution on first boot, but a crazy resolution that's divided into 4 parts. Changing to 720p resolution corrects it. Otherwise, this rom is far better than the one (finless 2.1) I had. I wonder if it's possible to make an Openelec rom; it would be great. Thanks and keep the good work.
        You can adjust lcd density in build.prop to make fonts larger (ro.sf.lcd_density).
        Unfortunatelly, OpenELEC is not possible for Rockchip devices because they don't have open-source VPU drivers. You could use Kodi or SPMC on Android instead.

Comment

Originally posted by trowakage View Post
          I have tried to flash this rom on my 808B (I took it apart and verified it's RK903), but after flashing (I tried multiple times) I always get 2 penguins in the upper left corner. These are the steps I used:

1) Put stick into loader mode by plugging in OTG cable while pressing reset button
          2) Once AndroidTool recognizes the stick under the "Download image" tab I click "LowerFormat", then after that's done in the "Upgrade firmware" tab I select the firmware and press upgrade

The upgrade will be successful, then stick reboots automatically, and it's stuck at 2 penguins. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

As Dirkie wrote, you need to use the 'Upgrade Firmware' tab. I've updated the OP with the flashing instructions.

Comment

Hello to all and thank you for the rom. I do the upgrade process the way you tell me and its all ok but when i try to start my mk808b on the tv its only show 2 penguins and thats all. is there anything else to do? i have rk903 for sure. maybe its the fault from my sd card? can i do somthing with card? thank you and waiting for your instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post

You can adjust lcd density in build.prop to make fonts larger (ro.sf.lcd_density).
              Unfortunatelly, OpenELEC is not possible for Rockchip devices because they don't have open-source VPU drivers. You could use Kodi or SPMC on Android instead.
              Lately, I've been testing Kodi. Last night, I was testing whether a live TV channel (CBSN) would continue to broadcast without a problem (from wifi connection, buffering, system, etc) for long periods. It crashed after about 10 minutes. I touched the stick and it was very hot. Today, I tried the same channel, and after about 5 minutes, I noticed the stick was getting hot, so I stopped it.

Comment

Great job, tanks for this upgrade.
                It looks to run smoother than original firmware.

Comment

My local video files shows static image when playing with MX player HW Decoder, but when I change it to SW Decoder, video plays normally. With stock rom HW decoder worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post

As Dirkie wrote, you need to use the 'Upgrade Firmware' tab. I've updated the OP with the flashing instructions.
                    I have followed those exact instructions and still get 2 penguins. I have also tried unpacking the ROM and using the newer 2.15 loader with the same results. I read through the 2 threads and have noticed that there are others who have the same problem (an original MK808B from Geekbuying with RK903 that got penguins with this rom/kernel). Has anyone figure out what happened?

Comment

I found a litter bug.
                      1. set the display scale.
                      2. Reboot
                      3. The scale settings restored .

通过我的 Nexus 7 上的 Tapatalk发言

Comment

hello , the rom is perfect 've done a great job compliments. I wanted to ask how I could do to increase the space of just 0.99GB dedicated to the app because it is so difficult to install games or other . If you can give me directions . Thanks in advance.

Comment

The easy way :

Comment

Cpu frequency stays around 800-1000MHz. Is there a way to keep it at 1500? SetCPU does not work...

Comment

Unfortunately this ROM isn't working for me on my MK808B original (RK903) purchased from Geekbuying. I have the same issues as reported by other users, (This ROM gets stuck on "2 Penguins" or at "Format Cache". The same happens with Dumonde ROM. I can boot properly from Shomari's but I get the screen flicker once Android has booted. I have tried flashing this Kernel to that ROM but then I get 2 Penguins.

So far I have only found 1 ROM that will boot properly on my device. Found it in this post on 4pda http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry46518893

Here is a direct link to the ROM: https://yadi.sk/d/2IpLhHtGnjMbc

This ROM will boot but WIFI cannot be turned on, I tried flashing the fixed Kernel but I get 2 Penguins.

Maybe this will assist someone in figuring this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Junia View Post
                                Unfortunately this ROM isn't working for me on my MK808B original (RK903) purchased from Geekbuying. I have the same issues as reported by other users, (This ROM gets stuck on "2 Penguins" or at "Format Cache". The same happens with Dumonde ROM. I can boot properly from Shomari's but I get the screen flicker once Android has booted. I have tried flashing this Kernel to that ROM but then I get 2 Penguins.

So far I have only found 1 ROM that will boot properly on my device. Found it in this post on 4pda http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry46518893

Here is a direct link to the ROM: https://yadi.sk/d/2IpLhHtGnjMbc

This ROM will boot but WIFI cannot be turned on, I tried flashing the fixed Kernel but I get 2 Penguins.

Maybe this will assist someone in figuring this out.

I'm not sure why my ROM works for some users and doesn't work for others. The ROM that you've linked seems to be for MK808B v5 (Realtek WiFi) and Shomari's ROM is for the MTK clones. So perhaps it's the WiFi module.

When did you purchase your device? Are you sure that you have an RK903? Because Geekbuying started selling the Realtek models in July 2014. Can you send me a dmesg from the 4pda ROM?

Comment

Working...
                                X