No announcement yet.

MK808B (RK903) KitKat 4.4.2 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the latest ROM. After a few self-reboots it started to settle down. Sometimes it would get partially through the boot process and the Bootanimation would stop and it would reboot itself. It still does a double reboot sometimes when plugging in the power. Occasionally when I unplug the power I have to wait a few minutes before I plug it in.

The Bluetooth works with my headphones but does not work with my two keyboards (HP Touchpad and iClever). It will pair them but not connect. Also, the stick hots very hot when watching Youtube and videos.

Comment

This stick heat to much I do a simple mod with some vram coolers and a little fan as you can see in the photos.

You need to do some cute work in the shell but nothing to difficult.
      Regards.

Comment

Was looking to revamp my original (Geekbuying) MK808B for Kodi and/or SPMC usage. Unfortunately this is not the ROM that's going to help me with that. Video playback gives me microstutter (720p) and slideshow playback (1080p) in Kodi and SPMC no matter the settings. Too bad.

Edit: I think this may be related to something other than the ROM, doing some tests to confirm.
        Last edited by swnndn; 04-11-2016, 23:04.

Comment

BalintBanyasz tks for the updated Rom , works great.

Comment

Hi, any mirror? The link from mega it's quota exceeded. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by swnndn View Post
              Was looking to revamp my original (Geekbuying) MK808B for Kodi and/or SPMC usage. Unfortunately this is not the ROM that's going to help me with that. Video playback gives me microstutter (720p) and slideshow playback (1080p) in Kodi and SPMC no matter the settings. Too bad.

Edit: I think this may be related to something other than the ROM, doing some tests to confirm.
              Sadly, it's a known problem of the RK3066 SoC. It has been fixed in RK3188:

The first Amlogic S905 TV boxes have started to ship,  and I received Videostrong K1 Plus a few days ago, but due to some issues with Google Play Store,

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
              BalintBanyasz tks for the updated Rom , works great.
              You are welcome! I'm glad it worked for you

Originally posted by LittleJ View Post
              Hi, any mirror? The link from mega it's quota exceeded. Thanks
              I've just checked and it worked. Please try again.
              iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
              MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Ran into something weird, probably nothing to do with the rom:

One day I turned off the external USB drive and the next time I turned it back on, it wouldn't mount. Apparently it was mounted and then immediately safe-removed. USB flash drives still worked. Any thoughts?

Comment

I need updade a firmware KitKat for MK808B 720p. Thanks.
                  Last edited by bin7; 09-18-2016, 07:36.

Comment

Originally posted by trowakage View Post
                    I have tried to flash this rom on my 808B (I took it apart and verified it's RK903), but after flashing (I tried multiple times) I always get 2 penguins in the upper left corner. These are the steps I used:

1) Put stick into loader mode by plugging in OTG cable while pressing reset button
                    2) Once AndroidTool recognizes the stick under the "Download image" tab I click "LowerFormat", then after that's done in the "Upgrade firmware" tab I select the firmware and press upgrade

The upgrade will be successful, then stick reboots automatically, and it's stuck at 2 penguins. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                    I see a few people have this problem...i had this problem too, then i remembered I had similar problem with a different firmware a few years ago, the trick for me was to use the proper power source for the stick. i was using a 5v 0.5amp source when the stick requires 5v 2.0amp power source. The 0.5 can power the stick up and power the boot screen (2 penguins) but it can't drive the firmware. Make sure you have the correct power source for you stick

Comment

Originally posted by bin7 View Post
                      I need updade a firmware KitKat for MK808B 720p. Thanks.
                      +1 here...it will be nice to have the updated firmware with a 720p kernel. I think the 1080p is too much for this old device...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by razvy79rzv View Post

+1 here...it will be nice to have the updated firmware with a 720p kernel. I think the 1080p is too much for this old device...

Thanks.
                        +1 more I'd like to have the latest rom in 720p too because it's faster in this old stick

Comment

In Probox2 (clone of UHost2 and Mk808b) i install the firmware correctly but on boot up appear two penguins. I don't know if it is a problem with recovery, kernel or the RK30xxLoader that comes in the image, but I have not managed to have Kitkat in my Probox2 even though I have tried all the images in the forum.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

first of all I need to say I'm very happy with KitKat ROM flashed my MK808B a week ago and it works great, thanks!

There's one issue I'd like to have resolved, though: I can't influence CPU frequency. Tried Antutu CPU and some other apps (SU rights granted), I tried to set 1.2-1.4 GHz variable frequency (interactive), rebooted MK808B, but CPU frequency stays frozen on 1.0 GHz... Any hint would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi CRX27 ,

did you tried a Kernel Auditor App ???

maybe the CPU Speed is changed in Rom by Dev. ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by CRX27 View Post
                                Hello Everyone,

first of all I need to say I'm very happy with KitKat ROM flashed my MK808B a week ago and it works great, thanks!

There's one issue I'd like to have resolved, though: I can't influence CPU frequency. Tried Antutu CPU and some other apps (SU rights granted), I tried to set 1.2-1.4 GHz variable frequency (interactive), rebooted MK808B, but CPU frequency stays frozen on 1.0 GHz... Any hint would be greatly appreciated
                                Hi CRX27,

Perhaps this could help you:

Most applications report CPU frequency incorrectly for RK3066 devices. The recommended app is SetCPU.

Regards,
                                Balint​​​​​​​
                                iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
                                MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Working...
                                X